Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Is Let It Be maligned because of the breakup?  (Read 8550 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Is Let It Be maligned because of the breakup?
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2005, 05:36:49 AM »

Here's a site that says it was a take off of the song.

http://www.reasontorock.com/artists/rolling_stones.html

The info: Although I don't know the validity of it.
Album Title: Let It Bleed
Original Release Date: 1969

Rating: 5 Stars (Essential)

An essential companion piece to Beggar's Banquet. The title was a take-off from the Beatles song title,

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2005, 05:55:22 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Here's a site that says it was a take off of the song.

http://www.reasontorock.com/artists/rolling_stones.html

The info: Although I don't know the validity of it.
Album Title: Let It Bleed
Original Release Date: 1969

Rating: 5 Stars (Essential)

An essential companion piece to Beggar's Banquet. The title was a take-off from the Beatles song title,

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2005, 03:09:52 PM »

This is an alledged Keith Richards quote from http://www.timeisonourside>com/lpBleed.html
"(It didn't have) a thing (to do with LI.B) Just a coincidence because you're working along the same lines at the same time at the same age as a lot of other cats (Cats!!!) All trying to do the same thing basically, turn themselves and other people on. Let It Bleed was just one line in that song Mick wrote. It became the title...we just kicked a line out...We dug that song so...maybe there was some influence because Let It Be had been kicked around for years for their movie, for that album. Let it be something.Let it out. Let it loose."

Exhibit A.
don't follow leaders

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2005, 05:48:16 PM »

I like Let It Be, a lot. Then again, I'm one of these "new generation Beatles fans" who doesn't really know a thing, aren't I? ._.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2005, 05:54:41 PM »

Quote from: strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver
I like Let It Be, a lot. Then again, I'm one of these "new generation Beatles fans" who doesn't really know a thing, aren't I? ._.

I think the comments were about perceptions, not knowledge.
don't follow leaders

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2005, 01:22:28 PM »

Often we compare Lps that come out to past Lps that bands have done as a point of refference. Having said that I was looking for the next "BIG" song on Let It Be and it never showed up? Yes the "Let It Be" song is a great Beatle song and that set the standard for the rest of the Lp that on a hole fell short of what I thought it was going to sound like! Lets see now they gave us, "Sgt. Pepper", "Revolver" and yes even "Magical Mystery Tour" which included "I Am The Walrus" "Strawberry Fields" and "All You Need Is Love" prior to "Let It Be" and if you look at the quality of the songs on these Lps it's little wonder most fans believe they came up way short on Let It Be! It's got absolutley nothing to do with the break up.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2005, 12:04:01 PM »

MMT was a collection of songs from an EP padded out with previously unavaliable (on LP) singles and b sides for the Americam market. Don't know if its fair to LIB to compare the 2.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2005, 11:45:15 PM »

Why the people are so cruel with Let It Be, i'm don't understand, i ear people talking like is the worst Beatles album, don't forget in the conditions The Beatles work on this songs, and the recordings here were never intended to really be heard, and definitely never be sold off as the band's last studio album.
On my opinion LIB is under-appreciated gem in The Beatles discography, even Phill Spector can't ruin it.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2005, 04:52:50 AM »

but can you trust a dylan?

Tontini

• One And One Is Two
  • Love is all and love is everyone
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2005, 12:26:39 PM »

Let It Be is my least favourite Beatles albums. All the short songs, and the songs aren't that good. The solo on Let It Be in that version sucks, unlike the single one.
Oh dear
What can I do?
Baby's In Black and I'm feeling blue

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2005, 07:28:48 PM »

Quote from: Tontini
Let It Be is my least favourite Beatles albums. All the short songs, and the songs aren't that good. The solo on Let It Be in that version sucks, unlike the single one.

Really? I always thought that it was the superior solo out of the LIBN version and the Single version.  It always had more emotion and power, and always felt more moving to me.  

Wayne L.

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2005, 04:14:25 PM »

Quote from: flux
Let It Be was a mess. If they would have stayed in the studio and given the songs love, care and attention to detail... the album would be considered a classic. As it was, in the 'naked' rough state the songs were in, they were still great songs. Remember....they were rehearsing for a live gig. Go and grab tapes from any bands rehearsals and tell me if the songs are stellar. That's why they call it rehearsals.

I don't consider Let It Be to be a mess at all & is a classic in its own right with great music on it but it's highly underrated mainly because of the Beatles breakup.

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2005, 01:17:29 AM »

Most bands would give their collective left nut to be able to create an album like 'Let It Be'. Brilliant regardless of circumstance, even more brilliant considering the avalanche was in full force when the lot was recorded.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2005, 04:32:41 AM »

True, I don't think LIB is a BAD album -- I mean, my favorite Beatles song IS Let It Be.  But I don't think it's as impressive as Abbey Road, their very last recorded thing that is, to many people, their best album, despite the conflicts going on.  And you can't find many bands that can do that.

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2005, 07:10:10 AM »

Agreed, Let It Be is an awesome album, when listening to it i rarely skip any tracks except for I My Mine sometimes.
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2005, 12:32:56 AM »

Yes most bands would give their "Left-ones" to have recorded Let It Be! Unfortunatley we are talking about the "Beatles" and after giving us "Strawberry Fields" "I Am The Walrus" and the entire Sgt. Pepper Lp, "Let It Be " comes up a disappointing effort.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 02:29:15 AM »

Great album ... I like it a lot ... many classics on it ...

... it sounds updated (not talking about the Naked version) ... only Abbey Road and, partyalley, some of the tracks of the White Album sound more updated to me ... and the guys were playing live again! ... anyone who listens to it without prejudices (about band's history and moment) will notice it's greatness ...

... strange that they used to include 14 songs (and so wanted John for this one two - watch Anthology DVD No. 8 ) in their LPs and that, having enough stuff to make a double album, songs like All Things Must Pass, for example, were not on it ... with two or three of those songs this album could be considered among their best 3 LPs ... so I consider it, anyway ...

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2006, 06:18:39 PM »

great album..great wayne post
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 77 queries.