Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Who Will You Vote For?  (Read 10051 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: Who Will You Vote For?
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2004, 06:07:12 AM »

No worries.....then again, how many teens under the age drink? Most.

I don't however. I get drunk on politics.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

strutter84

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2004, 06:28:10 AM »

lol.  Drunk on politics, that's pretty good.  I prefer to get drunk on music myself. 

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2004, 07:22:30 AM »

Yeah, music is also a good scotch. But politics can be riveting.......my heroes, Dean and Nader, had a debate earlier today. Good stuff.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

strutter84

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2004, 07:48:02 PM »

My heroes, Page and Plant are working on a new DVD.  Good stuff.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2004, 08:14:35 PM »

[quote by=strutter84 link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=43 date=1089488882]My heroes, Page and Plant are working on a new DVD.  Good stuff.[/quote]

Page and Plant DVD? Or Zeppelin DVD?

strutter84

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2004, 08:28:10 PM »

Well, a new Led Zeppelin DVD is definitely planned for the near future.  But they've just completed working on a Page/Plant Un-Ledded DVD.  No release date has yet been announced though.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2004, 12:52:36 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=conversations,m=1088807857,s=25 date=1089332846]Oh, who blew the shutout of Bush.

Paul McCartney :)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2004, 12:55:32 AM »

Well, we've still got a few months to change your mind.  ;)

daytrip202

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2004, 07:22:07 AM »

I picked bush for now, not that I really like him.  However, at least Bush is consistent.  Kerry flip flops too much for me.  I don't think Kerry is going to make anything any better than Bush will.  Also, Kerry is pro-choice, which in my book is reason enough not to vote for him.  At least I think he is, I know he was I heard he changed his mind, but I could be wrong.  In any case either he is pro-choice which makes me not want to vote for him, or he is not now which is just another example of his flip flopping.
STILL p*ssED AT YOKO

strutter84

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2004, 06:52:42 AM »

You're right, Bush is consistent.  When one of his lies gets blown wide open, he always finds another to make the American people choke on so he can do whatever he wants. 

And abortion is not an issue one should use as a decissive factor in who they vote for.  Abortion will never be illegalized again.  It's here to stay, and though it's a terrible thing, it needs to be legal.  Do you even know why it was made legal in the first place?  Because before it was legal, and done professionally women would do it themselves, or have back alley doctors perform the procedures for them.  They would beat their stomachs or try to stab the babies with close hangers, and alot of times they just ended up with deformed and retarded babies, or dead babies, along with dead mothers.  That's what it will go back to.  And George Bush is so retarded, that he outlawed stem-cell research, the one good thing that can come from abortion.  3 years of research down the drain.  They could have cured cancer, or alzheimers, or MS by now with 3 years of research.  And just think of all the hundreds (maybe thousands) of research specimens that had to be just thrown away because of it.  I ask you.......does conservativism really do any good?  I think not.  The world changes all the time, and our government needs to be willing to let us change with it.  I don't want to have a government that passes judgement on those who believe what they have a right to believe.  If it were up to the Republicans, they'd burn everyone who wasn't Christian at the stake.

daytrip202

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2004, 07:47:23 AM »

you are right, it would go back to doing it illegally and not as safely, however in that case, a lot of people doing it may think twice.  It would still save lives.  And you are probably also right that it will not go away.  However, I still cannot have a clean conscience if I help put someone in office who's standards are so low that he supports killing babies.  Maybe stealing life of another person isn't a big deal to you, but its a big deal to me.
STILL p*ssED AT YOKO

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 08:09:20 AM »

Abortion is not going to be legalized, neither will socialized health care come about......these are just wedge issues that the parties bring up, most often during the Presidential races...it was a conservative Supreme Court that decided to legalize abortion....the Conservatives aren't going to ever illegalize abortion or go along with a lot of other issues that the religious right believes in....it's a party built on corporations....Halliburton, Enron....it's all corporations....they'll just keep appealing to people against abortion, but they would never try to stop it, even if they could, because then they would lose an issue that gets them so many voters.....the Democratic party isn't too different either when they say socialized health care....Clinton mentioned it, but never really did much to try and get a nationwide system like Canada's......I really don't think Kerry will do it either....

strutter84

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2004, 05:10:26 PM »

@daytrip202

But you will have a clear conscience voting for someone who sent hundreds of 18, 19, 20 year old American boys to their deaths for the sake of an oil well or two?  Democrats are not "pro abortion" like you think.  It's not like they would advise a woman to get an abortion; quite the contrary in fact.  They would all advise any woman against getting an abortion in any situation, but they understand that it has to be kept legalized for the reasons I mentioned.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2004, 09:38:27 PM »

who the hell does Ralph Nader think he is?  And Daytrip, it a frivolous struggle to try and illegalize abortion.  Like Rowdy said, Republicans would never fix a problem that brings them so many voters.  Please people no more Bush.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2004, 01:48:17 AM »

My vote goes to the Kerry Edwards ticket. Not because their Democrats but because America NEEDS a CHANGE in leadership.

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2004, 02:46:46 AM »

It's always the same bull. Everyone wants to oust the old president and vote for the "new guy," thinking that's going to make such a big difference. And when it doesn't - as usual - then what? Believe me, all the Kerryites will be voting him out too in a few years.

No wonder I've never voted...

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2004, 04:44:47 AM »

Well Kerry's big speech was tonight, and I think he did okay compared to how numbingly stiff he normally is.  I find it really hard to connect with him on a personal level, something about him.  The content of the speech was good though.  Kerry/Edwards '04!

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2004, 05:19:13 AM »

I watched Kerry's speech for about 2 minutes. I already know I'm voting for the guy so I don't really need to be bored to death. He's okay, but not much of a dynamic speaker! I missed Ron Reagan yesterday. Wonder how he did.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2004, 05:19:44 AM »

P.S.

Does Al Sharpton think we're all deaf? Ugh!

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2004, 06:20:21 AM »

Well, I'm not old enough to vote, but if I were to vote I'd go for...

I'm sure someone will wanna hit me for it, but its who I chose, I'm actually part of his reelection campaign.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 84 queries.