Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ringos birthplace to be demolished  (Read 2424 times)

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
ringos birthplace to be demolished
« on: September 09, 2005, 02:50:43 PM »

Liverpool City Council have said it holds no historical merit to stop it being demolished as he only spent 3 months at the residence.
http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.

Bobber

Re: ringos birthplace to be demolished
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 04:53:31 PM »

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »

Seems that all it says is it was in plans to be, then it says it was saved. I don't see anything about them coming to the decision I posted, but yeah it does highlight the beginning of the end for it.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 02:15:06 AM »

It sounds like the whole Dingle area is being razed.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 11:36:17 AM »

One of the things that sets the "UK" apart from North America is its "History" If the people in the "Uk" take a page out of where we live there will be nothing of "History" that's still standing! Having said that "Liverpool's Town Council" should remember the "TOURISIM" that the "BEATLES" homes bring in for the city! It's like where "Presidents" grew up in America! Without the "BEATLES" we in North America would not even know that "LIVERPOOL" exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 01:52:26 PM »

I got very confused by all the speech marks in your reply, you do realize that probably all of them are un-necessary lol When I was reading it I emphasised each thing thinking there was significance but it just read all weird.

I have a friend from Vietnam so I have to explain a lot of things to him about how to make his English read better, so I would say avoid using "  " these a lot, it makes for better reading.

But I agree on the not knowing Liverpool exists if the Beatles hadn't existed... but there are still many US citizens that don't know where it is lol

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 12:30:21 AM »

wreck it...if he was worried he would have bought it instead of a place in monte carlo.......

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 12:00:28 PM »

Found this. Seems like the decision to renovate the place has taken a turn.

Ringo Starr's birthplace to be demolished

The former home of former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr has been earmarked for demolition by Liverpool City Council.
The terraced house in Madryn Street, Liverpool, was Starr's birthplace, and his home for the first three months of his life. Although it was previously thought that the house may gain a reprieve following a public consultation, it will now join a further 459 properties which are due to be knocked down as part of a regeneration project in the area.
The news follows an announcement by The National Trust, in February of this year, that the former home of Ringo's fellow Beatles member John Lennon would be preserved and opened to the public .
The decision to demolish Starr's birthplace was reportedly based on the fact that the drummer only lived at the property for a very short period. Flo Lucas, a spokesperson for Liverpool City Council's Housing Select Committee, told BBC News: "Ringo Starr lived in the Madryn Street house for about three months. John Lennon and Paul McCartney's childhood homes were preseved because they spent a significant part of their lives in them. The house on Madryn Street has no historical significance".
Starr himself was eager to save the houses, and speaking earlier this year said: "Why are they knocking them down ? If it's economically viable, they should do them up." However, Liverpool City Council is expected to ratify the demolition decision on September 16.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 12:24:06 PM »

I have read today that the house is to be saved and rebuilt brick by brick by Toxteth council!!!!!!

Apparantly they gave in to peoples protests!!!! Power To The People!!!! Yeah man! lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Bobber

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 12:03:25 PM »

I just read it will be taken down brick by brick and preserved carefully. In a safe, perhaps.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 11:53:57 PM »

So... only George's house left to make up the full set!! :)

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 02:31:54 AM »

Quote from: The_End
So... only George's house left to make up the full set!! :)

hahahaha :D

in the future we might see ringo's house in a museum or something XD or george's, I think john's house is already a museum o_O

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 11:37:57 AM »

Quote from: Sie_Liebt_Dich

I think john's house is already a museum o_O

Both John (Menlove Avenue) AND Paul's (Forthlin Road) houses are now sort of museums - they have been restored to what they would have looked like in the Fifties. They are both run by the National Trust and you can book to have a guided tour around them! :)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 01:46:36 AM »

I don't think the John and Paul houses they saved were their birth places, though.

When I went to Liverpool, I visited the house that Ringo grew up in. I wonder if that one is going to be knocked down. This was before John's house was turned into a tour. Man, what I would give to play a chord of acoustic guitar in that room ("Hello, Little Girl!").
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Page created in 0.73 seconds with 65 queries.