Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gas for us in the USA  (Read 9097 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Gas for us in the USA
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2008, 02:56:31 PM »

I think we're all in the same boat, Dmitry. Oil is a finite resource and it's starting to run out. So far nobody but France seems to be very proactive about coming up with a viable replacement. We're all going to be hurting soon. *group hug*
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »

Well.............I wonder what's up with the gas prices here in Arkansas right now.  I just paid $1.53 a gallon to fill up the other day.............wasn't it just a few months ago we here in the US were hitting the 4 dollar mark on a gallon of gas???  What gives????  I'm not complaining........it's wonderful!!!!  But are we being set up to be bombed again by the Middle East????  Hmmmm.......
What's gas prices in your area right now???

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 06:08:38 PM »

Now it's about 67-69 cents/litre here, so that would be $1.97 (I'm using the google converter so it may be wrong)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2008, 07:27:17 PM »

I know...........that's low.  Like I said........are we being set up by someone????

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2008, 08:30:44 PM »

Yea gas here in Sacramento can be bought for $1.99.  I thought I was seeing things....earlier this year it was like $4.50.....  not complaining but I can't help but to this something is up.
<br />

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2008, 09:03:30 PM »

Gas here is like $1.65

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2008, 10:49:43 PM »

As I understand it, gas/petrol prices are down for two reasons:

1) Actual demand is down. Not so much driving-type of demand (thought that is down too), but industrial demand - industrial plants, construction, all the big gas/petrol using activities are way down in this worldwide economic slump.

2. Anticipated demand is down. People think that the economy will be in the pits for a long time, they anticipate that demand will be down for a long time.

When the economy improves, demand will go up, and so will the price of gas/petrol.

I heard it explained this way: What is the value of a gallon of gas to a non-industrial society? Zero. So, the worse the economy becomes, i.e., the more we approach a non-industrial society, the lower the price of gas will be.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »

i am suspicious of the low gas prices...oil by the quart is still 3 and 4 dollars a container...i think they are going to wait and then create another crisis...then really sock it to us...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 61 queries.