Beatles forums > Remasters

I had never listened to The Beatles in mono, but now...

(1/2) > >>

lunchpunch:
Now that I watched a video and heard the differences for my own ears...
I feel like i'm missing out on a BUNCH of things! I almost feel like a bad fan (lol).
I always heard that's how they inteneded the music to be heard was in mono.
I'm making an effort right now to get Sgt. Pepper and the White Album in mono (I will not say how...).
Is it worth it for someone who has listened to nothing but stereo Beatles all her life to re-listen to all albums of The Beatles in mono?
I'd like to, but what should I really expect? What is really the difference? I do love catching new things.

Almighty Doer of Stuff:
I think if you have to add new sounds to the mono mix to make it interesting, it says something about the usefulness of mono records in general, although Please Please Me and period singles were definitely better in mono, if only because there was no center channel and they added distracting cross-channel reverb to the stereo mix.

Brynjar:

--- Quote from: lunchpunch on March 13, 2010, 03:54:29 PM ---

--- End quote ---

But is this true - about how they intented the music to be heard in mono? I mean, they didn´t have much choice back then did they? It should maybe be more like, it´s like how the world heard them, then.

Sir John Johns:
You will feel like your listening to the band for the first time.

I don't want to spoil the party!  ;D - but you will hear a LOT of differences.

--- Quote from: lunchpunch on March 13, 2010, 03:54:29 PM ---Now that I watched a video and heard the differences for my own ears...
I feel like i'm missing out on a BUNCH of things! I almost feel like a bad fan (lol).
I'm making an effort right now to get Sgt. Pepper and the White Album in mono (I will not say how...).
Is it worth it for someone who has listened to nothing but stereo Beatles all her life to re-listen to all albums of The Beatles in mono?
I'd like to, but what should I really expect? What is really the difference? I do love catching new things.

--- End quote ---

Kevin:
I'm not an audio freak at all, but I really hear the difference on Sgt Pepper. The mono version is much denser and fuller. To me it definately sounds better than the CD sound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version