Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: John and Yoko Question  (Read 6894 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
John and Yoko Question
« on: March 19, 2005, 08:13:56 AM »

I've heard the whole story about how they met at the gallery and the YES on the ceiling thing, but is that the first time they met? How about what Paul says about Yoko coming to him to use some songs or something and he sent her to John. Is that when they first met? Did she come on to Paul first? He sort of eludes to that in interviews. Anyway, I'm wondering what the order of events were in how they met and all. Just wondering if anyone knows for sure. BTW, didn't she claim not to know anything about the Beatles when she met him? That's why Paul loves to tell the story. It shows she was full of it. Which he also sort of said in an interview. In a roundabout kinda way.

Re: John and Yoko Question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 03:28:50 PM »

As far as I know, they met at Robert Fraser's Indica gallery for that exhibition, then later on she wanted John to help sponsor one of her openings or 'pieces. Also rumored that she came on to Paul first but probably not much of an effort, John was the easy target. She said time and time again that she didn't know anything about the Beatles, it even gets mentioned by John in the Playboy interview you know inside and out.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 10:12:09 PM »

Apparently I don't know it that well. Or i don't pay enough attention to her parts. Anyway, I'm wondering when she went to Paul for the songs or whatever. Before or after the gallery thing. It sounds like before the way Paul tells it. He even mentioned it in that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame speech. A subtle dig at Yoko in my opinion. Or not so subtle.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 10:34:53 PM »

PLAYBOY: "Yoko, were you a Beatles fan?"

ONO: "No. Now I notice the songs, of course. In a restaurant, John will point out, 'Ahh, they're playing George' or something."

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 10:37:37 PM »

Yeah, she needs John to point the songs out for her. Right. I think Heather went to the school of Yoko cuz I've heard her say similiar things.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 10:40:55 PM »

I wish I could find a transcript of Paul on the Howard Stern show because they got into a lot of Yoko stuff on it. It's hard to remember exactly what he said, but he did imply the stuff about Yoko looking for a Beatle and when she couldn't get him she went to John. He says it in a more cryptic way of course, but because Stern is so relentless, you can sort of figure out where Paul is coming from.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 11:14:23 PM »

Yoko ono was a slut

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 01:04:00 AM »

I see another Yoko bashing thread has started

Quote from: TurnMeOnDeadman
Yoko ono was a slut

And you know that how? Were you around at the time? Did she 'come on' to you?

Really, if you're going to make such a vicious statement about somebody you should know who they are personally. I suspect (although I shouldn't) that you have never met the woman, never spoken to her or had any contact with her what so ever. So either I'm totally wrong or you've come to that conclusion from a few things you have heard from certain places and have belived in to the full.

P.S. There's alot of BS out there.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 05:12:47 AM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster

Really, if you're going to make such a vicious statement about somebody you should know who they are personally. I suspect (although I shouldn't) that you have never met the woman, never spoken to her or had any contact with her what so ever. So either I'm totally wrong or you've come to that conclusion from a few things you have heard from certain places and have belived in to the full.

i agree.........

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 05:28:48 AM »

Quote from: pc31
i agree.........

i agree too, only I didnt just speak my mind, someone said it in a interview.."Yoko ono was a slut, so maybe she did go on tp Paul before John"..or something like that i heard somewhere, I wasnt bashing Yoko, she was married to someone at the time so it could have been true

&nb

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 05:30:01 AM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster

If i can find the link, Ill private message it to you, maybe you can copy and paste that paragraph to the authors

&nb

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 05:48:14 AM »

...anyway, I started the thread because there was a discussion going on at a Floyd forum I go to about how they met. Someone said it was rumored that Syd had something to do with it. Which i though was funny. Then I was curious as to the events and the order of how they actually did meet. Since different things have been said. If I say something about Yoko being full of it when she said she didn't know anything about the Beatles, it's my opinion and I have the right to express it. I'm not bashing her. That's hardly a bash and I was going by something McCartney has said. Which I believe. Why would he lie about that. I mean come on.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 07:42:15 PM »

A married person who is found in bed with another married person and shows no remorse for it whatsoever constitutes as a slut in my mind.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 08:09:17 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
A married person who is found in bed with another married person and shows no remorse for it whatsoever constitutes as a slut in my mind.

Unless they're married to each other! ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist ...

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 08:14:25 PM »

daaaaaamn, I didn't catch that! good one...

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2005, 08:17:14 PM »

Mairi - I know I've said this before when you claimed to be only young (14 or 15 I think you said) - but you act way more mature than that. Some posters here would get royally p*ssed off at what I said, but you took it as it was intended.

Don't ever leave this board: it needs folk like you!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2005, 08:34:33 PM »

Well, thank you. I get told I'm mature a lot, but I don't really see it... Someone who enjoys watching Recess can't be all that mature.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2005, 08:50:41 PM »

Quote from: Mairi

So what's the male equivalent to a slut? I mean what would we call John? That was a low moment for him that's for sure. VERY passive aggressive. I wonder why he didn't just have the courage to leave her in a normal way.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2005, 08:51:39 PM »

BTW Mairi, Chicago's good isn't it. Love that part!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2005, 09:01:17 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr

So what's the male equivalent to a slut? I mean what would we call John? That was a low moment for him that's for sure. VERY passive aggressive. I wonder why he didn't just have the courage to leave her in a normal way.

A man-slut, I guess. John's great and all but that was a terrible thing he did to Cynthia. I could never justify it.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 74 queries.