Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Song Of The Week - Revolution 9  (Read 17458 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Song Of The Week - Revolution 9
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2016, 02:25:40 AM »

I "ALMOST" wish Revolution 9 was not released on the White Album!

;sorry , really I do wish they did not release it on the album!  It could have been a hidden gem, like "What's The New Mary Jane".

Yeah, but we needed something to play backwards.  For the "clues."   ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2016, 03:33:51 PM »

One of my books said that #9 is a long drawn out version of #!! I've never been able to hear it though!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2016, 07:22:54 PM »

One of my books said that #9 is a long drawn out version of #!! I've never been able to hear it though!

It's a long drawn out version of torture.  :o

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2016, 07:42:23 AM »

I think I first got the White Album in 1976/77. At about the same time I was reading the book about Manson, 'Helter Skelter'.  So Rev 9 always evokes this creepy vibe as the album and Manson were 'linked' in a tragic way

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2016, 10:10:32 PM »

I think I first got the White Album in 1976/77. At about the same time I was reading the book about Manson, 'Helter Skelter'.  So Rev 9 always evokes this creepy vibe as the album and Manson were 'linked' in a tragic way

Eeeuw; I know! As a very late Beatles fan, I didn't get into the White Album until about 1990, and I read Helter Skelter shortly thereafter. The book nearly ruined the album for me, especially after reading that one of Manson's favorite song is the beautiful (to me) "I Will."

KelMar

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2016, 02:25:57 AM »

Eeeuw; I know! As a very late Beatles fan, I didn't get into the White Album until about 1990, and I read Helter Skelter shortly thereafter. The book nearly ruined the album for me, especially after reading that one of Manson's favorite song is the beautiful (to me) "I Will."

I think I'm glad I never read that book, for a lot of reasons! I remember when that happened or else it was the trial. Whenever it was, I heard them talking about it on TV and it really frightened me.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »

I've taken to listening to some musique concrete at work. I find it makes for background music that doesn't distract me from things and acts as a sound barrier to people talking etc near my office.

One thing I'd have to say. As musique concrete, Revolution 9 actually holds up pretty well against other examples in the genre.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »

One thing I'd have to say. As musique concrete, Revolution 9 actually holds up pretty well against other examples in the genre.

Agree completely.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.401 seconds with 53 queries.