Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 14868 times)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »

wow I didn't realise it hasn't hit America!

I think I've just been assuming that it had

Especially with the last 2-parter being set in old New York!
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 08:56:18 AM »

sorry to drag Doctor Who back up again but I simply couldn't resist... because tonights episode sounds SO exciting!! I think I'm going to be out so will have to record it but I'm so thoroughly impressed by the standard of acting, production, script-writing etc. on this 2-parter! It's just such quality television (which we seem to lack)

<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 08:47:28 AM »

Excellent episode on Saturday (Blink). Best 50 minutes of TV I've seen in years. Spent most of Sunday trying to work the plot out. Fantastic TV
don't follow leaders

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 10:08:17 PM »

I liked the whole Saxon thing. Can't believe the season ends next week...

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 11:26:14 AM »

Blink - best episode by far!!! Amazing!

But... Saturday's was a bit of a disappointment - it builds to a sinister climax then turns into a cheap pop promo: "here come the drums, here come the drums"! It really spoiled the effect in my opinion.

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 08:20:22 AM »

Just one question, why does The Master make The Doctor old?

Last weeks was alright, I'm not really a fan of Russel T. Davies campy soap opera version of the show but on the odd occasion he writes a good story. This is one of them.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 11:15:05 AM »

Quote from: 724
Just one question, why does The Master make The Doctor old?

I think it's just to demonstrate the power of his laser screwdriver.

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 03:22:19 PM »

Ooohh great idea to have brought back the Master I reckon but I completely agree with 'The End' about the stupid and unecessary pop song section at the end- such a pity. Rather looking forward to the final episode though- it had better be a good'un!
<br />

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »

Quote from: 360

I think it's just to demonstrate the power of his laser screwdriver.

Did you know that the word "laser" is an acronym? Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation!

Quote from: 553
Ooohh great idea to have brought back the Master I reckon but I completely agree with 'The End' about the stupid and unecessary pop song section at the end- such a pity. Rather looking forward to the final episode though- it had better be a good'un!

I actually think it's a great track but it was completely out of place in that episode.

So... what in your opinion was the worst episode of the whole of the NEW Doctor Who series (including Christoper Ecclestone's Doctor)? I absolutely hated that episode with Peter Kay - ridiculous!!

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 07:45:11 PM »

So... what in your opinion was the worst episode of the whole of the NEW Doctor Who series (including Christoper Ecclestone's Doctor)? I absolutely hated that episode with Peter Kay - ridiculous!!

Well I am sad to say I have not seen the Christopher Eccleston ones! I foolishly didn't follow the series but hopefully will backtrack and watch them at some point! But in the David Tennant ones- the Peter Kay one was definately stupid (do you know who wrote that one? very weak episode) I also wasn't keen on that one where the kid draws pictures which come to life- definately not one of the best. I liked the olympic stuff though. But on the whole I thought that one was a bit dissapointing what do you reckon?

In contrast, 'Girl in the Fireplace' - that one with Madame de pompadour was absolutely fantastic! As with the 'Christmas Invasion' (the first Tennant one where people are brain-washed and climbing onto the top of tall buildings) and Doomsday (the final one with Rose) was teriffic!

<br />

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »

I think Russell T Davis wrote that episode with Peter Kay (not sure). It was embarrassing!

I thought that drawing one was a bit naff too! And you're right, those Battle Of Canary Wharf episodes were excellent. Even beter because I work at Canary Wharf!!!! Haven't seen a Dalek yet though! LOL!

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 09:18:11 PM »

Yes the Peter Kay one was awful and the ones with those silly green farting things in Downing Street (Sounds pretty true to life actually) were pretty poor. Steven Moffat writes the best episodes of the new series, oh and Mark Gatiss.

With the out of place music, well that's the production team trying to be pop-culture, doing the whole Scorsese/Tarantino thing. I hope that by the time Series 5 turns up that Gatiss is the producer, no offense to Russel he's revived the show and revived it well, but he's said himself that the show needs a new air to it.

Change is Doctor Who, and it never comes a moment too soon.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 10:43:16 AM »

Russell T Davis was responsible for the Slovine episodes as well wasn't he?

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2007, 06:38:12 PM »

Just watched the final episode! I was NOT expecting THAT to happen!!!!

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 08:59:34 AM »

Just watched the final episode! I was NOT expecting THAT to happen!!!!

SAME! wow clever though! Not as good as the last series finale with Rose I reckon but it was a good one. Glad Martha will be in it less- I find her pretty annoying really. I eagerly await the Christmas episode (the titanic!!?!)
<br />

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 09:02:07 AM »

What happened then? I was going to watch it but I thought I'd go and get wasted instead.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 11:22:25 AM »

Just in case there are some people who haven't yet seen the final episode I wont go into details but there is some info about the episode here: http://www.unitnews.co.uk/forum/general-doctor-who-discussion/

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 03:32:50 PM »

What happened then? I was going to watch it but I thought I'd go and get wasted instead.

ha I managed both by the miracle of the TV recorder

Thanks for the link The End- tres useful!  :)

<br />

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »

They didn't do something exceedingly camp like the 'brothers' thing did they?

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »

They didn't do something exceedingly camp like the 'brothers' thing did they?

what is the Brothers thing?
Well in VERY brief description, The Master aged the Doctor to be physically hundreds of years old (so he looked like a weird shrivelled dwarf thing) and had him imprisoned in a cage for a year. Before Martha escaped, the Doctor had told her to go all over the world telling the story of the Doctor and giving them hope- and telling them that at a very specific time a year later, they had to all use the power of their minds to think the word 'Doctor' all in unison. The Doctor had been spending his imprisoned year psychically tuning himself in to the Archangel network (created by the Master as a way to brainwash people into voting him into power basically) so Martha tricked someone cleverly to get her to be taken to the Master's place for the specific date and time that people had been instructed to think of the Doctor. Following a dramatic countdown, everyone thought 'Doctor' all over the world and he arose, radiating light and returned to his young physical form. He prevented Martha's Mum from shooting the Master and intended to keep the Master with him in the TARDIS in journeys to come, but then the Master's wife lady shot him. The Doctor pleaded the Master to re-generate but the Master refused to so it was all very emotional and the Doctor was crying and stuff- finally completely alone as the Master dies in his arms. Oh and then Martha decides not to stay with the Doc permanently but gives him a phone so she will blatently come back at some point so they said farewell. Oh yeh and Captain Jack IS IN FACT The Face Of Bo! So thats a nice twist

I really havent done the story justice- it was better than that so don't judge it on my apalling explanation!  :)
<br />
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 78 queries.