Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Mark David Chapman: Rehabilitated or Not?  (Read 10017 times)

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Mark David Chapman: Rehabilitated or Not?
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2005, 09:59:14 AM »

Quote from: mclen57
Don't worry about it junior. You won't have to deal with me anymore. Sorry I wore out my welcome here people.

Mclen57,
Over and out

No welcome worn out with me bud. I have respect for anyone willing to serve their own country. You don't need taunting comments like that. Ignore them. JR. does not speak for all of us.

Roger that?
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2005, 10:33:33 AM »

Yeah - Stay, type and be merry :)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Wayne L.

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2005, 11:04:14 AM »

MDC is a scumbag who should be in jail permanently for killing John 25 years ago & anybody who doesn't think so is soft on crime.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2005, 12:36:26 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Mmm, you're great at getting people off the forums, jr.

Except me. Re: the thing I said about the guitar intro to Free As A Bird sounding like the guitar intro to Cry For A Shadow when I first joined. He asked me if the different tempos put me onto it. But it's just one song reminding me of another, that's all. But, I jumped to JR's defence when someone (who?) called JR not human just for saying he thinks rap isn't music! Of course, JR is human! Of course, rap is music! Not very good music...;D (here we go again, perhaps!). But, jumping to JR's defence, I hope I have shown that there IS a place for love and peace and consequently healing in this torn and hurt world..! Man! (And woman too; let's not get accused of being sexist here! ;D)
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2005, 01:14:41 PM »

It's interesting that I ask him for a case study (aside from his minister who killed his wife) , he calls me a Secularist Twit, goes on and on about pedophiles vs murderers, then he gets his feelings hurt, and once again, I'm the bad guy. I couldn't care less. If its any consolation to those rushing to his defense, he'll be back.

Bobber

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

Relax jr. I didn't say you're the bad guy. I said that there's some people who have left the place because of your remarks.

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2005, 01:21:53 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Mmm, you're great at getting people off the forums, jr.

Well, that's really not the plan. But if someone wants to go 15 rounds and downshifts into insulting me first, I'm equal to the task. I don't go looking for problems, this guy says some sh*t, I push back and now it's crying time. He will be comforted to know that he has alot of people in his corner, and again, he'll be back.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2005, 01:58:45 PM »

You really need to read that sequence of posts again. You have the knack of turning every disagreement into a bar-room brawl. mclen57 was being quite reasonable, trying to state his case.
Read yours of 9/11 15.23. It's dripping with aggression, you call his post "prepostorous and getting worse." By the way, what's a NIMBY? Worse than a TWIT?
I could dig out all the times you've called your fellow posters morons, or possuers (sp) idiots...all because we disagree on something. Why are you always having to make these posts, defending yourself? It doesn't happen to anyone else. If you can't handle people having opinions that differ from yours then maybe forums arent the place for you.
Which would be a shame, because you bring alot to this place. Just don't be so bl**dy angry all the time.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2005, 03:38:34 PM »

The guy is making a case for rehabilitating people who have murdered once, as if one isn't that many murder-wise And, just maybe, they only murdered once because they got caught, and he is comparing them, all categorically, to pedophiles that are habitual offenders which is probably true, but I thought the notion was/is ridiculous. A NIMBY is an acronym for Not In My BackYard. Alot of people think we need to beef up the number of prisons, or places where those who are physically/mentally compromised can work and feel productive--just don't put them here. 'Dripping with aggression' is a little extreme. And I didn't see any of you making a stink or coming to my defense after I said that I didn't like rap and was being called a c***, that I don't deserve to be alive, to shut the f*** up, etc. That seems to be dripping with a little more aggression than my response to someone who believes that since one murderer who was rehabilitated, most people who take a life can be. Try to keep the hyperbole to a minimum. Calling someone a c***, etc. is 'dripping with aggression' and 'wading with insults' a bit more than saying someone's idea is ridiculous. There were others that posted that seemed to agree with me, and I don't see you trying to set them straight. Judging by some of your posts, I wouldn't cast aspersions. Most of the rest of the regulars put Wayne L's feet to the fire because of his posts, but I guess that's okay. Who did I run out of town? Charlie? Boy, there's a loss. Indica for 5 minutes? He's the one who said I was a c*** in the first place. There seems to be a double standard here. And if Mr. Mclen wanted to take the high road, he could have PM'd me the message, but he did a good job of kicking up some sand on his way out.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2005, 03:50:15 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
And I didn't see any of you making a stink or coming to my defense after I said that I didn't like rap...

