Beatles forums > The Beatles

Visiting London

(1/3) > >>

blmeanie:
In a few weeks we are taking the family to visit my oldest in London.  She has been studying abroad since January.

My daughter and wife likely have over planned the five days (I get told on a need to know basis) we will be there but hey know I want a family picture crossing the cross walk at Abbey Road.

What small things (Beatles) to fit in should I try to include?  This is my first time to London.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Bobber:
There is a book about Beatles places in London. Wasn't it written by Mark Lewisohn?

Bobber:
http://www.beatlesinlondon.com/

zipp:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on October 26, 2014, 01:38:13 AM ---In a few weeks we are taking the family to visit my oldest in London.  She has been studying abroad since January.

My daughter and wife likely have over planned the five days (I get told on a need to know basis) we will be there but hey know I want a family picture crossing the cross walk at Abbey Road.

What small things (Beatles) to fit in should I try to include?  This is my first time to London.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

--- End quote ---

Go to where the Apple offices were in Savile Row. The building is still there so you can look up and imagine the Beatles playing on the roof. It's near Regent Street which is famous for its shopping and architecture so you'll probably be going near there anyway. Just make sure you know exactly where Savile Row is since its a small street not on the main thoroughfare.

blmeanie:
thanks all, heading over soon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version