Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!  (Read 22475 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 02:29:38 AM »

In all of history no drummer put in more time playing drums live for The Beatles than Pete Best.  Nobody!  That's not some trivial statement.  You say people will remember the drummer through their glory years.  Yeah, that part is obvious.  But it isn't the whole truth.  That's what I am fighting against.  I want the whole truth.

What are you looking for? What truth are you trying to find? Everybody is aware that Pete played with the Beatles the most when they played live, but what does that matter? I just dont know what you want. Are you looking for assurance that every Beatle fan knows that Pete was their drummer during their early years? I've just lost the meaning of what it is your trying to say or do anymore.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 02:32:15 AM »

Fun for whom?

BeatlesAtTheirBest and thats about it.

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »

Fun for whom?
BeatlesAtTheirBest and thats about it.

Well it must be fun for you.  You sure do take a lot of time reading Pete Best & The Beatles related comments and posting replys to them.  Lets face it, if Paul and/or Ringo got together to do something with Pete, you'd be among the first to check it out and also among the first to comment about it.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:55:41 AM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »
The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »

Well it must be fun for you.  You sure do take a lot of time reading Pete Best & The Beatles related comments and posting replys to them.  Lets face it, if Paul and/or Ringo got together to do something with Pete, you'd be among the first to check it out and also among the first to comment about it.

And I'm sure he'd be echoing the majority opinion that it would come off as fake and phony on the part of Paul and/or Ringo, as well as a cash and spotlight grab for Pete Best.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »

I never said Paul or Ringo owe Pete anything.  I agree that a get together, whether it's a press conference, a beer summit or better yet - a new song would be a lot of fun.

I know you didn't say that anyone owes anyone anything. The point I was making was, the way you worded the original subject line was that this is a must do before one of them dies. You are assuming one of them should want to meet.

I don't know how long you have lived. So I won't assume you have or have not experienced what I am about to describe. When a person gets older. There are parts of their life that are truly behind them. They have completely lived that experience and they have no desire to dig up any of it. The memory is at peace where it is. If you are young, it is unlikely that you have experienced this very much. If you are older, I would think that this description would resonate with you. The past is the past. Life moves on. Maybe Paul and Pete have moved on too.

By the post I wrote yesterday I indulged your fantasy.

A Press Conference??? Press Conferences are usually to announce something. What would they announce?

Beer Summit? Here let's draw as much attention to ourselves as we can. They might as well pull their pants down and show their weiners to the world. "Look at me!"

New Song, who would write it? If Paul wrote it, then that could be kind of patronizing to Pete.
Paul: "Come on Pete, you can play drums on my song."

Pete: "Go sod yourself! I don't want your sympathy."

If Pete wrote it, it would have to be really good. Then it would be such a novelty, it would be hard to take it serious.

This is why I said, just an interview. An interview on their memories of playing in Hamburg and the Cavern. No questions as to why Pete was fired.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 12:48:47 AM »

And I'm sure he'd be echoing the majority opinion that it would come off as fake and phony on the part of Paul and/or Ringo, as well as a cash and spotlight grab for Pete Best.

This

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 12:49:15 PM »

I know you didn't say that anyone owes anyone anything. The point I was making was, the way you worded the original subject line was that this is a must do before one of them dies. You are assuming one of them should want to meet.

I don't know how long you have lived. So I won't assume you have or have not experienced what I am about to describe. When a person gets older. There are parts of their life that are truly behind them. They have completely lived that experience and they have no desire to dig up any of it. The memory is at peace where it is. If you are young, it is unlikely that you have experienced this very much. If you are older, I would think that this description would resonate with you. The past is the past. Life moves on. Maybe Paul and Pete have moved on too.

By the post I wrote yesterday I indulged your fantasy.

A Press Conference??? Press Conferences are usually to announce something. What would they announce?

Beer Summit? Here let's draw as much attention to ourselves as we can. They might as well pull their pants down and show their weiners to the world. "Look at me!"

New Song, who would write it? If Paul wrote it, then that could be kind of patronizing to Pete.
Paul: "Come on Pete, you can play drums on my song."

Pete: "Go sod yourself! I don't want your sympathy."

If Pete wrote it, it would have to be really good. Then it would be such a novelty, it would be hard to take it serious.

