Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bands that weren't inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame  (Read 8052 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Bands that weren't inducted into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 09:23:32 AM »

I didn't know about Jo Jo Gunne. I checked out some of their songs, sounds like they tried to carry on the Spirit's spirit. :)
Thats what I thought as well. Run,Run,Run has Spirit written all over it.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:17 PM »

Any relevant prog band.

You could give me 20 buck and tickets at the door and I wouldnt go to that scam of musical history.

Ive been looking who's in and not in :)

No Moody Blues or Yes or John Mayall (Father of British Blues), no Morrisey or The Smiths, no Oasis, INXS or King Crimson, no Chicago or Crowded House, no Doobie Bros or Searchers or 10CC, Im sure theres a few more

It's becoming more of an honor to be left out of the Hall Of Fame than it is to be inducted.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »

Speaking of JoJo Gunne, one of my favorite songs right here.

ROCKER - JO JO GUNNE - Wait A Lifetime
Thanks tkitna. I hadn't heard that one before! I like the piano and harmonica going on together. I think it's fair to say these Spirit, Jo Jo Gunne musicians didn't get their due. I think they're some really talented people!
Next we'll have to find Randy California's solo release called "K'ptan Kopter and the Twirrly Birds" and do a comparison. We'll see who was the heart and soul of Spirit!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »

Thanks tkitna. I hadn't heard that one before! I like the piano and harmonica going on together. I think it's fair to say these Spirit, Jo Jo Gunne musicians didn't get their due. I think they're some really talented people!
Next we'll have to find Randy California's solo release called "K'ptan Kopter and the Twirrly Birds" and do a comparison. We'll see who was the heart and soul of Spirit!
It seems Randy is regaurded as quite a guitarist to which I agree. He just didn't have it to headline a band into stardom on his own.
Amazingly, he died on january2, 1997 in Moleki when a giant wave swept over him and his son and started to pull them under in the rip current. He did manage to push his son back to shore before he drowned. RIP Randy.
Mark Twain

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »

It seems Randy is regaurded as quite a guitarist to which I agree. He just didn't have it to headline a band into stardom on his own.
Amazingly, he died on january2, 1997 in Moleki when a giant wave swept over him and his son and started to pull them under in the rip current. He did manage to push his son back to shore before he drowned. RIP Randy.

Yes, Randy sadly died saving his son. In 1967 the teenage Randy had a six-month internship with Jimi Hendrix, so he had the best teacher. Actually he was born as Randy Wolfe, and "Randy California" was Hendrix's nickname for him.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »

Yes, Randy sadly died saving his son. In 1967 the teenage Randy had a six-month internship with Jimi Hendrix, so he had the best teacher. Actually he was born as Randy Wolfe, and "Randy California" was Hendrix's nickname for him.
I was looking on Wili and it says he was 15 or so when this was happening. He couldn't go on tour because his parents wanted him to wisely finish school!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.491 seconds with 50 queries.