Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 50 Years of Dodger Stadium: The Beatles Rock the Ravine  (Read 404 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
50 Years of Dodger Stadium: The Beatles Rock the Ravine
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:23 PM »

Lasorda's Lair
February 13, 2012
50 Years of Dodger Stadium: The Beatles Rock the Ravine

There’s only a few things that I love as much as baseball. Cinema and music are two of them. If there was one concert which I could have had the privilege of attending it would have been the Beatles concert at Dodger Stadium on Sunday, August 28, 1966 at 8:00 pm. The Beatles are my all-time favorite band. I even took a Beatles course in college (yes, that in fact exists). A couple lesser known ska bands, Goldfinger and The Toasters, are also on my permanent soundtrack of life. Yet the music of the Beatles influenced those bands and most other musicians to follow. The Fab Four are forever the quintessential boy band. A Day in the Life is my favorite Beatles song, and I have fond memories of listening to my mother’s Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album on my record player over and over again in high school. It almost sounded better than the CD version I listen to today. Perhaps I am a bit of a flower child at heart.

http://lasordaslair.com/2012/02/13/50-years-of-dodger-stadium-the-beatles-rock-the-ravine/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:39:38 PM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Page created in 0.995 seconds with 37 queries.