Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Exhibit  (Read 1026 times)

KelMar

Beatles Exhibit
« on: February 03, 2014, 03:39:27 AM »

I went to a Beatles exhibit yesterday at the library where I used to work. It was really nice, with lots of cool things. There was a group there called not Norman (a reference to Sgt. Pilcher) who did a mostly acoustic set, except for the guy on electric bass. Then one of the members gave a talk which was quite touching at the end. He tried to talk about John's death but he just couldn't get the words out. He had me, and I suspect others too, tearing up. Then I had a chat with the bass player and he told me about his attendance at the first Shea concert. He and his buddy got fired from their summer jobs because they skipped out on work to go. And his family had gone on a vacation to Toronto, with the movie camera that he wished he could have taken. But it all worked out very well because, besides seeing The Beatles, he also met his future wife.

The thing I enjoyed seeing the most in the exhibit was from a later concert:

The guy who gave the talk said his parents sent him to Toronto to the concert as a graduation present. Even before I heard the story behind the picture I liked it best. On Friday there's going to be be a talk by a DJ from Buffalo and then one by Andy Babiuk.

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 30 queries.