Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Let's talk about Yoko  (Read 19854 times)

Let's talk about Yoko
« on: August 01, 2004, 10:44:37 PM »

I'd like to hear what people have against Yoko, I mean REALLY. Because she supposedly broke up The Beatles? While it's true that John mostly lost interest in the band when he hooked up with her, the Beatles themselves have always said it was a whole bunch of factors, not just Yoko, Linda, or whomever.

Because she's Japanese? Because she didn't have the cheeriest of smiles? I think people bash Yoko Ono because they think it's what they're supposed to do. They don't even know why they do it -- they think it just goes with the territory or something.

Keep in mind that she was just what John always wanted and needed his entire life and she made him incredibly happy. I don't believe a person can respect John Lennon and mock his knowing what woman he needed at the same time.

So, what exactly do you hate about Yoko? Because she allegedly exploits John?
I've heard this one too, and I think it's untrue -- she has very sparingly released his extra solo work over the years, and it's always been in a complimentary form and NEVER in a way that was unflattering to his memory. Not anywhere near the absurd level that Elvis Presley's estate recycles his ghost, for example.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Let's talk about Yoko
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 12:00:41 AM »

I realize that John needs to take alot of the blame too, but here goes. A decent person wouldnt have been caught in another persons wives bed with their husband (i'm sure Julian was impressed). A decent person wouldnt have let the tension continue to build with her man and friends/coworkers as she loitered around the studio (she easily could have said, "You know John, I think i'm going to step out for awhile so that you lads can get some work done."). A decent person wouldnt have let a wedge come between her feelings for her son and stepson. Finally, besides her ugliness, my final reason is that a decent person would not allow the public to be subjected to the crap that she sang on stage and on the albums that was being passed off as art/music. There!

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 02:39:42 AM »

AMEN!!!!!!!!! I would only like to add if anyone doubts how Yoko is, read Fred Seamans book "Last days of Lennon" a chilling account of Johns last few years and how she controlled and scared john into what she wanted, and how she used his love for her against him. After you read this you will wonder if this is the same John Lennon that formed the most prolific rock group of all time

Fab4

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 02:59:28 AM »

I don't know enough about her to say. John seemed happy enough tho. Who knows really.  But really, why was the first post so confrontational? Opinions weren't even given yet and it's already implied that any reason given is going to be ridiculous.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 03:23:24 AM »

[quote by=Fab4 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=3 date=1091415568]I don't know enough about her to say. John seemed happy enough tho. Who knows really.

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 03:28:51 AM »

I have no ill feelings towards Yoko. John loved her & as far as I know she loved him and for me that's all that should matter.

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 03:35:34 AM »

I think shes been good to John Lennon/Beatles fans since his death. I mean the Lost Lennon Tape Series- 4 cd Anthology set. Newly remastered albums. and being involved in getting Paul, George, and Ringo together.

The one thing I dont understand is why see messed up the videos on Lennon Legend. She remade such videos like Mother and WGYTTN plus Power To The People to the point where nobody would know it was a John Lennon video perhaps im the only one who sees this?

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 03:53:28 AM »

[quote by=RICKENBACKER325 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=2 date=1091414382]AMEN!!!!!!!!! I would only like to add if anyone doubts how Yoko is, read Fred Seamans book "Last days of Lennon" a chilling account of Johns last few years and how she controlled and scared john into what she wanted, and how she used his love for her against him. After you read this you will wonder if this is the same John Lennon that formed the most prolific rock group of all time[/quote]

That's because it's all a huge steaming pile of sh*te.  Fred is a liar and a thief.  I'd recommend reading some better Beatle literature.  He is entirely untrustworthy.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 03:57:00 AM »

I disliked her when she arrived on the Beatle scene, I liked her when I met her, I think she has an ego that is huge and cannot relate to any other person but herself. 

John loved her and so it really was his business, not mine.  Except for a very few songs I cannot take her 'music' either, and yes, Joe, especially in the 60's and 70's her 'music' consisted of mainly wailing and screeching, usually over some very good music beds.  Nowadays she takes a stab at singing, and she's alright. 

I doubt people hated her because of her race, and the 'Yoko broke up the Beatles' myth has long been proven false. 

So really, it's just the godawful recorded legacy she's left, and her inability to really seem to care about anyone.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 04:07:30 AM »

I've got nothing against her as a person.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2004, 04:31:27 AM »

Ya know Mr. Charlie thats thing about opinions. They are like a**holes, everyones got one, and I "Respectfully" disagree with yours. Whether Seaman was a theif is Anyones guess, it all comes down to his word vs. hers. None of us were there! I happen to believe a large portion, if not all of this book was true. Too mant things fit into time and place and coraborate with others stories, not to mention how hard Yoko fought to keep the book from being published and fought just as hard to have it pulled from the shelves afterwards. Anyway MY OPINION IS THAT YOKO WAS A MONEY GRUBBING LEACH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN LAUGHED INTO OBLIVION HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR LENNON. He was the only person that took her seriously Anyway, that is John and maybe You? Look lets not turn this into a "p*ssing match". The question was what we thought of Yoko, NOT what You thought of My opinion and Not what I thought Of Yours "sh*tE" or NOT!

