Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ‘If you have a fallback, you’ll do it’  (Read 1754 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
‘If you have a fallback, you’ll do it’
« on: March 03, 2010, 06:00:09 PM »

HOW TO MAKE IT

Mark Schulman has always considered himself a drummer. He loved watching Ringo Starr play with the Beatles at the age of 3. At 14, he was playing drumming gigs for money.

At 17, he was earning a decent living doing it. His parents wanted him to study at college for a “serious career,” but he dropped out to pursue music full time. As he puts it, “If you have a fallback option, you will do it.”

Over the past 19 years, he’s played stadium concerts and festivals all over the world with acts such as Destiny’s Child, Cher, Simple Minds, Billy Idol and Sheryl Crow. He’s recently been touring with Pink on her Funhouse tour, and he is rejoining her for the European leg this May. He says the key to his success is that he is always very proactive about getting work. “I’m always calling to tell people I’m available, and I’m always very positive. I say, ‘What can I do for you?’”

In 2003, he started offering drumming music seminars to everyone from college kids to corporations, encouraging his audiences to be positive about attaining their goals, whatever they may be. He says that the most important step in achieving success is fixating on a single career goal and believing that you can do it. He adds that you have to learn from the competition and not fear it. “There are always going to be better drummers out there, but that doesn’t mean I’ve ever doubted my ability to do this.”

Full Article: http://www.metro.us/us/article/2010/03/03/03/4347-82/index.xml

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
Re: ‘If you have a fallback, you’ll do it’
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »

SXSW 2010: St. Deluxe
Posted on Mar 3rd 2010 7:30AM by Peter M. Gordon

Beatles or Stones?

I think the band will be split on this. I go Beatles, but I think Martin would go Stones. Stuart is a big fan of Ringo Starr's drumming, so I think he and Brian would pick Beatles. We recorded a cover version of the Beatles song 'It's All Too Much,' which we very much like. We recorded it almost all live with only one or two tracks.

Full Article: http://www.spinner.ca/2010/03/03/sxsw-2010-st-deluxe/

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

Bobber

Re: ‘If you have a fallback, you’ll do it’
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:16:08 AM »

Not sure why this is posted here actually.

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 40 queries.