Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anthology Director's Cut  (Read 16820 times)

pisces

• One And One Is Two
Re: Anthology Director's Cut
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 11:10:15 PM »

This is ALL now on You Tube by the way. Amazed that Apple haven't jumped on it yet.
MAN why is George's full LSD story not on the original??

Enjoy:
<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OCYQr65ac" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OCYQr65ac</a>

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Anthology Director's Cut
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 08:50:07 AM »

Anybody seen the director's cut? I haven't so I'm watching it on youtube now  :)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3699087C9F923729

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
The Beatles Anthology Directors Cut DVD?
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2009, 04:23:15 AM »

Hello,

Does anyone here have the Directors Cut of The Beatles Anthology on DVD because I've been thinking about buying it.  The copy I've seen available for sale is 10 DVD's long for 50 bucks so the question I have is it worth buying?

Thanks,

Mr. Kite!
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

jimbcac

Re: The Beatles Anthology Directors Cut DVD?
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

Strange you should ask.. Just finished my Beatles OVERDOSE ..First watch Hard Days NIght, Help, Yellow Sub, and MMT..Followed
(If you have it) by Let it Be.....THEN watch the Directors cut all 10 discs straight through....Is the directors cut worth it..
Well frankly I have never seen the non directors cut of the Anthology so can not make the comparison, am told that there is more
interesting stuff in the DC then in the broadcast version, HOWEVER I am wondering if maybe some stuff got switched around, seems
that what got into these things was a bit flexible at the time, and it is my understanding that there are a more then 2 versions
of the anthology out there, each a little different. ANYWAY the short answer is for fifty bucks...go for it.. Each DVD is 2 hours
long there are 8 of them worth watching, the 9th has an interesting interview with George Martin and Niel Aspenall by some
Dutch journalists. However the 10th..well let me say if I EVER have to hear those two NEW Beatles songs again I will barf. They
play them SO MANY TIMES in so many versions that you really wonder why Paul Ringo and George bothered...Now that George Harrison
is gone it makes things a bit sad..What is cool tho, as somebody that was a  young man when the Beatles were "happening"
Is to see these guys 40 years ago. Part of the Beatles DC I got had Paul's performance at the 2005 superbowl..Paul is exactly 10 years
older then I am, which means Paul is pushing 70 pretty hard.. So to see the "fab four, mop tops" and to remember what it was
like at the time when not everybody loved the Beatles, and our culture has changed. George Martin put it VERY well in his
book "The Summer of Love" about the making of Sgt Pepper. When he said - something to the effect .. That the Beatles  helped
Pop culture to become the dominant world culture, whereas before it was a sort of  underlying culture.
I remember in the 50's and 60's there were "square" people and "cool, or hip" people. Now EVERYONE is cool and hip. Our world
has changed.
I saw a book on Amazon about how the Beatles Ruined popular music. In a way they did help it change in ways that
I do not personaly find very attractive, but that may well be just old age setting in..When the Beatles were popular folks that were
the age that I am now hated them. Alan Sherman (sort of a 60's Wierd Al Yerkovitch (spelling) ) Wrote a song in 65 to the tune of
Pop Goes the Weasel called "I  hate the Beatles
My daughter needs a new phonograph
she's worn out needles
besides I broke the old one in half
I HATE THE BEATLES
Go figure

Best
Jim in Gold Bar

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »

I have it - There are lot's of little differences between the official and director's cuts.

Well worth having, imho  :)

List of differences in Director's Cut Anthology

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:15:40 AM by Sir John Johns »

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2009, 01:50:55 AM »

It's on youtube  ;)

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2009, 02:04:58 AM »

might have to check that out. thanks !
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 49 queries.