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2004, 04:38:14 AM »

Dont hate her as a person. But She did brake up the greatest band ever. John was happy though.

Paul McCartney :)

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2004, 05:58:33 AM »

[quote by=RICKENBACKER325 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=10 date=1091421087]Ya know Mr. Charlie thats thing about opinions. They are like a**holes, everyones got one, and I "Respectfully" disagree with yours. Whether Seaman was a theif is Anyones guess, it all comes down to his word vs. hers.[/quote]

Opinions are one thing, facts are another.  He admitted in court to stealing tons of things from the Lennon-Ono apartment, and he admitted to badmouthing Yoko publickly and falsely.  He is enjoined by a COURT ORDER to NOT get involved in ANY Beatle discussions.  I have argued with this man personally online over the space of a few years and I can tell you from my own experience the man is a total prick.  A *convicted* thief, a liar, and an all around a**hole.

He stole and lied about one of my heroes, he was a jerk to me and others who criticized him.  This in a VERY informed opinion I offer, along with the FACTS.

None of us were there! I happen to believe a large portion, if not all of this book was true.

Of course you do, and that is your right.  But there are those who choose to believe known lies because it conforms to what they think happened, or because it makes them feel like part of being an 'insider'.  I'm sure you are not like this, you just read it and it made sense to to you. 

Of course, -some- of it is true.  Like burying gold nuggets in a giant turd.  But as Fred admitted in court he lied extensively in the book (all for money mind you), so it makes it extremely difficult to know just WHAT is truth and what is fiction.  Hence the problem with his book.  Unreliability.

Too mant things fit into time and place and coraborate with others stories, not to mention how hard Yoko fought to keep the book from being published and fought just as hard to have it pulled from the shelves afterwards.

And won btw. In a court of law. 

Anyway MY OPINION IS THAT YOKO WAS A MONEY GRUBBING LEACH THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN LAUGHED INTO OBLIVION HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR LENNON.

Not exactly radical thinking, but that is the going concept so I am not surprised.

He was the only person that took her seriously Anyway, that is John and maybe You?

She's alright.  Can't take much of her 'art'.  I think she's calculating and cold.  But then John didn't much care what I thought.

Look lets not turn this into a "p*ssing match". The question was what we thought of Yoko, NOT what You thought of My opinion and Not what I thought Of Yours "sh*tE" or NOT!

My sh*te comment was reserved for the book, not your opinion.  It was not meant to be personal.

The book is unreliable and pretty ugly, written by a convicted theif and liar.  What more is there to say?  I understand your disappointment at recommending a book just to have someone pee on your parade, but I cannot let people think this book is anything but trash tabloid money grubbing, for that's exactly what it is.  Sorry.

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2004, 06:01:26 AM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=11 date=1091421494]Dont hate her as a person. But She did brake up the greatest band ever. John was happy though.[/quote]

No, she did not break up the Beatles.

She was one factor of many that led to the breakup, but it was JOHN who brought her into the studio and forced her on his mates.  He wanted to force a confrontation and he did.

Yes, she SHOULD have found a way to gracefully exit, and she should NEVER have offered musical advice to the boys.  She clearly was without a clue.

The group was splitting internally from all four corners and she was but a symptom.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 07:01:36 AM »

Lets all relax here and read a book with all of the facts-

;D

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 07:07:55 AM »

No less a judge than John Lennon said of DON'T WORRY KYOKO that it was the "best f***ing rock-n-roll record ever made".

That makes Yoko a genius, yes?

Um, have I reasoned that through properly?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 07:10:56 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=14 date=1091430096]Lets all relax here and read a book with all of the facts-

;D[/quote]

Oh thats great summer reading there.  It'll cheer you right up, and there's none of those lies like the other book had.  This one clearly isn't sensationalist in the hope of attracting the dollar ;)

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 10:44:21 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=16 date=1091430656]

Oh thats great summer reading there.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

RICKENBACKER325

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 12:10:37 PM »

OK, I must be wrong about the book, maybe if you had offered those facts instead of the comments to start with it would not have seemed personal. Dont misunderstand me, I, in NO way like to think I'm a"insider" I'm just a fan of the Beatles nothing more. I also could care less About Fred Seaman, Dont know him, dont want to know to him. Mr. Charlie your were right ,The book made sense but not because of what i thought, but beacuse it fits with other biographers and what some others that knew John were saying. So i still say she rode the "Lennon horse" for advancement of her own "musical" and "artistic" (and I use those two words VERY loosely) escapades. I feel that if it had not been John, it would have been some other person of noteriety, wealth, and influence that was not sure they knew what they were looking for, That she would have latched onto to futher her agenda. This was the point i really wanted to make and probably should not have mentioned the book. If nothing else maybe its good fiction. Truce Mr. Charlie?

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 02:24:14 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=14 date=1091430096]Lets all relax here and read a book with all of the facts-

;D[/quote]

LOFL!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 83 queries.