Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rolling Stones Rock N Roll Circus.  (Read 9225 times)

flux

• A Beginning
Re: Rolling Stones Rock N Roll Circus.
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2005, 04:23:49 AM »

I'm not sure The Beatles would have been very good at jamming. That was what was happening musically around the time Get Back was worked on. They could rehearse a song and play it as rehearesed. Listen to the number of takes of Get Back. They are all almost identical. They would have had to develop their 'chops' and John was not interested, as he said in rehearsing. George was too methodical and Ringo not much of a soloist. Paul could jam with the best of them. They were tight. Solo years shows this..Paul was the only one who had the confidence to play live.

jeanie

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2005, 01:11:47 AM »

I wanted to get this DVD only because John was in it, but my mum won't let me buy it cos she can't stand the Stones, especially Mick Jagger. I don't know what's her problem, she's not the one that's gonna be watching it. Poor me...

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 10:37:53 PM »

Quote from: flux
I'm not sure The Beatles would have been very good at jamming. That was what was happening musically around the time Get Back was worked on. They could rehearse a song and play it as rehearesed. Listen to the number of takes of Get Back. They are all almost identical. They would have had to develop their 'chops' and John was not interested, as he said in rehearsing. George was too methodical and Ringo not much of a soloist. Paul could jam with the best of them. They were tight. Solo years shows this..Paul was the only one who had the confidence to play live.

I have to agree. I have some different long versions of 12 Bar Original and it gets pretty tedious and so are some of the other jams on various boots, but I'd still love to get my hands on the 27 minute version of 'Helter Skelter' to see where that went, aside from the obvious blisters.

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2005, 02:21:20 AM »

Rolling Stones are a pretty awesome band but they will never been anywhere near as cool as The Beatles!
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2005, 10:05:40 AM »

^ true

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2005, 11:09:57 AM »

I remember reading about someone telling Clapton (I think) that he would find it very hard recording with The Beatles, because they had a very different technique than to the one he was used to. Whereas his bands would go into the studio and play a song over and over until they got it right (sometimes for days), the Beatles didn't.
In their defence isn't jamming a particularly bluesy thing, and doesn't really lend itself to pop or rock (unless you play endless 12 bars, which will kill the best of men.)
don't follow leaders

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2005, 05:34:13 PM »

Clapton was also asked to be the replacement in the Stones after Brian Jones died, but he wasn't interested in all the hoopla/weirdness that the Stones attracted. When George walked our initially, John said immediately to call Clapton.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 50 queries.