I've invented a new acronym - HSYF - How Soon You Forget!
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2005, 03:58:46 PM »

I suppose part of the whole problem is that people take positions, and they end up taking them so passionately that they end up pulling out a shovel, and digging a trench, and then sniping at each other. I mean, JR was right to me about my view regarding 'similarities' between the intros of Free As A Bird and Cry For A Shadow. I should have said that they remind me of each other. Well, I thought about dropping out at that time, but then thought; no, why should I do that? Just hold on like I do in life. And it was worth it! It's really good here!  :)

I mean, I backed down, reappraised, just thought I'd like to sell you all the peace thing, and just hope I'm not boring anyone too much with it. If someone's got a different angle, then why not just allow it if we can. Get some variety of approach!

PLANT FLOWER SEEDS IN THOSE TRENCHES AND FILL THE EARTH BACK IN! (flower)
All You Need Is LOVE!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2005, 04:05:50 PM »

I agree with your sentiments GreenApple. :)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2005, 04:11:01 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
I agree with your sentiments GreenApple. :)

I noticed before your fave Beatles era is psychedelic/Summer Of Love!  ;D
All You Need Is LOVE!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2005, 04:39:33 PM »

I'm fully on the peace side of things, but the 60's idealisms of flower power and stuff just can't work in this world. I'm not being pessimistic or 'blue' - I love that era, I really do. But, it's not my era. It's a generation that's gone. It's happened. It was tried, and ultimately faded. Sad, but - it's life.

I am only 19 ;)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2005, 04:54:59 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

Well, that's really not the plan. But if someone wants to go 15 rounds and downshifts into insulting me first, I'm equal to the task. I don't go looking for problems, this guy says some sh*t, I push back and now it's crying time. He will be comforted to know that he has alot of people in his corner, and again, he'll be back.

No way JR...Your going off on one again.

Some people may have blundered or were pushed into killing. Whether you like it or not. Ask a battered housewife who suddenly flips out. Is she not allowed to be rehabilitised for killing someone?....Someone abuses your kid...You punch em...they fall to the floor, bang their head and die. Your not allowed to be rehabilitated coz someone heard you say you were going to kill that guy before you went off and punched him?

All I could see was someone admitting playing devils advocate and you be-littled him spitefully. You then get upset coz we are apparantly fighting his corner and crying about it. I just said there was no need to go and that he could ignore you, as you could have ignored him.

No harm in that is there? C'mon JR, drop the stress levels a bit man. No-one is trying to gang up on no-one. Why does this have to turn into who's corner are you in?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2005, 04:57:42 PM »

Anyway, no-one jumps to your defence because you don't go and leave. lol

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2005, 05:16:51 PM »

I'm all for calling mclen57 back. Let's just all cool it! I'd jump to mclen57's defence just like I jumped to JF's. Even though JF made a sideways comment at me. I don't think I can send an email message to mclen57 with this library computer, but, if some of you people could send him one each - go on!  :)

(beer)
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2005, 05:20:54 PM »

He wasn't talking about a battered housewife or a child that had been abused, but this has gone far enough. If my posts are apparantly too caustic, I shall stick to my Bootleg forum, that way the Mclens of the world who think MDC can be reintroduced to society and the Rap fans who tell me to f*** off because my taste in music differs, won't be offended.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2005, 05:25:19 PM »

Quote from: IndicaWalrus
I'm fully on the peace side of things, but the 60's idealisms of flower power and stuff just can't work in this world. I'm not being pessimistic or 'blue' - I love that era, I really do. But, it's not my era. It's a generation that's gone. It's happened. It was tried, and ultimately faded. Sad, but - it's life.

I am only 19 ;)

It's not my era either! I was a toddler when they were calling for love and peace. But, to some extent, Lennon carried it forward a bit further than the other guys. I agree, it can't work. But, it's still a fine sentiment. There are people in the world who do noble things because of love of humanity. For example, doctors who work with Medecins Sans Frontiers, who study very hard for many years, then, after all that, go to work for peanuts in some poor part of the world helping the poor (who are ignored by the hypocritical politicians of the west talking about civilised and decent values which they purport to uphold.) And then, on top of that incredibly hard study (I know a medical student who has almost no spare time), even might risk life and limb in a danger zone!!! These are true heroes and heroines!!!  And, you know, if we can take any inspiration from them, it's just to be the best we can be as human beings and give whast we can afford to the kind of charities which support those true heroes and heroines.

I am only just middle-aged but fortunately look about 5 years younger!  ;)
All You Need Is LOVE!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2005, 05:25:42 PM »

I don't think anyone wants you to leave.
don't follow leaders
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.596 seconds with 81 queries.