Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Let's talk about Yoko  (Read 19857 times)

Re: Let's talk about Yoko
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 02:24:48 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=15 date=1091430475]No less a judge than John Lennon said of DON'T WORRY KYOKO that it was the "best f***ing rock-n-roll record ever made".

That makes Yoko a genius, yes?

[/quote]

No.  It means John wasn't.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 02:26:29 PM »

[quote by=An_Apple_Beatle link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=17 date=1091443461]

Very good, informative book but there are a few disturbing writings and at the time this book had a bit of a slating for sensationalising. Especially John's possible likes of thai boys and some 'further' relationships with Brian. I still found it very good though. Read with an open mind!

[/quote]

Please.  This was a far more vile crapfest than Seaman's ever was.  There is so much false information in this book.  It is a hit piece from a disillusioned homosexual.  Goldman is frying in hell somewhere (he pulled the same stunt with Elvis and Lenny Bruce).

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 02:29:01 PM »

[quote by=RICKENBACKER325 link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=18 date=1091448637] OK, I must be wrong about the book, maybe if you had offered those facts instead of the comments to start with it would not have seemed personal. Dont misunderstand me, I, in NO way like to think I'm a"insider" I'm just a fan of the Beatles nothing more. I also could care less About Fred Seaman, Dont know him, dont want to know to him. Mr. Charlie your were right ,The book made sense but not because of what i thought, but beacuse it fits with other biographers and what some others that knew John were saying. So i still say she rode the "Lennon horse" for advancement of her own "musical" and "artistic" (and I use those two words VERY loosely) escapades. I feel that if it had not been John, it would have been some other person of noteriety, wealth, and influence that was not sure they knew what they were looking for, That she would have latched onto to futher her agenda. This was the point i really wanted to make and probably should not have mentioned the book. If nothing else maybe its good fiction. Truce Mr. Charlie?[/quote]

Sure. 

A lot of people think that of her and I can't say you're right or wrong.

It's just when someone praises Goldman's/Seaman's/Rosen's books I get a bit blustery.  I really was not directing my blast at you, you simply read a book and believed it.  It's hard to know anymore who is lying and who isn't.

Anyway, no offense meant.  I won't bother you with this subject any more.

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »

Wow, a lot of stuff has come down since I started this thread. I see Charlie has already said a lot of what I wanted to, and I thank him for that (hey, Mr. Charlie - please post the famous Lennon quote where John says "f*** you" to people who think he had "the wool pulled over his eyes". I always put this in the faces of the clueless fans who think John was lead around like a dog by Yoko. I know you've posted it elsewhere, but this is the perfect thread for it!

Fred Seaman was a creep, a thief - and he got arrested for his crimes and always had an axe to grind against Yoko (and John, to a lesser extent). He stole John's diary and other posessions and cannot be trusted. His book is a pile of crap and I wouldn't believe 99% of it, if even that. I have it. I've read it. Seaman's a leech.

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 05:11:07 PM »

No less a judge than John Lennon said of DON'T WORRY KYOKO that it was the "best f***ing rock-n-roll record ever made".

I'm sure he didn't mean this literally; it was probably his way of saying that he liked the record, and that he was tired of all the bull against Yoko. And you know what? I've come to dig the song over the years myself.

*Another of my favorite and most beautiful Christmas songs is Yoko's "Listen, the snow is falling". *  -- Beautiful, and very poetic. :)

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2004, 05:14:35 PM »

I realize that John needs to take alot of the blame too, but here goes.

Blame for what? For being in love? Love is blind, they say...

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2004, 05:16:52 PM »

But really, why was the first post so confrontational?

Due to 30 some odd years of hearing a lot of bull against Yoko... I've heard it all, since I've been around 42 years and not 15 or 16. So I already know what people generally think about the subject. Also, I've read her bashed in other threads here. That was my inspiration.

In December 1980, everyone started to love Yoko and feel sorry for her when she lost her man. Now it's the same garbage all over again.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2004, 05:22:09 PM »

[quote by=An_Apple_Beatle link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=17 date=1091443461]

Very good, informative book but there are a few disturbing writings and at the time this book had a bit of a slating for sensationalising. Especially John's possible likes of thai boys and some 'further' relationships with Brian. I still found it very good though. Read with an open mind!

