Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!  (Read 22472 times)

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
Re: Paul should meet/play with Pete Best before they die!
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »

I would like to not only see a reunion, but also a new record with McCartney, Best & Starr (single or album) doing it old time Hamburg style! This summer is the 50th anniversary of Pete's sacking and Ringo joining the group. Let's both continue to do what we can to bring attention to this issue.

You would be quite delusional if, as I said, this is met by the mass audience and mainstream media as a anything but a money grab by Pete Best, and as phony and fake on the part of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.

Why don't we go all the way and have the Quarrymen join Paul on stage for some skiffle, and an album of skiffle music, along with a dose of 50's rock and roll?

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2012, 03:40:58 PM »

So, no sources?

No, all sources.  It there a single fact I have ever stated that you are in disagreement with?  If so state it.

I'll provide my source and you can provide yours.

The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »

I actually dont care about Pete Best (am I the only one?)

For me he was their drummer until they deemed him (for whatever reason, Im not too bothered to know why) not good enough and before they started writing great songs.

I feel sorry for Pete (what he went through) but he's a millionaire and will go down in history as Joost has already said, when I quit playing I'll have a few photos, a couple of vids and my memories.

I don't feel sorry for Pete.  It all worked out well for him.  A happy marriage of 50+ years to the girl he met while singing for The Beatles, a massive retirement check from the group and the continuing ability to tour the world playing Rock & Roll.  Not bad.

I care about The Beatles.  All six of them.  I think it would be a cool closing chapter to Beatles history to have the three surviving members of the group come together for one last beer summit and maybe a final song.

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Bobber

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »

No, all sources.  It there a single fact I have ever stated that you are in disagreement with?  If so state it.

I'll provide my source and you can provide yours.

Well, for instance you state that Pete 'was their loyal friend'. Being around with some people for a couple of years don't make you an instant friend.

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »

I really don't feel any of us has a right to cast a moral judgement on 2 men most of us have only 'met' through recorded music/film, and dictate: thou shalt make amends for something ye might have done all those years ago. For all we know this has been dealt with privately , or perhaps Paul feels that the Anthology payout was enough. It's not something I feel I can say one way or the other. A bit like the illegitimate kids thing  -  should they all just come out and say these are our kids? We pay for them? Or we don't pay for them?  Should Ringo apologise to Pete for nicking his spot  -  I presume he knew Pete too as part of the jolly old Liddypool gang of musicians in Hamburg, so should he have leapt into his job without talking to Pete first? Perhaps George Martin should say something about it all? OR - and here's a biggie  - why don't we all stop speculating, second-guessing and rumourmongering and just enjoy the music? Oh hang on, that's what this forum is for??!! ooops...(hangs head in guilty shame)
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

nimrod

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »

ha2ha

great post cubanheel, I feel the same way as you.

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 01:10:12 PM »

Well, for instance you state that Pete 'was their loyal friend'. Being around with some people for a couple of years don't make you an instant friend.

I didn't say "Pete was their loyal friend".  What I said was..

I think Pete & Paul were friends.  Maybe not as close as Pete was to John, but you don't spend a good part of 2 years living and working with each other everyday without being friends.  I have friends that can be real jerks, assh---s & losers from time to time.  They are still my friends.

Is there anything else that I have ever stated that you disagree with?

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Bobber

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »

I didn't say "Pete was their loyal friend".  What I said was..

Is there anything else that I have ever stated that you disagree with?

If you really want to go into details, you wrote: I want to see a "reunion" not because they were friends...[...]

So, stating that they were friends.

But you know, I don't care about mr Best that much really, so I would not care if you didn't reply.

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »

I'm not so sure Best was ever great pals with any of them...
Dot Rhone and Cynthia Lennon wrote that they noticed right away upon visiting the Beatles in Hamburg that Best was being treated as something of an outcast.

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 04:49:23 PM »

If you really want to go into details, you wrote: I want to see a "reunion" not because they were friends...[...]

So, stating that they were friends.

But you know, I don't care about mr Best that much really, so I would not care if you didn't reply.

I am not disputing that I said they are friends.  But I am saying that if you are going to quote someone and use actual "quotes", you have to really be quoting the person.  The words in quotes should actually be the exact words the person said.  I said "I think Pete & Paul were friends" and also said "I want to see a "reunion" not because they were friends...".  However you quoted me as saying "Pete was their loyal friend".  Maybe he was a loyal friend, I don't know.  That wasn't what I actually said so you shouldn't put it in quotes.  Putting quotes around something means you are quoting what the person said word for word.  I didn't say what you quoted me as saying.

For what it's worth, I don't know if he was their loyal friend.  I do think he was a loyal bandmate who put more time playing live for them than any drummer in their history including Ringo Starr.  I don't care about Pete as much as I care about The Beatles - all 6 of them.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:55:54 PM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »

Best...your credibility would probably be a whole lot better here if you'd quit using that "played live for the Beatles more than any other drummer" line...
As you well know, the Beatles quit playing live in 1966 and Ringo was cut off.

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 04:55:17 PM »

Best...your credibility would probably be a whole lot better here if you'd quit using that "played live for the Beatles more than any other drummer" line...
As you well know, the Beatles quit playing live in 1966 and Ringo was cut off.

Why is it a line if it's true?

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »

It's a line that doesn't carry much weight...People will remember the drummer through the glory years and that's fine...
You make it sound as though Best was with the Beatles longer than Ringo...
Hop into chat, anyway.

