Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Weird Al interview  (Read 1663 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Weird Al interview
« on: February 09, 2009, 02:43:23 AM »

I've seen a short version of this floating around YouTube, but someone recently posted the entire thing. Here's Weird Al "interviewing" George in 1988 for one of his Al-TV specials, the year after Cloud Nine was released.

qbtNOHKKdc8

6cOPtg2h5s8

If you'd like to see the original interview Al was working from, it starts here:

nOEigVEqGIM

Enjoy!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

blackmath

• A Beginning
Re: Weird Al interview
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 08:05:18 AM »

I LOVE THAT INTERVIEW.
There was a time when I used to watch the short one everyday. Actually I never saw this one, thank you for posting it. Weird Al is just amazing. I love all of his interviews but this one and the Celine Dion one are my favorites. I laugh everytime I watch them.
Anyway, I have a few questions about what he's saying in a few places because I don't quite understand. Would anyone help me with that?
First one:
1:05 He did a parody of what?
1:30 Dead what?
2:23 What with his feet? He ignores them?

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:04:59 PM »

I've seen this before, and the Paul one, I think they're hillarious! Weird Al is hysterical!

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 03:14:11 AM »

Yes, I've seen the Paul one before, but I'd only ever seen the short George version. I really got a chuckle out of some of Al's questions-- and George is always so deadpan honest, it makes a great laugh.

Blackmath, I think I can answer your questions:

First one:
1:05 He did a parody of what? -- "He's So Fine" - Al is referring to the plagiarism suit against George where he "subconsciously plagiarized"  "He's So Fine" to get the tune for "My Sweet Lord". Absolutely wicked question. Al, you would be so dead if you asked this in person!

1:30 Dead what? - "Dead beaver", an American rodent

2:23 What with his feet? He ignores them? - "Grovel" (worship) at his feet -- yes, he ignores them. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

blackmath

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »

Thank you so much! I never heard the words grovel or beaver before, now I know two more words, that's nice. English is not my native language btw, I'm not dumb or something. Haha.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 03:31:05 PM »

No worries. Glad to be of help! :)

Page created in 0.453 seconds with 48 queries.