[/quote]

It's pure slander,written by a very strange man looking for revenge. (great SNL skit about this, Goldman was 5th Beatle, got kicked out, 30 years later writes book).   I found it disgusting but maybe I'm just not as "open"

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2004, 05:29:59 PM »

Except for a very few songs I cannot take her 'music' either, and yes, Joe, especially in the 60's and 70's her 'music' consisted of mainly wailing and screeching, usually over some very good music beds.

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2004, 05:41:48 PM »

She was one factor of many that led to the breakup, but it was JOHN who brought her into the studio and forced her on his mates.

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2004, 05:51:08 PM »

So i still say she rode the "Lennon horse" for advancement of her own "musical" and "artistic" (and I use those two words VERY loosely) escapades. I feel that if it had not been John, it would have been some other person of noteriety, wealth, and influence that was not sure they knew what they were looking for, That she would have latched onto to futher her agenda

Even as much as I'm defending her, I'm sure Yoko gravitated to John at first for those very reasons. But they fell in love - real love, I believe - beside her incentive. Besides, do you think Linda Eastman would have fallen for Paul had he not been Paul McCartney?
I don't think so for a second. So the same can be said of just about EVERY woman who has ever latched onto a famous celebrity for whatever she thought she could gain -- be it exposure, fame, wealth, whatever. That's the one advantage I feel we have over celebrities... we know that a person loves us for "us". 

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2004, 06:16:59 PM »

I don't really have any strong feelings for Yoko one way or the other. I'm TOTALLY not one of those people who think she broke up the band, but I can't say I'm a big fan of her "art" either. But she made John happy, and that's the important thing right?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2004, 07:23:42 PM »

The only feelings Yoko wakes up in me is jealosuy. She got the love of my life!!!
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2004, 07:28:17 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=28 date=1091467799]

Do you mean "nowadays" as in the 21st Century? Because she's been singing (not amazingly well, but I mean singing and not only screeching) during all the decades of the 60s, 70s, 80s and onward.

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2004, 08:23:43 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=15 date=1091430475]No less a judge than John Lennon said of DON'T WORRY KYOKO that it was the "best f***ing rock-n-roll record ever made".

That makes Yoko a genius, yes?

Um, have I reasoned that through properly?[/quote]

Just so everyone knows ... I had my tongue in my cheek!!

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2004, 10:17:55 PM »

Let's put it this way.  Her screaming performances decades ago effectively shut me off from ever needing to hear her again.

That said, I like her DF songs, and Walking on Thin Ice. 

I don't understand. This seems contradictory, so clear it up for me if I don't get you right --.. You say you were turned off by the screaming performances, and therefore felt you never needed to hear her again..... I get that ........ but yet you admit to liking her DOUBLE FANTASY tunes and 'Walking on Thin Ice', when you gave those a chance?  I would think that could mean there might be some hidden songs you might enjoy on some of the older albums, if you gave them a chance. Not that it's required, of course, but just a thought....

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2004, 03:53:06 AM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1091400277,s=35 date=1091485075]

I don't understand. This seems contradictory, so clear it up for me if I don't get you right --.. You say you were turned off by the screaming performances, and therefore felt you never needed to hear her again..... I get that ........ but yet you admit to liking her DOUBLE FANTASY tunes and 'Walking on Thin Ice', when you gave those a chance?

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2004, 04:10:24 AM »

Joe, I think comparing Paul and Linda to John and Yoko is kinda like comparing apples to oranges. Linda came from a lot of money she did'nt need Paul to finance her in anyway. Its true Yoko's family were wealthy but she had  been sort of "cut off" And to sound really superficial, Linda while homely still was not as homely as Yoko. So i think Paul got the better deal all the way around. Paul and Linda more typified a coulpe In love. It was always obvious all the time they loved each other, while John and Yoko in later years kind of left you not so sure about it. Just my opinion though.

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2004, 09:30:39 AM »

[Highjacking:] Each time I read the topic title, I always get the song "Let's talk about sex, baby/Let's talk about you and me..." stuck in my head. And that's very very scary.

*Ahem* Don't mind me, carry on ;) ...
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2004, 10:55:04 AM »

Seek help.

:)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 80 queries.