Solo forums > George Harrison

If He Only Could Have Written?

(1/6) > >>

apple sauce:
I think that George would have been much more paid attention to if he could have written more songs like "Taxman"! This song is prehaps one of the best penned Beatle tunes at the time and often gets overlooked! A full out rock tune which George seldom wrote while in the Beatles.

Kevin:

--- Quote from: apple_sauce ---I think that George would have been much more paid attention to if he could have written more songs like "Taxman"!
--- End quote ---

And I would have got laid more if I looked more like Brad Pitt.
But there you go.

GreenApple:
He did write songs as good as that! But some of them were only Northern Songs. Don't you think that songs like If I Needed Someone, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Something, and Here Comes The Sun were just as good? IMO, even better than Taxman.

raxo:
And some good songs were hidden: It's All Too Much or not issued: Not Guilty, Sour Milk Sea or All Things Must Pass.

apple sauce:
These are all great examples of songs that george wrote unfortunatley if you read my "post" I was talking about "rock" songs of that era 65, 66? I don't really consider Something, or Here Comes The Sun as being Rock songs? Like Day Tripper, Help, Baby You Can Drive My Car (All rock songs) Which George decided not to write. What I'm saying is if had choosen to write more rock songs Paul and John would have had to of used them because "TAXMAN" is one of the best examples of a Beatle's rock song that's ever been written.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version