Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: I like George's singing but....  (Read 69082 times)

7 of 13

• Getting Better
Re: I like George's singing but....
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2011, 04:32:37 AM »

i have posted my own thoughts and opinions. you are being intellectually dishonest when you say that i am not offering up my own viewpoints or that my posts are derogatory. i have been the subject of numerous childish insults in this thread, and the bullying i was referring to comes mostly from you.  roll:)
day tripper yeah

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »

No, it's moderating.  If you perceive it as anything else, then perhaps this Forum is not for you.
I can stay till it's time to go

Bobber

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2011, 08:16:49 AM »

Disagreeing is what discussion forums like this are based upon. Besides that, music as a piece of art is subject to taste. And that is subject to acceptance in itself.

Should I put this in Latin? ;D

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »

I tried to bring us all down to a civil manner with two posts last night  ;), but they didnt work. I thought the thread was locked.

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »

hey,let's get something in perspective here folks.....as has been said before we all love the beatles,and that is why we are on this site in the first place.that we may not agree on all things beatle related is surely human nature,i know that i argued strongly a few months back about the help and rubber soul albums (something or other about them anyway) and a few others disagreed but it was all in the name of being a fan of the band.some forum members love everything beatle related and will hear nothing said against their heroes,that's fine.others like myself,tkitna,bobber,nimrod,kevin (to name only a few)enjoy putting points over that others may not have thought about but it will get the old brain cells working.
there will always be something to feel strong about but let's not fall out over something as trivial as this.i don't see what kind of good posting a video of bill shatner singing lucy in the sky would do in an argument about georges' voice,but all the same nothing rude has been said about anything so let's get back on an even keel here!!!
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2011, 05:53:26 PM »

...i don't see what kind of good posting a video of bill shatner singing lucy in the sky would do in an argument about georges' voice, but all the same nothing rude has been said about anything so let's get back on an even keel here!!!
hmmm.... i supplied that video as a clear, distinct counter-example of someone whom clearly cannot sing and just is going through the motions. this is not a talking blues number.. but yet we are all familiar with william shatners "loose" treatment of lucy in the sky, even though there is some artistic integrity, it is still a novelty song.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:20:54 PM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

hmmm.... i supplied that video as a clear, distinct counter-example of someone whom clearly cannot sing and just is going through the motions. this is not a talking blues number.. but yet we are all familiar with william shatners "loose" treatment of lucy in the sky, even though there is some artistic integrity, it is still a novelty song.
but the point is that nobody has said that george couldn't sing.i could name a whole host of people who i think george had a better voice than.his voice fitted perfectly within the 3 part harmonies that the beatles sang.now come on,mr 7 of 13.i am appealing to your better nature here.surely you cannot put your hand on your heart and say that george harrison had the strongest voice in the beatles.because when all said and done,in a roundabout way that is what you are claiming,is it not?if that question went out,'who had the strongest voice in the beatles',i think i can safely say the george wouldn't get the vote.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »

but the point is that nobody has said that george couldn't sing.
wrong. to be perfectly honest... plenty here have said precisely that and/or have implied the same, and also that he barely knew how to play the guitar, his songs are throw-aways, the lyrics simplistic, worked hard to learn the guitar, etc. everything stated here is just an opinion, but reading some of the tedious, dogmatic assertions here one would think otherwise. and yes i do think george had a good singing voice, as you have said his harmonies are flawless. perhaps you misinterpret my simple and direct statements.  ???
day tripper yeah

Bobber

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2011, 09:31:15 PM »

Reread. It is said that SOME of his songs are mediocre or throw aways. There is nothing wrong with that. John wrote throwaways as did Paul. I have said that I think that, listening to the songs where George sings lead, his voice is not the best example of a convincing lead vocal. But perhaps you misinterpret my simple and direct statements as well.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »

Why cant I post in this thread?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »

Thats the third time i've typed out a long post and lost it. Maybe I am a dummy. I cant even post on the forum anymore and I dont think George Harrison was perfect. Whats next?

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2011, 11:22:29 PM »

wrong. to be perfectly honest... plenty here have said precisely that and/or have implied the same, and also that he barely knew how to play the guitar, his songs are throw-aways, the lyrics simplistic, worked hard to learn the guitar, etc. everything stated here is just an opinion, but reading some of the tedious, dogmatic assertions here one would think otherwise. and yes i do think george had a good singing voice, as you have said his harmonies are flawless. perhaps you misinterpret my simple and direct statements.  ???
oh,sorry about that then if that is what you think....well i certainly never said that george couldn't sing-and i never said he couldn't play guitar either.in complete contrast,george is one of my favourite players.i have never been into the hendrix-y kind of playing and georges' style was perfect in my opinion.what a shame, that you cannot seem to grasp the fact that we are all george/beatle fans who's opinions differ somewhat every now and again.we all think george was great despite what we are stating;-pity that fact is being clouded in your head.sorry 7 of 13 but george harrison did not have the greatest of singing voices when he sang on his own.nuff said.but i like his voice...............

nimrod

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2011, 11:45:13 PM »

the first thing I wrote when i started this thread was.........'i like georges singing.....'

that means i think he could sing and i liked it  4ac

not my fault if 7 of 13 acts like a 7 goin on 8 year old  ha2ha
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:47:13 AM by nimrod »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2011, 12:41:13 AM »

Disagreeing is what discussion forums like this are based upon. Besides that, music as a piece of art is subject to taste. And that is subject to acceptance in itself.

Should I put this in Latin? ;D

In discordia hic forum fundat.  Etiam musica intelligentia est subiectum.  Quod acceptio subiectum est.

;D

nimrod

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »

In discordia hic forum fundat.  Etiam musica intelligentia est subiectum.  Quod acceptio subiectum est.

;D

thats easy for you to say.....

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2011, 12:59:21 AM »

Piece of p*ss, mate.  ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2011, 12:59:36 AM »

Morsum urina!

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2011, 01:58:03 AM »

i like how he says the word 'weird' in all those years ago . .
-
also how he said it was gonna take a 'whole lot of spending money' in got my mind set on you
-
his voice gets ballistic at the end of wah wah
-
i'm partial to don't ever change -  george shines on those vocals
-------------------------------------------
-
listen to golden slumbers and all i've got to do if you think george is in john or paul's league for singing
or yesterday and don't let me down
-
then again - sometimes hearing marvin gaye or otis redding has me thinking that john just "carries a tune" - comparatively speaking
-
it's whatever

. . . . for the first half of the beatles' fame, george played the key role of having a third kind of personality for a certain demographic of teenaged girl to have a crush on
-
so . . . . . . GET PAID !  ;yes

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2011, 02:19:34 AM »

also how he said it was gonna take a 'whole lot of spending money' in got my mind set on you

I've Got My Mind Set On You

James Ray - I've Got My Mind Set On You (Parts 1 & 2) [Stereo - 1962]

James Ray   1962

;)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:43:50 AM by Hello Goodbye »

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2011, 02:31:13 AM »

aw mannn !
thanks for the music knowledge h.g. - but i'm disappointed because i thought it was a george original
-
-
-
furthermore, when i heard an 80's george talk about it's gonna take alot of money to do it right... i was like....
DAMN ! george is pulling out all the stops ! he's dipping deep into that beatles cash to court a girl !
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Page created in 0.526 seconds with 80 queries.