Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 184242 times)

flux

• A Beginning
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2005, 04:04:20 AM »

In Kindergarden, my girlfriend told me she was no longer marrying me, but she was going to marry George Harrison. That began my interest in The Beatles.

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2005, 04:11:32 AM »

Watched Yellow Submarine, my first love was Eleanor Risby
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

frightenedandscared

• A Beginning
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2005, 10:18:11 PM »

I heard the Beatles when I was younger since my parents have a lot of their albums on records and we have a working record player. My earliest memory of them is on one Thanksgiving my dad played Magical Mystery Tour. I was very weirded out (I was like 7 or something) when I heard "I am the walrus."

When the news came out George Harrison died I remember my dad saying "I don't want George Harrison to die!" I asked who it was and he told me. Later that day they showed George on TV and I just stopped everything and watched which was weird for me.

A couple of days later my music teacher told us we had to present a project on a musician. They had to have been making music for more than 10-20years (can't remember exactly). Immediatly I blurted out "Paul McCartney...no John Lennon!" I have no idea where those names came from. Than I finally settled on The Beatles.

That xmas my dad bought me Abbey Road on CD and I was spellboud after I first listened to it.

Pmacca01

• One And One Is Two
    • A Little Perturbed and Slightly Embarrassed
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2005, 12:33:19 AM »

I was going through my father's record collection passing up all kinds of boring looking stuff when I found a rather colourful record with an awful lot of people on it.  I read The Beatles in flowers and thought "They sure are old, but I'll give them a try".  So I went in my room, put the record on, turned out the lights as I heard the first strains of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

When the last chords of A Day In The Life died down, it was as if I had had my first fix of heroine.  I was hooked and I was on some high that music had never given me before.  To this day I still get my fixes every chance I get.

Clever Beatles Quote Here

Mrs JWL

• A Beginning
  • I love the Beatles so much. They are my life!!!!!!
    • Fab Mania
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2005, 10:54:12 PM »

When did you first hear of The Beatles? I first heard the Beatles when I was in 4th grade.

Was it through their films or maybe a track you heard on the radio? My music teacher, Mrs. Parkinson (a very nice lady) from Elem. school, played the "Help" CD for the class, as well as Happy Christmas (War Is Over) which we sang in a choir. PARENTS CRIED!!

What makes their music so special to you? Wow, can I ever put this into words... I can relate to it for one. When listening to it, it makes me extremely happy. When I am down and I listen to the Beatles, suddenly my problems almost vanish into thin air for the time being! The Beatles make me feel so happy, it's like a natural high, then when you really are high (LOL!! WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!! anyway... ;) ) Um......... there is just so much to say but I have no idea HOW to say it....

Can you remember what it was that suddenly made you think "wow"? Happy Christmas (War is Over). It was later sang by the 8th graders in Middle School which is when I really got into John Lennon, then the Beatles. When I got into 8th grade, our choir sang this as well--upon my request.

Now, onwards to things that I'd like to say. In 2001, I was assigned to do a biography on John Lennon. I already knew who the Beatles were from Elementary School, however, it wasn't until then when I got into the Beatles completely. It wasn't just the music that I heard before hand, it was John Lennon's childhood and his life that interested me right then and there. Also, the words he spoke--how clever and witty he was. Afterwards, I got into his music, more deeply. Then I got into the Beatles that same year and I fell in total love with them. However, it was John who has had the biggest impact on me, even til this day. The other Beatles play a big role in my life as well. Each and everyone of them are extremely important to me. Without them, I wouldn't be me at all!! They are my life.

When George Harrison passed away, I was very suprised, and of course, very devestated! I then got into the rest of the Beatles' solo years and learned more about John that I possibly could, and the rest of the guys.

I WILL FOREVER MORE BE A BEATLES FAN UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU BEATLES
OH YES I DO
I LOVE YOU BEATLES
AND I'LL BE TRUE
WHEN YOU'RE NOT NEAR ME
I'M BLUE.
OH BEATLES... I... LOVE... YOU!!!!!!

Mrs JWL

• A Beginning
    • Fab Mania
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2005, 10:56:06 PM »

Quote from: flux
In Kindergarden, my girlfriend told me she was no longer marrying me, but she was going to marry George Harrison. That began my interest in The Beatles.

That sounds like something I would tell my boyfriend (if I had one). I have had several in my time, but I am currently NOT interested, and not looking. I love my Johnny too much. Well, you can never love him toooooo much. LOL!! But if a relationship were ever to come my way, I will not avoid it. If it happens, it happens.

