Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dissolved Business Question  (Read 550 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Dissolved Business Question
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »

Jimmy had a music company, J.M. Music Limited that was dissolved in May of 1987 and I sent an email to the Music Company House asking them if there was anymore information about his company and I received this email back from them.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your email.

company number:01131615
company name:J.M. MUSIC LIMITED

KNIGHTWAY HOUSE
20 SOHO SQUARE
LONDON W1

I have checked our records and the company was dissolved form our records on 18/05/1987.  Therefore, you can order a Microfiche of the information the company filed up to the date it was dissolved.  The charge for this information is £9 for a microfiche delivered by post.
If you wish to pay using a credit/debit card, you will need to call our Contact Centre on 0303 1234 500, as we are unable to carry out searches where payment is by credit/debit card via email. Requests placed before 4pm will be posted, faxed or e-mailed on the same day.

If you would prefer, payment can be made by cheque (made payable to Companies House). You will need to post this to Companies House, Crown Way, Cardiff, CF14 3UZ. Also you would need to include a cover letter to advise what documents are required, and the method of delivery.

I am not familiar at all with this type of stuff so I'm not really sure about what the documents would be and all that. Should I just require everything? What type of documents are included?

Pilzkopf

• A Beginning
Re: Dissolved Business Question
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 02:54:53 PM »

I'm not sure what Companies House is, but it sounds like a place that all companies have to register with when they set themselves up. But I would think the information they hold is probably minimal. Date of registration, date of dissolution, that might be all they have. I doubt they'd hold any records of transactions, or any internal company business, but I could be wrong. I think the only thing to do is give them a ring at the number given. Also, if you want what they've got, you'll have to pay by cheque, since they won't do it with credit cards. But if you aren't in the UK, that's a problem, because you can't write one in your own currency. It might have to be an international money order. So  don't forget to ask about that.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 06:00:03 PM »

I'm in the States and I emailed them about that and just got a message back from them saying they'd accept a check made out in dollars so that's good for me.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:32:36 AM »

well at least you are having better luck with jimmy than i had with tony....

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »

Quote from: 284
well at least you are having better luck with jimmy than i had with tony....

What's the story there?

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 43 queries.