Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Most romantic gift EVER  (Read 731 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Most romantic gift EVER
« on: August 29, 2021, 10:07:38 PM »

My younger daughter was over last night for a slightly belated birthday celebration. Her boyfriend gave her what, in my opinion, is the most romantic gift ever. He has scored serious "Mom" points with me. My friends also were quite impressed.  :)

His gift to her was a bracelet with a code on it she can scan to listen to their song. (Alas, I am drawing a complete blank on the title and artist; I was too swept away by the romanticism.)

This even beats the anniversary gift my older daughter got last year from her boyfriend: a photo of the night sky (i.e., constellations) the night they became an official couple. I've been very careful to not denigrate my ex, but when she told me that I blurted out, "Your father never would have thought of something like that." To which she replied, "Well, I think Google helped." ;) Still.

I'm glad my girls are doing much better than I did in the romance department.

Here's a pic:

Sigh. . . in my next life I want to be with someone who will understand how much music means to me and get me something like this. And I'm really not a "gift" person. But the sentiment behind this brings tears to my eyes. So I guess, for me, not so much the gift so much as someone who truly understands.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 11:02:09 PM by Normandie »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Most romantic gift EVER
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 11:33:39 PM »

Thats actually awesome and a fantastic idea that i'm going to steal.

Most romantic gift i've gotten my wife is a 4 wheeler.  I'm not good in that department.  Lol.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 02:03:55 AM »

My younger daughter was over last night for a slightly belated birthday celebration. Her boyfriend gave her what, in my opinion, is the most romantic gift ever. He has scored serious "Mom" points with me. My friends also were quite impressed.  :)

His gift to her was a bracelet with a code on it she can scan to listen to their song. (Alas, I am drawing a complete blank on the title and artist; I was too swept away by the romanticism.)

This even beats the anniversary gift my older daughter got last year from her boyfriend: a photo of the night sky (i.e., constellations) the night they became an official couple. I've been very careful to not denigrate my ex, but when she told me that I blurted out, "Your father never would have thought of something like that." To which she replied, "Well, I think Google helped." ;) Still.

I'm glad my girls are doing much better than I did in the romance department.

Here's a pic:

Sigh. . . in my next life I want to be with someone who will understand how much music means to me and get me something like this. And I'm really not a "gift" person. But the sentiment behind this brings tears to my eyes. So I guess, for me, not so much the gift so much as someone who truly understands.

I thought you were going to say it plays And I Love Her.

;D
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 02:05:22 AM »

I gave someone a fluffy duck doll many years ago.  After she received it, she said to me:  "You know, if you weren't so romantic, I don't think I'd be dating you."

I actually didn't like that comment because I felt like she really didn't like me unless I was romantic.  But it actually seemed like she'd still want to be with me even if I weren't romantic.  So, I don't know.  It was something she said very spontaneously that I've always remembered.

Well, we didn't last.  We broke up eventually.  That was really my fault because I realized at a certain point that I wasn't really in love with her.  That was a crazy relationship but it was an important part of the growing up process for me.  There's also a backstory to that experience that I won't relate.  Let's just say it was complicated.

I think the more you get to know yourself the more you begin to know who's right or wrong for you.  That was a big part of the whole affair.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 02:14:31 AM »

Here's a pic:

Great gift idea!

Why don't you scan the picture to see if you can get the song.
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 02:21:33 AM »

I gave someone a fluffy duck doll many years ago.  After she received it, she said to me:  "You know, if you weren't so romantic, I don't think I'd be dating you."

I actually didn't like that comment because I felt like she really didn't like me unless I was romantic.  But it actually seemed like she'd still want to be with me even if I weren't romantic.  So, I don't know.  It was something she said very spontaneously that I've always remembered.

Well, we didn't last.  We broke up eventually.  That was really my fault because I realized at a certain point that I wasn't really in love with her.  That was a crazy relationship but it was an important part of the growing up process for me.  There's also a backstory to that experience that I won't relate.  Let's just say it was complicated.

I think the more you get to know yourself the more you begin to know who's right or wrong for you.  That was a big part of the whole affair.

That about sums it up, Loco.

I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 53 queries.