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 05:06:31 PM »

It's a line that doesn't carry much weight...People will remember the drummer through the glory years and that's fine...
You make it sound as though Best was with the Beatles longer than Ringo...
Hop into chat, anyway.

I am not saying Pete was with The Beatles longer than Ringo.  I am saying he put more time playing live for The Beatles than Ringo.  You say Ringo would have played more live if he had the opportunity.   You could say the same for Pete.  He didn't quit he was forced to stop.  You say it's a line that doesn't hold much weight.  I disagee.  It's a line that carries a whole lot of weight. 

In all of history no drummer put in more time playing drums live for The Beatles than Pete Best.  Nobody!  That's not some trivial statement.  You say people will remember the drummer through their glory years.  Yeah, that part is obvious.  But it isn't the whole truth.  That's what I am fighting against.  I want the whole truth.

Gimme some truth!!!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:08:03 PM by BeatlesAtTheirBest »

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »

I am not saying Pete was with The Beatles longer than Ringo.  I am saying he put more time playing live for The Beatles than Ringo.  You say Ringo would have played more live if he had the opportunity.   You could say the same for Pete.  He didn't quit he was forced to stop.  You say it's a line that doesn't hold much weight.  I disagee.  It's a line that carries a whole lot of weight. 

In all of history no drummer put in more time playing drums live for The Beatles than Pete Best.  Nobody!  That's not some trivial statement.  You say people will remember the drummer through their glory years.  Yeah, that part is obvious.  But it isn't the whole truth.  That's what I am fighting against.  I want the whole truth.

Gimme some truth!!!
I'ts like saying you're the third-tallest guy in Japan..the Beatles quit being a live band..Hop into the chat room on here now!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

Regardless of whether Paul wants to participate, would Pete Best even want to? If he feels wronged by Paul then I would imagine that he'd just want to avoid him, rather than try for a public reconciliation.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »

It is true that Pete played more live gigs than Ringo. Is this meaningful? I don't know. Depends on what is meaningful to you.

Paul and Ringo do not owe Pete anything. Nor does Pete owe Paul and Ringo anything. If Paul and/or Ringo wanted to reunite that would be solely their choice, and not dependent on any other party wanting to reunite. It seems from the interviews that I have seen Pete is at peace with his past. It took him a long time and I think that is understandable. Pete has no doubt settled in his mind and heart he will never see Paul or Ringo again. Pete has moved on.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. We don't know if Paul and Pete, or Ringo and Pete have spoken in the last 50 years. To automatically presume one way or the other is naive. They would only release this information if all parties agreed to. Although, my opinion is that they probably have not.

Pete was duly compensated for the recordings that he made with The Beatles that have been commercially released. I don't know if he continues to receive royalties, and you probably don't know either.

I think it would be cool to see Pete and Paul sit down and talk on an interview show. As to who would interview them, I don't have any ideas, it would have to be a high caliber name to do so though. As to playing music together, I don't think there really would be much point to that. As to having Voormann, Sheridan, or anybody else, I think again, it would be pointless. They have all moved in different directions. Paul and Ringo barely have a point in playing together anymore.

When you are a musician, and there are a few members here that are, you typically want to always be moving forward with your music. So playing in a "fantasy" band is really not that much fun, and would be more of an exercise in voyeurism. It is would be similar in having Dhani Harrison and Julian Lennon and Paul and Ringo play together. You are begging for something that you can not have.

So, to sum up, again. Paul and Ringo owe Pete nothing. If any reunion would be cool would be just to see them sit down and talk and the obligatory hug.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2012, 12:02:45 AM »

It is true that Pete played more live gigs than Ringo. Is this meaningful? I don't know. Depends on what is meaningful to you.

Paul and Ringo do not owe Pete anything. Nor does Pete owe Paul and Ringo anything. If Paul and/or Ringo wanted to reunite that would be solely their choice, and not dependent on any other party wanting to reunite. It seems from the interviews that I have seen Pete is at peace with his past. It took him a long time and I think that is understandable. Pete has no doubt settled in his mind and heart he will never see Paul or Ringo again. Pete has moved on.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. We don't know if Paul and Pete, or Ringo and Pete have spoken in the last 50 years. To automatically presume one way or the other is naive. They would only release this information if all parties agreed to. Although, my opinion is that they probably have not.

Pete was duly compensated for the recordings that he made with The Beatles that have been commercially released. I don't know if he continues to receive royalties, and you probably don't know either.

I think it would be cool to see Pete and Paul sit down and talk on an interview show. As to who would interview them, I don't have any ideas, it would have to be a high caliber name to do so though. As to playing music together, I don't think there really would be much point to that. As to having Voormann, Sheridan, or anybody else, I think again, it would be pointless. They have all moved in different directions. Paul and Ringo barely have a point in playing together anymore.

When you are a musician, and there are a few members here that are, you typically want to always be moving forward with your music. So playing in a "fantasy" band is really not that much fun, and would be more of an exercise in voyeurism. It is would be similar in having Dhani Harrison and Julian Lennon and Paul and Ringo play together. You are begging for something that you can not have.

So, to sum up, again. Paul and Ringo owe Pete nothing. If any reunion would be cool would be just to see them sit down and talk and the obligatory hug.

I never said Paul or Ringo owe Pete anything.  I agree that a get together, whether it's a press conference, a beer summit or better yet - a new song would be a lot of fun.

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:12 AM »

Fun for whom?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

nimrod

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »

Fun for whom?

Pete's bank manager ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.851 seconds with 81 queries.