Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beatles Autographed Postcard - Is this real or fake?!?!  (Read 26244 times)

mantanz

• One And One Is Two
Beatles Autographed Postcard - Is this real or fake?!?!
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »

Hi guys and gals,

I have a Beatles photo signed by the band, but I am unsure as to whether it's genuine or not. I can't find the same item on the web, so I'm guessing if it is a print, it's a pretty rare one, though the signatures look like they were signed with a real pen.

What also makes me think it MAY be real is the message on the back "With best wishes from Louise Harrison". Perhaps she had it signed for someone... or maybe it IS a print that she got from the guys for a friend? I have no idea and can't find anyone to help me authenticate it... so HOPEFULLY someone here will be able to shed some light on this.

Here are images of the front and back:

Hope you can  2ch!!!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Beatles Autographed Postcard - Is this real or fake?!?!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 08:13:59 AM »

The autographs of the Beatles themselves look like fake to me. Louise's writing on the back looks genuine however.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »

real is maybe only  Misses Harrison Autograph the Beatles are Fake Autograph

mantanz

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:28:15 AM »

Great, thanks guys! Now I know!

Haha, I had been looking under the wrong thing in Google. I typed in Beatles Autograph, rather than "signed Beatles" and various other things I tried (amazing how I missed the most simple one!) and there were several pics of my postcard. LOL.

So this would probably have been a big run print, yeah?

Cheers!!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:32:03 AM by mantanz »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »

Welcome to the Forum, mantanz!  I know you'll enjoy it here.

To go a step further, you'll remember Paul's grandfather signing publicity photos in A Hard Day's Night.  That wasn't far from the truth!  There were many photos signed by secretaries and distributed for public relations purposes early in The Beatles' career.  Three of my cousins visiting Great Britain in 1964 were given such publicity photos at that time.  In the interim, they've found out that The Beatles did not sign their photos.  Some were pretty good replica signatures though.
I can stay till it's time to go

mantanz

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 01:03:56 PM »

Hehe, I'm WAY too young to remember that! lol. I was given that postcard as a kid (in the 80s). The woman who gave it to me said she'd got it from a friend in England (who I assume Louise gave it to). Unfortunately I can't find out much more as have no idea where she is now...

And I hate to say it... I'm not actually a Beatles fan... GASP! I don't dislike them, I just haven't heard too much of their stuff but I'm thinking I ought to start broadening my musical tastes now that I'm closing in on 40!!!!

Any albums you'd recommend to a noob?

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »

And I hate to say it... I'm not actually a Beatles fan... GASP! I don't dislike them, I just haven't heard too much of their stuff but I'm thinking I ought to start broadening my musical tastes now that I'm closing in on 40!!!!

Any albums you'd recommend to a noob?

It's never too late. I'd say A Hard Day's Night for the early stuff, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers and Abbey Road. But in fact all albums are essential. I guess you wouldn't expect another answer from a diehard fan, would you? ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 04:39:24 AM »

It's never too late. I'd say A Hard Day's Night for the early stuff, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers and Abbey Road. But in fact all albums are essential. I guess you wouldn't expect another answer from a diehard fan, would you? ;D

Right!  Get the Box Set, mantanz.

mantanz

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 04:24:03 AM »

Haha, so.... ALL OF IT?!?!?! LOL. I had to sing Helter Skelter on TV once on a kid's show... was very embarrassing...

KelMar

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 04:30:59 AM »

I had to sing Helter Skelter on TV once on a kid's show... was very embarrassing...

Now that sounds like an interesting story!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

I had to sing Helter Skelter on TV once on a kid's show... was very embarrassing...

Ah, but if you sang it this way things would have been different...

The Beatles Helter Skelter Anthology version

mantanz

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »

Ah, but if you sang it this way things would have been different...

The Beatles Helter Skelter Anthology version

LOL!!! I did think about that!!!

LOL again, I just realised... it wasn't Helter Skelter, it was Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!!! HAHA! Shows how much I know (or possibly that my memory is failing me)!

Either way, I sang it on national TV and I can assure you, I ain't no singer! HAHAHA.

KelMar

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 02:26:20 AM »

LOL again, I just realised... it wasn't Helter Skelter, it was Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!!! HAHA! Shows how much I know (or possibly that my memory is failing me)!

ha2ha Now that makes more sense! I kept trying to imagine kids singing Helter Skelter on TV. I'm sure this was very cute.

lordmuckofmacc

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 06:02:51 AM »

Hi,

I had an IDENTICAL photo, so I guess that they cannot be hand-written autographs, and must be mass-produced. It was given to my Mum and Dad in the early 1960's by Paul McCartney's auntie, who they used to see in Eric's Club in Claughton, Birkenhead.

However, I found another identical one on a South African auction website which sold for £800, so I listed mine on Ebay and I got £600! I got lots of messages saying that it was mass-produced (which is what I said in my listing) and worthless, but I guessed that things get more collectable when they have nearly all disappeared.

Luckily, I also kept most of my 60s and 70s vinyl, and some of those LPs and singles fetched between £30 - £150 on Ebay.

So, good luck with your own Beatles photo!

Neil.

cantabman1

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 12:56:25 AM »

I also have just collected this postcard from a garage sale last week for the brilliant cost of $5.00 NZ and if the last post is correct stand to make plenty  on a resale, if they are indeed selling from between 600- 800 pounds, which is what i intend to do.
I emailed Frank C in the States last week to find out about the postcard, but he is not authenticating at present.

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 12:16:29 PM »

Not really related, but I came across some pictures from the same photoshoot - obviously taken in Paris in early '64 ...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:21:42 PM by peterbell1 »

cantabman1

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 09:34:56 AM »

Wow! these must have been  part of a series taken that day as they are standing in different postions.

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »

The card shown in the original post is obviously professionally produced as you can see that the background has been erased to just leave the Beatles in the picture. It is strange, though, that there is no text on the reverse side of the card - if it was an EMI/Parlophone or Beatles Fanclub promo card you would expect that to be written somewhere, and if it was sold as a postcard then you'd expect the usual stuff you get on the back of a postcard - a place for the address and postage stamp etc.
So I wonder if it is an unofficial product which was made available to fans during the 1964 tours of Asia and the US?

Cantabman1 - can you post a picture of your own card so we can compare them?

cantabman1

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »

I have already tried to post a pic, and after reducing its size the site will still not except it.
My postcard was sent within New Zealand and has a stamp on it with a small letter, but not from The Beatles.The picture is exactly the same as the first one on this thread.

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »

I have already tried to post a pic, and after reducing its size the site will still not except it.
My postcard was sent within New Zealand and has a stamp on it with a small letter, but not from The Beatles.The picture is exactly the same as the first one on this thread.

Tutorial on how to post pictures here: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=7946.0

Having just 3 posts it is not possibly to post pictures as an attachment.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.634 seconds with 78 queries.