This is why I said, just an interview. An interview on their memories of playing in Hamburg and the Cavern. No questions as to why Pete was fired.

Having Pete play drums on a song Paul wrote would be patronizing to Pete?  Isn't that what he was doing when they sacked him?

As for a "beer summit" or some other type of reunion, who said "cash" had to be involved?  (I'll pay the beer tab if that's an issue)

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 05:38:59 PM »

Having Pete play drums on a song Paul wrote would be patronizing to Pete?  Isn't that what he was doing when they sacked him?

No. Pete was in a band with Paul. That is the past.

Are you here to promote your film, or something else?
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »

No. Pete was in a band with Paul. That is the past.

Are you here to promote your film, or something else?

I am here to talk about The Beatles.  Emphasis on the period between 1960-1962, the time John Lennon said that they were at they were at their best.  As for the Pete Best version of The Beatles being in the past, so is the Ringo Starr version of The Beatles.  Are we not allowed to talk about that either?

I could ask you the same question.  I am here to talk about The Beatles, why are you here?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:12:59 PM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »

I honestly don't expect that to ever happen,what I really want to see is a drum off between Ringo and Pete  ha2ha

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »

A septuagenarian drum-off. Woo-hoo!

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »

I could ask you the same question.  I am here to talk about The Beatles, why are you here?

You are right you can ask me that question. I think my posts speak for themselves.

I hope you are here to talk about the Beatles. Your posts bring doubts on what you are here for.

Let's just make it about the Beatles and not just about Pete Best. Don't get me wrong, I am all for talking about Pete, as he is part of the story. There is so much more too though. You are completely welcome to talk about what interests you, but if you see other members don't share your enthusiasm, we are not here to force our opinions on others.

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2012, 10:24:14 AM »

Paul won't get together with Ringo for a performance or recording. What makes anyone think he's going to do it with Pete?
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2012, 03:31:59 AM »

Paul won't get together with Ringo for a performance or recording. What makes anyone think he's going to do it with Pete?

How many times has he got together with Ringo over the years?  That's a bit played out isn't it?  When's the last time he got together with Pete?

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2012, 09:25:30 PM »

Haven't been on this site in a while, and I notice you're still banging on about the ol' Pete thingy. GOOD GRIEF, give it a rest!! (said most respectfully to all concerned...)
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »

I happened across a film that I already own about Pete Best. Your subject matter has already been covered. Oh, I know, you have some incredible facts that are totally unknown.

Dream on. Go ahead spend your time, making your film. You are using footage that has been out for years. Go for it. See how many people are interested.

As I have said, you are correct Pete is part of the story. If I can speak for others, you are putting too much emphasis on his part though.

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2012, 03:02:15 AM »

You are right you can ask me that question. I think my posts speak for themselves.

I hope you are here to talk about the Beatles. Your posts bring doubts on what you are here for.

Let's just make it about the Beatles and not just about Pete Best. Don't get me wrong, I am all for talking about Pete, as he is part of the story. There is so much more too though. You are completely welcome to talk about what interests you, but if you see other members don't share your enthusiasm, we are not here to force our opinions on others.

Nobody is forcing any opinion on you.  You made a choice to read my posts and you made a choice to respond.  If you don't like what I have to say regarding the early years of The Beatles, stop reading the posts and stop responding.  If it's making you unhappy, go find something else to do with your time.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:12:22 AM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2012, 03:05:17 AM »

I happened across a film that I already own about Pete Best. Your subject matter has already been covered. Oh, I know, you have some incredible facts that are totally unknown.

Dream on. Go ahead spend your time, making your film. You are using footage that has been out for years. Go for it. See how many people are interested.

As I have said, you are correct Pete is part of the story. If I can speak for others, you are putting too much emphasis on his part though.

I am not dreaming.  I have spent some of my time and I have made my film.  You keep putting me down.  You say you don't speak for others, yet you keep attempting to speak for others.  Like I said before, if the subject of Pete Best or the early years of The Beatles doesn't interest you, stop responding.  No one has put a gun to your head.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:10:00 AM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2012, 06:22:17 AM »

Boy, some people get their panties in a knot easily...

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »

Boy, some people get their panties in a knot easily...

I know.  You should work on that Gary.

www.TheUltimateTrip.net
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 2.062 seconds with 79 queries.