Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 9/11 anniversary again  (Read 9626 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Re: 9/11 anniversary again
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2021, 11:26:55 PM »

If you are interested in learning more about the Lusitania, check out Eric Sauder's books and TV interviews.

You bet.  I will definitely follow up on your suggestion.  Thanks again.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2022, 06:03:40 AM »

This is not to forget the passengers on American Airlines Flight 77, which slammed into the Pentagon, or the brave passengers on United Flight 93. If the latter had destroyed the U.S. Capitol, or the White House, which I used to drive by every day,  then my ex and many close friends likely would have perished that day, so I feel particularly indebted to those brave men and women.

Such a horrible, horrible day. I will never, ever forget it. Life has never been the same since. I know atrocities have been played out across the globe, but for me this was a horrifying wake-up call.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2022, 12:27:36 AM »

It's been raining all day here to match the somber mood I'm in thinking of what happened 21 years ago.

The Tribute in Light won't be visible so I'm posting this picture I took with my cell phone on 9-11-15 as I was driving home from the medical center in Manhattan where I'm on staff.  I was on The New Jersey Turnpike...

I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2022, 01:31:01 AM »

Nice photo, Barry.

I've been saddened to see that, on many news sites with articles noting the anniversary of 9/11, the reader comments have mostly been hate-filled attacks on various politicians and political groups. The divisions and vitriol are worse than they've ever been, or so it seems to me. The States is such an unhappy country right now. Or perhaps broken is a better word.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2022, 02:37:22 AM »

Divisions and vitriol should be put aside on this day to remember all the lives lost that day.  And those lives lost from resultant diseases contracted to this present day.

I was scheduled to be at Columbia-Presbyterian on Wednesday morning September 12, 2001.  New York City was locked down and only hospital personnel were permitted in.  I showed my hospital ID badge to the US Army soldiers stationed at the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge and was allowed to cross into Manhattan. 

I can stay till it's time to go
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 46 queries.