Other forums > Different Conversations

Ronald Reagan

<< < (2/9) > >>

Harlena McStarkney:
Ok I think we really need to stop discussing politics here, it's not the time nor the place to be broadcasting your political views.  Even though it's the "Different Conversations" section, still it's a Beatles forum, not a political forum!
For me, these forums used to be the one place I could come where there weren't any fights breaking out between Republicans and Democrats, etc...but NOW I can't even hardly look at a thread without seeing Wayne and Mister Charlie going at it about stupid politics!!!!!!!! (no offense to Wayne or Charlie--it's just that you two have been the most active political debators here)

strutter84:
Don't you ever compare Ronald Regan to Franklin Roosevelt EVER!!!!!  It's like comparing John Lennon with William Hung.  It's just not right.

Oh and Harlena, I understand your concern, but I like discussing politics with people who share my own interests.  I want to discuss all aspects of life with people who share the same interests as me.  That's why I'm here.  I don't post all that much on the Beatles threads because I'm here to discuss the world with Beatles fans.

Harlena McStarkney:
But with politics, it's hard to just DISCUSS, especially since everyone has pretty much conflicting views.  With politics you argue, and end up insulting other people for what they believe to be right.  And that's not good at all.
And I don't mean to pick on Charlie, but his posts about politics DO seem to be a tad too aggressive, especially towards Wayne.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Charlie and I think he is a cool and funny guy. :)  But when it comes to politics I think I'd rather him not talk about it here, unless he reforms a bit and makes his posts less hostile.

Beatle Ed:
Mature people can argue over a subject without  namecalling. For instance I had a pretty heated debate with someone, (can't remember who) about vegetarianism and abortion. But we let it go. Adults don't insult one another with petty name calling and posting. ahem. And. I think politics is a great way to go..

And for the record, I disagree with politics in general but I liked Regan.

Taxgirl:
Do you really have to quarell about a person whether he was good or bad, who already died??? Let him rest in peace. Argue doesn't change anything now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version