Solo forums > John Lennon

Yoko and Imagine

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on June 17, 2017, 01:15:56 AM ---If Linda could get credit with Paul for a lot of his early solo stuff doesn't seem any reason why Yoko can't get credit in Johns. Mind you if they hadn't provided quotes from John I'd have been suspicious it was revisionism by Yoko. Interesting that John didn't take action at the time of the interview.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly. Somehow her credits were still neglected while John was alive. Not that it matters: she gets the money anyway.

real01:

--- Quote from: nimrod on June 17, 2017, 01:09:05 PM ---In the Philip Norman book on John it states that Yoko also co-wrote Give Peace A Chance,  but the credit was shared with  Paul

--- End quote ---
Now that's interesting. 8)
Strange things happen when you are a Beatle...

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: real01 on July 25, 2017, 04:13:33 PM ---Now that's interesting. 8)
Strange things happen when you are a Beatle...

--- End quote ---

Supposedly John gave Paul credit as a thank you for his work on Ballad of John and Yoko. Although it's just as likely it was necessary due to their contractual obligations and easier to put paul on the credits than to tussle with the lawyers.

Bingo Bongo:

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on June 17, 2017, 01:15:56 AM ---If Linda could get credit with Paul for a lot of his early solo stuff doesn't seem any reason why Yoko can't get credit in Johns. Mind you if they hadn't provided quotes from John I'd have been suspicious it was revisionism by Yoko. Interesting that John didn't take action at the time of the interview.

--- End quote ---
It's not like she lost out on some of the royalties.  She got it all.......  ;D

nimrod:
Yoko (im no fan of her) probably deserves some sort of medal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version