Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: got to get you into my life 2 endings....  (Read 4559 times)

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
got to get you into my life 2 endings....
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »

just youtubed the mono version and i was shocked to hear paul's vocals change in the song's fade out . .
-
i had always heard the stereo version and the way he sings 'evRRY SINgle DAYY' as the song fades was etched into my memory - and one of my favorite moments
-
if you fast foward to about 2:20 you can hear the different vocals (you have to crank it up to hear the stereo one) ....
which are you accustomed to?
which do you prefer?
THE BEATLES Remasters! /// 13. Got To Get You Into My Life - (REVOLVER) - (MONO Remastered 2009)

The Beatles- 13- Got to Get You Into My Life (Stereo Remastered 2009)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: got to get you into my life 2 endings....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 04:39:16 AM »

It looks like they snuck in 10 seconds worth of "clues" in the MONO version.  ;)

Actually, nyfan, I've heard the MONO version more often than the STEREO as I originally purchased the MONO vinyl LP when it was first released.  I didn't buy the STEREO CD until ~1990 and was disappointed that the song was truncated by 10 seconds.  I've always preferred the MONO version and its fade-out and so these days I listen to the MONO Revolver in my Remastered Box Set.
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 05:41:23 AM »

...and talk about "clues," just listen to the MONO Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise.  See if you can catch what Paul is shouting just before the fade into A Day In The Life...

THE BEATLES Remasters! /// 12. Sgt. Pepper's... (Reprise) - (SPLHCB) - (MONO Remastered 2009)

;D

Paul's shouting is not as clear in the STEREO version...

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)- The Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band)

There are other differences as well.  I've always preferred the MONO versions of Revolver and Sgt Pepper.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:52:00 PM by Hello Goodbye »

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

:o
this is melting my mind. never heard that
as far as what paul is shouting - he sounds completely out of his mind on (censored). get that man a glass of water !!!!!

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:33:32 PM »

So why are there two different vocals?

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:58:06 PM »

i'll give those a listen, never heard the british got to get you into my life ending before. it's different and i kind of like it.  ;D
day tripper yeah

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 11:40:36 PM »

:o
this is melting my mind. never heard that
as far as what paul is shouting - he sounds completely out of his mind on (censored). get that man a glass of water !!!!!

OK.  What do you hear now? 

http://www.jojoplace.org/Shoebox/YAReprise.mp3

Channel separation in this mp3 makes Paul's shouting a bit more intelligible.

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 01:15:29 AM »

i hear
"i dont want to be scary... really really good.... something something .. greatest band .. something....take it to the something"

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 01:36:53 AM »

I'm curious to know what others hear.

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 01:38:30 AM »

is there a correct answser you're not revealing??

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 01:42:30 AM »

I think only Paul knows what he was shouting about.

Oh, and here are the vocals without all the shouting...

The Beatles - Sgt. PepperĀ“s [Reprise] (Vocals)

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 01:50:09 AM »

I think only Paul knows
-
see, that's where i disagree with you
-
i think paul has NO memory of that day whatsoever  ha2ha  ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 01:51:30 AM »

;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 05:14:33 AM »

So why are there two different vocals?

I'm not sure, peterbell1.  Sometimes they are just different mixes.  One thing I know for sure is that Capitol Records sometimes messed up some really great UK tracks when they remixed them for United States release.  But I remain fond of the two "false starts" Capitol left in at the beginning of I'm Looking Through You.  When I play it on guitar, I throw those in, a bit like a count-in...

Beatles - I'm Looking Through You (False Start) - From U.S. Version of Rubber Soul

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 12:44:49 PM »

I'm not sure, peterbell1.  Sometimes they are just different mixes.  One thing I know for sure is that Capitol Records sometimes messed up some really great UK tracks when they remixed them for United States release.  But I remain fond of the two "false starts" Capitol left in at the beginning of I'm Looking Through You.  When I play it on guitar, I throw those in, a bit like a count-in...

Beatles - I'm Looking Through You (False Start) - From U.S. Version of Rubber Soul

Got To Get You Into My Life has two separate McCartney vocals on the master tape, so that the vocal is double-tracked. You can hear the vocals go out of synch a few times during the song if you listen closely.
I would assume that in the mono mix the vocal which contains the loud "Every Single Day" bit is taken down in the mix, leaving the other one by itself. Right towards the end of that mono mix you can hear that there are two separate vocals going again, so the vocal track that had been mixed down has now been turned up again.

As for I'm Looking Through You, it was only a few years ago that I heard of that US mix and listened to it for the first time. Being from the UK, I never knew it existed! It's unbelievable that someone at Capitol heard that master tape and didn't query it before pressing the LP - a quick phone call to EMI in London would have told them that they needed to remove the false starts. I'm glad it did slip through the net though - a few extra seconds of Beatles music for us to enjoy!!  ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »

Got To Get You Into My Life has two separate McCartney vocals on the master tape, so that the vocal is double-tracked. You can hear the vocals go out of synch a few times during the song if you listen closely.
I would assume that in the mono mix the vocal which contains the loud "Every Single Day" bit is taken down in the mix, leaving the other one by itself. Right towards the end of that mono mix you can hear that there are two separate vocals going again, so the vocal track that had been mixed down has now been turned up again.

As for I'm Looking Through You, it was only a few years ago that I heard of that US mix and listened to it for the first time. Being from the UK, I never knew it existed! It's unbelievable that someone at Capitol heard that master tape and didn't query it before pressing the LP - a quick phone call to EMI in London would have told them that they needed to remove the false starts. I'm glad it did slip through the net though - a few extra seconds of Beatles music for us to enjoy!!  ;D

I was so happy that this version of Got To Get You Into My Life was released on Anthology...

Got To Get You Into My Life // Anthology 2 // Disc 1 // Track 18 (MONO)

It's very ethereal.  They could have worked it into a release.

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 12:11:31 AM »

i love that version too hello goodbye !
-
it's really telling that they would eschew those amazing background harmony vocals in the final version
-
for any other group those harmonies would be a crowning achievement - but for the beatles it was just one of many aesthetic possibilities that didn't pan out
-
. . . the final version is super-soul   !
-
-
as for the anthology version . . . a real glimpse into the genius of paul - - > but when john hits that silly voice on the fade out he takes, slices and serves the cake in one moments fell swoop  ;yes

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 07:05:01 AM »

for any other group those harmonies would be a crowning achievement - but for the beatles it was just one of many aesthetic possibilities that didn't pan out

Well put, nyfan.

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 80 queries.