Solo forums > George Harrison

George Harrison

(1/4) > >>

Wayne L.:
I think George Harrison released in 79 is a great album by George despite being mostly mediocre even though it's much better than his previous album 33 1/3 because he seemed to know where he was as an artist & as a former Beatle unlike his former bandmate Paul at the time with Back To The Egg while GH has some great tracks on it like Not Guilty, Faster, Here Comes The Moon & Blow Away which is an underrated solo classic with a great music video as well but George Harrison is a great solo album in its own right if you're not expecting too much.

:
I love a lot of George Harrison's solo songs. His music is beautiful.  My favourites are, Give Me Love, If Not For You, Beautiful Girl, All Things Must Pass, Isn't It A Pity, All Those Years Ago, My Sweet Lord.

tkitna:
There goes Wayne bashing "Back to the Egg" again. Thank goodness I have my ritalin drip working overtime, and by the way,,,,,"Back to the Egg" was better than Georges self titled record.

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=harrison,m=1081960616,s=0 date=1081960616]I think George Harrison released in 79 is a great album by George despite being mostly mediocre[/quote]

::) Another classic from Wayne!

Beatle Ed:
[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=harrison,m=1081960616,s=0 date=1081960616]

great album by George despite being mostly mediocre

if you're not expecting too much. [/quote]

YOUCH! I'd perhaps agree with the statement that his lyrical contributions weren't/aren't  quite Lennon/McCartney Material. But You can tell George has always been a deep thinker.

Maybe he overthought some of his songs a bit. But I think he's great. I love love "If not for you" And even "Got my mind set on you" and Who doesn't love "My sweet lord"

I mean of course he's not all "Silly Love songs" But he's George. If you didn't compare him to McLennon Standards he's fabulous.

pc31:
look over there wayne.....the light

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version