Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: UK Tour Book by Martin Creasy  (Read 4394 times)

Bobber

UK Tour Book by Martin Creasy
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »

UK Tour book soon out
Back in September we told you a bit about Martin Creasy's new book about The Beatles UK Tours. The book cover is now revealed (see above) and we have also come across an alternative cover, possibly available in other countries (see below).
Here's what Martin Creasy, speaking on his website, has to say: "I'm delighted to announce that my second book - Beatlemania! - The Real Story Of The Beatles UK Tours - will be out on April 4, 2011, published by Omnibus Press, the world's largest publisher of music related books."
"Beatlemania! has been years in the making, featuring a gig-by-gig account of the six UK tours of the Fab Four between the beginning of 1963 and the end of 1965.
Included are interviews with pop stars who joined The Beatles on those tours, plus the memories of national music writers and regional reporters and photographers who covered the shows, cinema managers and staff who hosted them, the fans lucky enough to have been there and the policemen who had the duty of protecting those fans (and The Beatles) from themselves. There is even the odd anecdote from hoteliers who had the privilege of putting up the world's favourite pop group for a night."
"Beatlemania! - The Real Story Of The Beatles UK Tours is already available to order on the internet. I will be putting more info on the site in the coming weeks and months ".
The book is available for pre-ordering on Amazon (UK) at £12.69.

Fact and Fiction 60-62

• A Beginning
Re: UK Tour Book by Martin Creasy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:28:05 PM »

Yes, a great book full of previously unpublished information ! I was lucky enough to share Martin's desk for our mutual conference during the last Beatles Day in London, on 13 March 2011. That was the very first official presentation of his forthcoming book.
Eric  ;)
Author of The Beatles : Fact and Fiction 1960-1962, Séguier/Atlantica, October 2009 (English version of the 2003 French book Les Beatles : Enquête sur un Mythe 1960-1962) and co-author w/ J.C. Hocquet of La France et les Beatles – Vol. 1 : La discographie originale, Séguier/Atlantica, July 2005.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:05:38 PM »

Yes, a great book full of previously unpublished information ! I was lucky enough to share Martin's desk for our mutual conference during the last Beatles Day in London, on 13 March 2011. That was the very first official presentation of his forthcoming book.
Eric  ;)

I guess you swapped your books. ;)

Fact and Fiction 60-62

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »

Well, yes Bobber, this is something authors are used to do (it is common practice), but Martin's book was not available yet, he just had a demonstration copy with himself (plus a pile of covers to give as teasers). I hope he will be able to come at the next Beatles Day in Mons (Belgium) on 1st October 2011 so that we could make a new conference again together.

Thank you very much,

Eric  ;)
Author of The Beatles : Fact and Fiction 1960-1962, Séguier/Atlantica, October 2009 (English version of the 2003 French book Les Beatles : Enquête sur un Mythe 1960-1962) and co-author w/ J.C. Hocquet of La France et les Beatles – Vol. 1 : La discographie originale, Séguier/Atlantica, July 2005.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 06:44:24 PM »

Thanks for the update, Eric. Are you currently working on another publication?

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 11:09:05 PM »

Looks good. Can't wait!  :)

Fact and Fiction 60-62

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »

Thanks for the update, Eric. Are you currently working on another publication?

Yes Bobber, as you know (with my co-author/friend Jean-Claude Hocquet), we already published volume 1 of La France et les Beatles (dedicated to the original french discography) in July 2005. Here's the link :

http://www.amazon.fr/France-Beatles-discographie-originale-1962-1970/dp/2840494132/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259516299&sr=8-4

Now, we are currently working on volume 2 (dedicated to the historical part – Olympia, Palais des Sports, etc.) due to be published sometime in 2014 (for the 50th anniversary of the Olympia visit).

There is really a big amount of documentation to deal with and, as you can imagine, this takes a lot of time... Mark Lewisohn would perfectly know what I'm talking about !

Thanks!

Eric  ;)

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »

Excellent, Eric... Another great research for the whole Beatles community...

Best wishes from Spain!! ;)

Xosé

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 11:39:23 AM »

Yes, good news from Eric.
And in 2014 I'll be retired so I'll have lots of time to read his book!
In the meantime I'll make do with Martin Creasy's book...

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 54 queries.