Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Remasters!  (Read 64422 times)

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
Re: Remasters!
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 02:12:54 AM »

So are these remasters going to be released only online or are we going to see some sort of beautiful shiny packaging haha. I've held off on buying a digital collection for a while (my vinyl copies have served me well) but if they release all these albums in a box set or with special featurettes and footage and booklets they'd have me sold... again
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

Bobber

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 08:41:44 AM »

As far as I can see, these remastered songs will ONLY be available online. I haven't read anything about releasing it on cd or dvd.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 11:33:48 AM »

Quote from: 597
So are these remasters going to be released only online or are we going to see some sort of beautiful shiny packaging haha. I've held off on buying a digital collection for a while (my vinyl copies have served me well) but if they release all these albums in a box set or with special featurettes and footage and booklets they'd have me sold... again

If they release it as a box set - well worth getting. Better raid your bank account though. OK, guess the price? Say, 130 GBP?
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »

Quote from: 63
As far as I can see, these remastered songs will ONLY be available online. I haven't read anything about releasing it on cd or dvd.

Maybe they'll re-invent Beatlemania via the net first, then later release the albums after interest's been whipped up.
All You Need Is LOVE!

Bobber

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:44 AM »

And still, we'll have to wait and see how it goes. For example: will the songs become available individually? If you want to d/load a random Radiohead song, you have to d/load the whole album and buy it of course, to get the song you want. Apple might do such a thing with the Beatles catalogue.  

nousha

• A Beginning
  • Fairy witch
    • My Poetry
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 01:32:16 PM »

Ok, here we go - waiting. When they are released, I hope a good person is going to write in this thread. And I promise to write if I see them somewhere illegaly  :B Just for information purposes, of course  ::)
On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux   My blogspace

Bobber

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 01:38:45 PM »

Quote from: 552
Ok, here we go - waiting. When they are released, I hope a good person is going to write in this thread. And I promise to write if I see them somewhere illegaly  :B Just for information purposes, of course  ::)

Apple Corps spokeswoman Elizabeth Freund confirms that discussions are under way to make Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road and the rest of the Fabs' recordings available for download.

When will Apple Corps finally pull the trigger?

"We don't have a release date,'' she says.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »

They won't give out a date until a couple of weeks before it happens. Apple rarely do. And I'm betting that the CD's will follow a couple of months later, once they've had a few tracks in the charts and gained maximum (free) publicity from it. There'd really be no reason not to release them.

Bobber

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »

Quote from: 483
There'd really be no reason not to release them.

You can say that on behalf of a lot of Beatles stuff...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 02:31:05 PM »

You can say that on behalf of a lot of Beatles stuff...

Once they've re-issued them as downloads, what would be the point of delaying it? Give it a few months so that Apple get their pound of flesh, and as I said, a lot of Free publicity in the charts. Some people who buy a few downloads may want to get the 'real thing'.

Bobber

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »

For people in their teens and twenties, a mp3 IS the real thing.

Bungalow Bill

• A Beginning
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2007, 07:16:54 PM »

Quote from: 483

Once they've re-issued them as downloads, what would be the point of delaying it? Give it a few months so that Apple get their pound of flesh, and as I said, a lot of Free publicity in the charts. Some people who buy a few downloads may want to get the 'real thing'.

And if they sweeten the pot with some interviews, footage, a breakdown of tracks (like the Pet Sounds 40th anniversary release) They could sell even more... get MP3 sales and not everyone will buy all the songs at once... and then release all the albums 3 or 4 months down the road in a REALLY nice box set well then they've sold the same thing twice...
<br /><br />The All Knower of 1 Second Song Clips

Katrina

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »

For people in their teens and twenties, a mp3 IS the real thing.

erm..... I'm in my twenties and I do want CD's instead of downloads. I do have a mp3 and I love it, but still...download is a download, not a CD...(I actually don't even download anything...)
Argh! Why can't they just tell us something, give us some hope that we will get something! Like a boxset!

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 11:51:11 AM »

No the remasters will definately be released as CD's. Aspinal mentioned this about a year ago (I dont have the source to hand but I'll look) because I distinctly remember him saying that the CDS will be released once a deal on online sale has been established and he also mentioned that albums will possibly have bonus tracks and certainly have improved packaging.

The thing with itunes is that the downloads are only available at 128kps. For me this is not good enough sound quality.

I also have hunch that when these are available for download, Apple will launch a special Beatles edition Ipod.(no news on this Im just guessing)

I'll try and find the article

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 10:19:06 PM »

A good way of remastering all the fabs catalouge i think is
presenting all albums in both stereo & mono mixes and another disc of
alt takes, demos etc of a particular album.
like the way the capitol albums were re-issued.
May cost a fortune though but i always thought that would be cool!!

for example:
disc 1: please please me (mono & stereo mixes)
disc 2: alternative Please Please Me (takes, demos etc)
(with a nice little booklet about the album)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 11:44:53 PM »

I hate mp3s! it is a ripoff to pay for just a file! i would like  some album iartwork!!!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2007, 08:47:24 AM »

Quote from: 614
for example:

Whilst most of their albums would fit that way, you'd have a serious problem with the White Album. Would the majority of the public be prepared to pay for 4 cd's? And that's without outakes.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 11:04:14 AM »

Quote from: 614
May cost a fortune though but i always thought that would be cool!!
for example:

I think they have to do a fine balancing act between cost and content. While your package would please folk like us who would be prepared to part with the spondoolies, it might alienate a big chunk of first time buyers, who don't want to hear outtakes.
I bought Love's Forever Changes, and the cd is ruined by the inclusion of loads of alternatives, so it's impossible for a first time listener like myself to get a feel for what the album was really like. And it was an impulse buy, and I certainly wouldn't have paid over the odds for an extra alternate cd.
And while I'm gripping, cd booklets are fine if your under 25 with 20/20 vision. Old f*ckers like me go nearly blind trying to read them. I HATE CD'S. AND HANDSFREE MOBILES (you can't spot the nutters at bus stops anymore).
I curse Gerard Philips, he was such a stupid git.

don't follow leaders

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 11:13:22 AM »

Just found out that Gerard Philips - founder of Philips Electronics - pioneers of the cd - was Karl Marx's cousin. Coincidence? Beware. The roots run deep.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 11:57:19 AM »

Quote from: 185

I think they have to do a fine balancing act between cost and content. While your package would please folk like us who would be prepared to part with the spondoolies, it might alienate a big chunk of first time buyers, who don't want to hear outtakes.
I bought Love's Forever Changes, and the cd is ruined by the inclusion of loads of alternatives, so it's impossible for a first time listener like myself to get a feel for what the album was really like. And it was an impulse buy, and I certainly wouldn't have paid over the odds for an extra alternate cd.
And while I'm gripping, cd booklets are fine if your under 25 with 20/20 vision. Old f*ckers like me go nearly blind trying to read them. I HATE CD'S. AND HANDSFREE MOBILES (you can't spot the nutters at bus stops anymore).
I curse Gerard Philips, he was such a stupid git.

They could produce two versions. Been done before. I'd love to see boxed sets like the Living In The Material World one.

I bought Forever Changes also. Don't know much about Love, and it's one of those 'classic' albums that you think you have to have. Pretty good too, but yep, trashed by the extras. I hate extra stuff, either put it on another cd or leave it off. If it wasn't good enough in the first place then it's not now!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 83 queries.