Solo forums > Ringo Starr

How hard was Paul on Ringo?

(1/6) > >>

Normandie:

I hope I'm not creating a duplicate thread. . . I'm trying to catch up on what I missed and don't have time at the moment to search all of the Ringo topics and Paul topics.

As I posted awhile back, my friends got me a housewarming gift of a framed copy of the March 21, 1964 issue of The Saturday Evening Post, which had a cover story on the Beatles authored by rock journalist Arthur G. Aronowitz. A quick online search seems to indicate he has a pretty solid reputation.

I was surprised to read the following excerpt: "When [the Beatles] disagree on anything, Ringo is the last to get his way. 'You'd be nowhere, Paul McCartney says to him, 'if it weren't for the rest of us."

This seems awfully harsh. Was Paul really this derisive toward Ringo? 

Here's the link to the article, not sure it will work; the SEP apparently has a paywall up. https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/reprints/yeah_yeah_yeah_3_21_64/

nimrod:
No the link didnt work, they want money  ha2ha

Hello Goodbye:
Yeah, they want money.

But you can read the article with pictures for free here:  Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Music`s Gold Bugs: The Beatles

Moogmodule:
Apparently when Ringo left during the white album sessions his words to Maureen were “F***ing Paul”

tkitna:
Pauls an a**hole sometimes for sure.  They all were at times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version