Tiff Lennon

Ivo

• A Beginning
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2005, 04:46:21 AM »

Me mum was into their early albums and I heard a lot of those as a wee lad.  My uncle gave me a copy of Abbey Road on my 8th birthday and that was all she wrote...I was hooked.
I'm off like a herd of turtles.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2005, 07:43:41 AM »

Quote from: Mrs_JWL

That sounds like something I would tell my boyfriend (if I had one). I have had several in my time, but I am currently NOT interested, and not looking. I love my Johnny too much. Well, you can never love him toooooo much. LOL!! But if a relationship were ever to come my way, I will not avoid it. If it happens, it happens.

Tiff Lennon

aww that was sweet tiff

Mrs JWL

• A Beginning
    • Fab Mania
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2005, 03:20:38 PM »

Thanks. I just love John so much. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Tiff Lennon

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2005, 06:36:55 AM »

Thanks. I just love John so much. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Tiff Lennon

the feeling is natural  :D

Mrs JWL

• A Beginning
    • Fab Mania
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2005, 07:22:46 PM »

Sure is. I love your little animation pic of John on your signature.

Tiff Lennon

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2005, 12:31:47 AM »

Sure is. I love your little animation pic of John on your signature.

Tiff Lennon

thanks!  ;D

elementary_penguin

• A Beginning
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2005, 05:13:35 PM »

I remember watching the movie Yellow Submarine when I was very young and thinking to myself "Who or what are these things called Beatles?" I knew Yellow Submarine because my mom played it to me on the piano when I was a baby. I think Yesterday was in that songbook too. My dad used to play Abbey Road to me and tell me the names of the Beatles - Abbey Road is still my favourite album. I also remember being at a birthday party where we watched A Hard Day's Night - I wasn't paying too much attention but I knew that these were The Beatles - whoever they were. I must have been no older than four when all of this was happening.

A few years later when I was about fifteen, I found my mom's Blue Album and whenever I was sad I would play it. I wore the CD out so as punishment I had to buy her another one. Well, thats sort of how I discovered them. I kept playing that Blue album until I realized there was MORE MUSIC! But I didn't get into them quite yet. I was more into Spice Girls back then .... *shivers*

So, fast forward a few years and there I am sitting wide eyed and totally engrossed on the couch after just opening a big, silvery book called The Beatles Anthology, listening to a CD called 1, and staring dreamily at the face of John Lennon from a special edition magazine that my mom had been given. From that moment I think it just clicked - me and the Beatles were meant for each other. From then I got into the Anthology CDs, then into collecting and discovering each album and I was so impressed and obsessed that people kept referring to me as a Beatlemaniac. And I loved it when they called me that. I was proud.

I still am.

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2005, 06:26:39 PM »

^ nice story,

well like most people, the beatles have been around me my whole life. on the radio, tv, parents' old vinyl around the house. just about everyone knows a decent amount of beatles music. i didn't really get into the beatles until after i really got into george's solo work. i loved some of his songs and my friend is a huge beatlemaniac, so i asked him to point me to some of george's best work. after hearing george, i had to go back to the source. and now i'm where i am now, loving the beatles forever

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2005, 12:16:50 AM »

i might have already responded to this thread, but im far too lazy to look through all 8 pages to find out, so if i did i apologize!  :P

my parents have liked the beatles ever since they were kids (they're both 45 right now, sorry mom & dad!) so the music has always been around me. when i was young, i vaguely remember dancing around my coffee to table to the white album, more speficially obladi oblada. also, my sister's name is michelle, so they would constantly play that and i'd sing along and mess up the words. then i forgot about them for awhile, til about 4th grade. my parents had "the love you make" by peter brown, and i remember reading the last chapter, the one that describes john's death, and i was so sad. i guess this sparked my parents to listen to their music more, and they'd play pastmasters volume 2 alot. i forgot about them again until about june of last year, when my sister started playing beatles one cuz her friend liked them. at first i got annoyed with how much she would play them, and i tried to deny liking them, but it was just inevitable...they're awesome, and one of the best, most talented bands ever. i love them so much  ;D
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2005, 12:18:06 AM »

i just remembered something else! pastmasters volume 2 must have been played alot when we 1st moved into the house im in now, i was in 2nd grade, because "lady madonna", "you know my name (look up the number" and most of the rest of that CD reminds me sooooo much of when i 1st moved here! ;)
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

Mike S.

• One And One Is Two
  • "What Is Life"
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2005, 03:36:50 PM »

My father introduced this music to me. He was always playing some oldies when I was little and I grew to love it. I am proud of myself, being one of the few 14 year olds in my school to enjoy real, good muisc.  ;D

beatlesnumber9

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2005, 08:41:28 PM »

Feb 8 1964 Ed Sullivan

It's like taking acid, I've not been the same since.

fabmark

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2005, 06:04:49 PM »

My mum and dad were big Beatles fans, and I was born in 64 so grew up listening to them, they are simply the best.
Let em come  :-/

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2005, 06:06:53 PM »

Welcome Fabmark!! ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 89 queries.