Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: was this the last filming?  (Read 4987 times)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
was this the last filming?
« on: April 13, 2008, 03:42:49 PM »

CZFD9mO-xXY

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
Re: was this the last filming?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:42:11 PM »

aww :-) that made me happy. And want to watch the anthologies.
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 07:48:51 PM »

such a down to earth sweet guy, would loved to have jammed with him,

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »

I honestly don't know, Marshall. It's a good contender, as the ATMP reissue was George's last public project before his death. It's possible some of the clips for the Brainwashed release, put together by Dhani and Jeff Lynne, might have some even later vids, as they include snippets of George messing around with those tunes.

Aw, sweet thought, FT.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »

Thanks for that!
It brought tears to my eyes.
Sometimes I just come over with such sadness knowing that George and John are gone.  
<br />

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 09:40:35 PM »

awwwwww....... its bitttersweeet i think. :)  :(
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »

But such is life, dying is part of life.   The important thing is to remember the ones who are gone.  And I believe that for many generations to come, long after they are all gone, people will always remember The Beatles.  
It's just so sad when such a admired person of the world passes.  
<br />

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 12:47:24 AM »

yes well he did not do so in vain. imagine if he had not been allowed in the beatles and was never recognized for his talents. that would have taken the 'sweet' out of bittersweet. i think he lived his life how he wanted to, with all the indian religious stuff, and became a very faithfilled person, who's maturity was far beyond his years.
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 08:29:12 AM »

Quote from: 1213
yes well he did not do so in vain. imagine if he had not been allowed in the beatles and was never recognized for his talents. that would have taken the 'sweet' out of bittersweet. i think he lived his life how he wanted to, with all the indian religious stuff, and became a very faithfilled person, who's maturity was far beyond his years.

Of course Patti tells the delightful story of how George was unfaithful, convinced he was some kind of Vishnu character and used that to sleep with the ladies. Very sexy sadie.
I'm not doing this to knock George, but to point out these were normal lads with way too much money and way too much spare time. They are as fallable, gullable, prone to stupidity and corruptable as the rest of us. Saints they were not.
don't follow leaders

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 09:42:17 AM »

What a lovely bit of film , i liked what he was saying about your body getting old but still feeling young inside , i can relate to that .
He had the best smile of all the Beatles and i loved the hat .

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 10:53:38 PM »

Quote from: 185

Of course Patti tells the delightful story of how George was unfaithful, convinced he was some kind of Vishnu character and used that to sleep with the ladies. Very sexy sadie.
I'm not doing this to knock George, but to point out these were normal lads with way too much money and way too much spare time. They are as fallable, gullable, prone to stupidity and corruptable as the rest of us. Saints they were not.

HEY!!! you're ruining my happy train of thoughts!!!

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 12:29:05 AM »

HAHAHHA!
Hey, if I had been married to George and he wanted to sleep with all kinds of woman, I would say...Go for it! Can I join? Just kidding  8)

But yes in that film when he talked about how 40 years can go by in a blink of an eye....The older you get the more true that seems.  

When you young you think you have all the time in the world and the next thing you know you turn around and wonder where did the time go?
<br />

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »

i wouldn't know. im still young. but i think that is great advice from him

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 12:49:19 AM »

I will be 26 on Saturday, so I guess that's still young.  But having been through alot in the last 10 years, I feel alot older.  I remember waiting and waiting to be 18 (you know, your parents say, when you turn 18 you can do whatever you want!). Then I couldn't wait to be 21 so that I can actually legally do all the fun stuff.   Now the years are flying by and I can only imagine they will go by faster and faster.  

Enjoy it while you can!
<br />

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 01:01:55 AM »

your not old yet..........but thats coming from a 17 year old

BlueMeanie

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2008, 11:42:36 AM »

Quote from: 1204
Now the years are flying by and I can only imagine they will go by faster and faster.  

Oh, they will, believe me!!

George always comes over as just a really nice bloke, and apparently unaffected by his fame. Though history tells us that he had the same faults as everyone else, some of the younger 'stars' of today would benefit from choosing him as a role model.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »

Quote from: 1204
HAHAHHA!
Hey, if I had been married to George and he wanted to sleep with all kinds of woman, I would say...Go for it! Can I join?
LOL! That's the spirit. We can all join his Vishnu harem together. ;)

He was sincere about his spiritual journey, but the boy did have a healthy libido!

Quote from: 483
George always comes over as just a really nice bloke, and apparently unaffected by his fame. Though history tells us that he had the same faults as everyone else, some of the younger 'stars' of today would benefit from choosing him as a role model.
I'm going to build a monument to this statement. *calls work crew*

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 05:09:14 PM »

I think that's why he is my favorite, cause he was always so quite and seemed to be the same no matter what was going on around him. Just living his life, singing his songs while these girls are screaming and wetting themselves to see him. He is one that I hope never got really cocky or had a inflated head.
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine

awc1967

• A Beginning
  • arrive without travelling
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 10:32:22 PM »

was he filmed recording horse to the water , maybe even talking about it?
btw, george recorded horse to the water a little bit over a month before he passed.
horse to the water was the very last song george worked on, just like grow old with me was the last song john worked on, with the exception of yoko's walking on thin ice.
in my opinion horse to the water should have been added to brainwashed, it would have fit so well on it.
 :)
I've got a feeling,I think that everybody knows

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »

I have a picture of George, just before he died. But somehow I've been reluctant to post it in here as it's rather bizarre.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 87 queries.