Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Song Of The Week - Mother Natures Son  (Read 5380 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Song Of The Week - Mother Natures Son
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2014, 10:52:24 PM »

About ten years ago I was on the top deck of a London bus and in the seats up front was a mother and her son, who I took to have learning difficulties in some way (I'm trying to be sensitive but the term would once have been handicapped) and, whad'yer know, he suddenly started singing the whole of 'Mother Nature's Son'......word perfect!

Not 'She Loves You', not a current song, but 'Mother Nature's Son', a track almost buried on a 35 year old double album!

Two things occurred to me:

1. On the bus, and probably within quite a large radius of the bus, we were probably the only two people who could have done this

I bet a bunch in a large radius could have, unless it was all tourists

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 07:50:37 AM »

Do you? The radius would have to be quite large.
In 2014 the average Joe's grasp on pop music, let alone The Beatles 50 years ago, is dire.

If you don't believe me watch an episode of 'Pointless'.
One of Richard Osman's stock moves is to look directly to camera and say 'People don't know much about pop music', normally after someone has offered 'The Birdy Song' as a Sex Pistols' 45 or 'Abbey Road' as a Stones' LP.
Seriously, it's routinely the worst answered subject.

Maybe we should put it to the test.....stand on a street corner and ask the first hundred people to sing 'Mother Nature's Son'.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 10:48:32 PM »

I like the song enough. It's a nice, gentle song done at the beginning of a movement that was moved forward by John Denver and such. The only thing I have negative about it is that White Album solo Paul thing, whoever is at fault. That puts a little damper on it for me. Same with WDWDIITR, Honey Pie and a couple of others. No biggie though. I usually skip it but I think it's a nice song.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 10:57:05 PM »

I love this song. It always makes me think of brother because it's one he often played on his guitar and also because he loved the outdoors. When I rediscovered the White Album as an adult this was one of the songs that I couldn't wait to hear at the end of the day.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 05:52:39 AM »

I have always thought this song was a friendly little Donovan pastiche.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 45 queries.