Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Ukraine - Crimea  (Read 44698 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Ukraine - Crimea
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 09:17:05 PM »

So once again goverments, including my own, put a spin on the news for their own political purposes.

Cor, I think you're getting a clearer picture as to what's going on.
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 05:16:48 AM »

You won't know for sure until you go there yourself and go and count the amounts of Russians troops in Crimea. But then, if that is the way you think, you won't believe that The Beatles existed, only because you didn't see them yourself.

It looks like we talk about God or that the Earth is round.
Everybody talks about troops but nobody saw them  roll:)

I mean at least there are no any materials, when you see them and say, yes, it is russians.
Cor, what are independent sources? I just wonder.

In the end, it doesn't matter. If there is no troops then they could be there. And it doesn't matter that you or me think that national borders are inviolable, because our leaders don't think so. And every 5-10 years they make wars.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 05:38:25 AM »

What is Criema sutuation now?

Crimea government does not recognize the new Ukranian government, which was not elected by the people of Ukraine. Crimea declared independence yesterday. On the 16th of March there will be a referendum, and people will vote if they want to be a part of Russia. Many people of Crimea think they will live better in Russian, because Russian Economy is much better then Ukranian. Maybe they will. But Crimea is an economic burden. And Russian people will pay for Crimea as we are already paying for Olympic Games: ruble fell, all prices rose  :( And I don't imagine how Crimea will live without energy and fresh water which are supplied from the Ukraine territory.

My wife with parrents planned to leave for Crimea for a month with my sin, but it seems they couldn't because of tense in Crimea  :'(

Bobber

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 09:05:53 AM »

Reuters is commonly known as an independent press agency.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 10:32:38 AM »

Thomson family is independent from what? I think to be independent you should live in space, maybe. I read Reuters, but again in one case they wrote under a picture of troops `Armed men, believed to be Russian servicemen', in article they wrote `Russian troops have seized control of the Black Sea peninsula, where separatists have taken over the provincial government and are preparing for Sunday's referendum, which the West calls illegal.' Everyone chooses for themselves whom to believe.

Latest news:

A Ukrainian aircraft will carry out an observation flight over Russia upon Kyiv's request, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov said.

"On March 11 Ukraine submitted the request to hold an emergency observation flight over Russia. Such a mission is being requested for the first time in the framework of the Open Skies Treaty signed in 1992. And even though we have no obligations to take the Ukrainian jet, we have decided to allow the observation group to carry out such a flight," Antonov told reporters on Wednesday.

"We expect that our neighbors will make sure that the Russian Armed Forces are conducting no military activities threatening Ukraine's security at its border," the deputy minister said.

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/195622.html

Norwegian inspectors will make an observation flight over Russia within the framework of the Treaty on Open Skies from March 12 to March 15, the Defence Ministry’s press service told Itar-Tass on Tuesday.

http://en.itar-tass.com/world/690751

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 10:40:41 AM »

Bad news for Ukranian people:

The Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine's parliament, has confirmed the country's course towards integration into the European Union and approved initial steps in this direction.

The parliament also authorized Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk to sign the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement on behalf of Ukraine as soon as possible.

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/195698.html

This EU-Ukraine Association Agreement will do no good for the country because of unfavorable conditions. It would be interesting to read this post in the next year, to look back and to see what's happening  :)

Bobber

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 10:22:42 AM »

Bad news for Ukranian people:
http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/195698.html

This EU-Ukraine Association Agreement will do no good for the country because of unfavorable conditions. It would be interesting to read this post in the next year, to look back and to see what's happening  :)

Maybe it's better news than having to deal with the ideas of Putin/Medvedev.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 10:11:33 PM »

In my morning paper Axionov, the probable Prime Minister of Russian Crimea, is compared to Al Capone !

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 07:20:20 AM »

In Moscow people stood against War in Ukraine and here is what happend next:

More pics: http://mon-montblanc.livejournal.com/3514676.html

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 09:40:18 AM »

To avoid war maybe Ukraine could sell Crimea to Russia.
Ukraine would be richer and Russia would avoid economic sanctions and keep its naval base.

Here's an interesting map that shows frontiers can change a lot over time.

http://loiter.co/v/watch-as-1000years-of-european-boarders-change/

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 12:15:05 PM »

I don't know. I don't know how Ukraine can sell Crimea to Russia if Power in Ukraine was seized illegally. Ukraine people didn't choose Arseniy Yatsenyuk as a prime minister. Imagine there was a riot in Paris, François Hollande left France, and some group of people decide to rule the France and to sell it's part.

Bobber

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »

Wake up. Janukovitch was responsible for the dead of too many people. It was pretty obvious that a majority of people, at least in the Western part of the country, wanted him to go. It would be better if new elections were held right now, not just about and in Crimea.
Speaking of illegally seized power... do you think that Russia's current leaders were elected an a fully legal way?

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

I don't know. I don't know how Ukraine can sell Crimea to Russia if Power in Ukraine was seized illegally. Ukraine people didn't choose Arseniy Yatsenyuk as a prime minister. Imagine there was a riot in Paris, François Hollande left France, and some group of people decide to rule the France and to sell it's part.

If there was another May '68 (riots and shutdowns throughout France) and Hollande left the country (as did De Gaulle) there would be at the very least new national elections and some compromise to satisfy the unrest. If not there'd be a change of Republic (we're up to Republic N° 5 at the moment). And if that wasn't enough there would be a revolution.

I imagine that killing the king in France and the tsar in Russia was considered illegal when it happened !

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »

Crimea in now belong to Russia. Putin signed and most russians supported him. Though I believe that Crimea is russian I feel myself as I am a companion in crime, I don't like how it happend and I don't believe Putin. I will write more tomorrow, because I'm something like out of my mind now.

KelMar

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 05:34:44 PM »

I'm sorry things are so difficult right now Dmitry.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 10:43:57 PM »

Yeah, don't be too hard on yourself Dmitry.

nimrod

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »

Im praying there is no 'ethnic cleansing' like there was in what was Yugoslavia

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 04:48:06 AM »

Putin: Crimea similar to Kosovo, West is rewriting its own rule book (FULL SPEECH)

In Sevastopol:
Тысячи севастопольцев на площади П.С. Нахимова слушали обращение своего Президента
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:52:51 AM by Dmitry »

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 06:30:24 AM »

We have already an article in Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Crimean_crisis

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 07:26:48 AM »

I was wondering why Putin needs Crimea right now. I think the answer is South Stream (a gas pipeline to transport Russian natural gas through the Black Sea to Bulgaria and further to Greece, Italy and Austria)

I just can't stand histeria around Crimea. Almost all my friends and people I know support Putin now, but before many cursed and hated it. People went blind  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Page created in 0.785 seconds with 77 queries.