Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Night the Beatles Met Elvis - the Greatest Gig You Never Saw  (Read 553 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
The Night the Beatles Met Elvis - the Greatest Gig You Never Saw
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:25:23 AM »

Huffington Post
November 22, 2011
The Night the Beatles Met Elvis - the Greatest Gig You Never Saw

A world where 'celebrities' clamour for media attention like orange-hued Oliver Twists around a bowl of camel foot-infused gruel, here's a salutary lesson from some genuine superstars.Please, please me by allowing me to take you back to one night in 1965. The 27 August, in fact, and it was an august night indeed, for this was the night when the King of Rock'n'Roll met the monarchs of Merseybeat for the first, and only, time. But - gasp - the media was banned. No photographs or recordings were made of this momentous night, which included an impromptu jamming session, far less any twisting or shouting about it. Lawdy, Miss Clawdy."If there had been, they'd be priceless today," Tony Barrow tells me. He was the Beatles' press officer between 1962 and 1968, and one of the few witnesses to that memorable get-together. "It's a terrible shame that a unique jam session has been lost forever."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/victoria-gooch/the-night-the-beatles-met_b_1100417.html?ref=uk
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 38 queries.