Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul McCartney Cites Ray Charles Among His Favorite Beatle Covers  (Read 1011 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Ultimate Classic Rock
September 26, 2011
Paul McCartney Cites Ray Charles Among His Favorite Beatle Covers

Paul McCartney has chosen R&B legend Ray Charles as among the artists doing his favorite covers of Beatles songs. “(Ray) did a good ‘Eleanor Rigby,’ McCartney declared during a recent interview.It seems McCartney’s flattered whenever anybody, of any level of musical popularity or skill, takes the time to cover his work: “People say ‘You must be cringing when you hear that watered-down, steam-organ version of ‘Good Day Sunshine’!’ but I love it, are you kidding? ” McCartney has been covered more than most artists, but soon that table will turn, as Sir Paul is deep into sessions for his next LP, which will find him covering a set of pop standards. Macca tells Rolling Stone he’s having a great time recording songs he used to sing as a child on New Years Eve’s, with his father on piano.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-favorite-beatles-covers/
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
Re: Paul McCartney Cites Ray Charles Among His Favorite Beatle Covers
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 04:41:36 AM »

Paul revealed this back in 1990.

Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder & Meryl Streep honor Paul McCartney - 1990 Grammys (1 of 2)

and
Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder & Meryl Streep honor Paul McCartney - 1990 Grammys (2 of 2)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:46:34 AM by Gary910 »
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Page created in 0.442 seconds with 44 queries.