Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 6 days away!  (Read 2086 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
6 days away!
« on: October 09, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »

Going to the McCartney show in Atlanta in 6 days.  Not huge news but I have something that happened last night that I want to share.

During the work day I received an email from either Ticketmaster or somebody about the show, a reminder.

Fast forward to when I got in the car to go home and my normal thing is to continue on shuffle on my ipod plugged into the car stereo.

4 of the first 5 songs I heard were Paul solo songs, almost as if the ipod got the reminder too and felt it was appropriate to goose the music I would listen to last night.  Because I actually was picking up one of my daughters from a music lesson I had a longer drive than normal.  I probably heard 7 or 8 McCartney and/or Beatle songs in total last night out of probably 10 total I heard.

My ipod has ~ 1000 songs on it at the moment.  Guessing that McCartney solo and Beatles comprise 250.  To get 70-80% hit seems unlikely.

To top it off, this morning, for my normal commute to work, the song I paused it on last night finished and then immediately jumped into Everybody Out There.  Something going on here.  Can't wait to get in the car tonight!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: 6 days away!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:33:19 PM »

Congrats BL.  Enjoy the show.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:54:52 PM »

Going to the McCartney show in Atlanta in 6 days.  Not huge news but I have something that happened last night that I want to share.

During the work day I received an email from either Ticketmaster or somebody about the show, a reminder.

Fast forward to when I got in the car to go home and my normal thing is to continue on shuffle on my ipod plugged into the car stereo.

4 of the first 5 songs I heard were Paul solo songs, almost as if the ipod got the reminder too and felt it was appropriate to goose the music I would listen to last night.  Because I actually was picking up one of my daughters from a music lesson I had a longer drive than normal.  I probably heard 7 or 8 McCartney and/or Beatle songs in total last night out of probably 10 total I heard.

My ipod has ~ 1000 songs on it at the moment.  Guessing that McCartney solo and Beatles comprise 250.  To get 70-80% hit seems unlikely.

To top it off, this morning, for my normal commute to work, the song I paused it on last night finished and then immediately jumped into Everybody Out There.  Something going on here.  Can't wait to get in the car tonight!

Enjoy the show. I'm envious!

Fab4Fan

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 01:02:52 AM »

Enjoy the show!

I considered going to the Atlanta show (b/c that's where my daughter is attending college) but Jacksonville is closer for me and I won't have to take any time off work b/c the Jax show is on a Saturday.

I do want to share that I will be in (solo) Beatles heaven b/c I will be seeing both Ringo and Paul in concert on consecutive Saturdays in Jacksonville, FL (Ringo on 10/18 and Paul on 10/25). An added bonus is that my daughter will be at the Macca concert with me (her 1st McCartney concert). She went to a Ringo concert w/ me 2 years ago and loved it. It's great when your kids also love the Beatles!

I hope you all have a great day!
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »

you won't be disappointed, always a fun show.

I had with me a friend that had never seen Paul before and himself in two bands in NYC.  He has great respect for Paul and the Beatles but was the type of younger fan (31) that didn't realize some of the songs he was hearing was from Paul/former Beatle.  I had fun seeing his reactions and how impressed he was with the 3+ hour show in general.

Also had behind us, a couple that had driven down from Tennessee and obviously had never seen Paul live before.  While I agree with many here about the sameness of Paul's shows and by now (7th time seeing him) I could recite the story about Blackbird, the lead in to the George tribute, and the Jimi Hendrix learning Pepper over a weekend comments, I was fascinated and enjoyed listening to their reactions on everything.  The wife was almost in tears a few times while the husband was beside himself in joy at the moment of each song when he recognized what song it was.  The price of the seats, them sounding like they were from rural Tennessee (no offense intended), I got the impression they had saved and saved for this EVENT and from their reactions throughout the night I kept envisioning this being some kind of once in a lifetime event for them.

Had a great time-  enjoy the show Saturday Fab4Fan and share your thoughts afterwards.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:13:32 PM by blmeanie »

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 12:57:04 AM »

The Paul McCartney concert in Nashville marked my 5th time seeing the man in concert. Something that I never dreamed to be possible when I was just getting into the Beatles during Jr. High.

It was my first time experiencing a "limo/suv watch" and the 2 or so hours of waiting paid off with seeing the man himself just a couple feet away. What a thrill that was. It was also my first Macca gig from the floor and let me tell you, being that close to the stage, it gives you a whole different feel and perspective of the show. You're right there in the thick of things and no amount of words can express the incredible emotions and the impact that Paul's music has had on my life and numerous others. Also, the fact that he saw my sign, smiled and pointed at me during the concert was great.

I don't have a voice left and I'd do it all over again because McCartney concerts are a beautiful thing.

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 50 queries.