Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: One On One Tour  (Read 16892 times)

Bobber

One On One Tour
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »

PAUL McCARTNEY 'ONE ON ONE'
First Dates Of New Tour Confirmed

NORTH AMERICA:
13th April: SaveMart Arena - Fresno, CA
15th April: Moda Center - Portland, OR
17th April: Key Arena- Seattle, WA
19th April: Rogers Arena - Vancouver, BC
20th April: Rogers Arena - Vancouver, BC
30th April: Verizon Arena - Little Rock, AR
02nd May: Denny Sanford Premier Center - Sioux Falls, SD

EUROPE:
28th May: Esprit Arena - Dusseldorf, Germany
2nd June: Vicente Calderon - Madrid, Spain
10th June: Olympic Stadium - Munich, Germany
12th June: Pinkpop Festival - Landgraaf, The Netherlands
14th June: Waldbuhne - Berlin, Germany
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: One On One Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »

I hope all these folks have better luck getting tickets than I did! LOL

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:18:45 PM »

Sad but I think Paul should quit the touring now, his voice has gone.

Is he ruining the Beatles legacy ?
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 01:02:49 AM »

He still fills the stadiums.  I think everybody realizes he's 70+ years old at this point, so I don't think he's ruining any legacy.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 09:55:25 AM »

I think a lot of people come to SEE him and sing along with all the songs they know so well. Everybody should understand that the voice of a man of 73 is not the same as the voice of a 20- or even 50-year old. But as long as Paul and his audience enjoy it.... Why not?

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:19:22 AM »

Still a great performer, still sounds fine, not as good as when he was 30 or 40 but good still.  Looking forward to seeing the Man some more.

He made it into a dream a week or so ago, he was just hanging out with me and the family at the lake, I was very anxious about what to feed him, knew the burgers we were about to throw on the grill wouldn't cut it...woke up

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »

He's well beyond his best. But I'd go see him. As Bobber says, just seeing him perform would be enough. Not going to be too many chances left. And even if the higher notes aren't there the musicality would be.

A friend of mine once went to see the Australian opera singer June Bronhill perform late in her career. Bronhill had actually gone significantly deaf. My friend said that, despite the pitch problems this caused, the showmanship and other qualities still came through and were enough to justify seeing her. I think seeing Paul would be similar.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »

Really all he has to do is make the crowd sing along to him, and his voice wouldn't be an noticeable.

I think most people know his lyrics!!!  ;D
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 08:22:40 PM »

I'm happy to see he has a date scheduled in Sioux Falls, SD. (Now if I could only afford tickets for me and the kids!) He came to Fargo, ND, a year or so ago. Most big acts just pass us by.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 09:49:17 PM »

I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 01:00:15 AM »

I'm happy to see he has a date scheduled in Sioux Falls, SD. (Now if I could only afford tickets for me and the kids!) He came to Fargo, ND, a year or so ago. Most big acts just pass us by.

That would be nice if you could! I tried so hard to see him when he came to Buffalo but tickets sold out in three minutes. I sat by a couple at the Fab Four concert who paid 1100 dollars a piece for tickets to Paul's show, on Stub Hub. They said it was the best concert they ever saw and I thought, "I sure hope so!"

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 11:09:10 AM »

Personally Id be ok with Paul carrying on but I go on a football forum with approx 50,000 members of all ages, most of them are not like us ie besotted with them thar Beatles  ha2ha

His tour was mentioned in off topic and quite a large number of young members were saying he cant sing, he's hopeless, he looks stupid in that wig, better singers in the pub etc etc

I felt a bit hurt being a Fab fan and I dont want him to loose credibility as I love Paul very much, I suppose sometimes we have to see things through different eyes
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »

Personally Id be ok with Paul carrying on but I go on a football forum with approx 50,000 members of all ages, most of them are not like us ie besotted with them thar Beatles  ha2ha

His tour was mentioned in off topic and quite a large number of young members were saying he cant sing, he's hopeless, he looks stupid in that wig, better singers in the pub etc etc

I felt a bit hurt being a Fab fan and I dont want him to loose credibility as I love Paul very much, I suppose sometimes we have to see things through different eyes

You can't listen to those people, they were saying the same thing 30 years ago about him

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 12:45:56 AM »

You can't listen to those people, they were saying the same thing 30 years ago about him

The difference is 30 years ago he could sing, very well

Nowadays I agree with them, there are better singers in the pub, and I hate the fact that he is ruining his legend status by carrying on, I worry about Paul losing his credibility with people not like us

I wish I could explain this better as no-one yet seems to understand what Im banging on about  :-\
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

KelMar

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 02:55:49 AM »

I wish I could explain this better as no-one yet seems to understand what Im banging on about  :-\

I understand what you're saying Kev. For some of us The Beatles are so much a part of our lives that we feel protective of them, kind of like family. But even though some people just don't get it plenty of people do. They appreciate the chance to see part of what made The Beatles so great. Even though he's not the same as he was early in his solo career he will go down in history very well.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »

I understand what you're saying Kev. For some of us The Beatles are so much a part of our lives that we feel protective of them, kind of like family. But even though some people just don't get it plenty of people do. They appreciate the chance to see part of what made The Beatles so great. Even though he's not the same as he was early in his solo career he will go down in history very well.

Thank you darlink  xx
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »

this has to be the most common discussion on these boards, whether Paul should keep performing or not.

- most live shows have left me thinking or wishing the performers had sounded more like the recorded songs but the show is a part of it.  I think some of that has infected people's opinions of Paul's shows, wishing he sounds like a recording.

- <new take> Paul touring, at his age, comforts me tremendously.  The feeling I get that he is touring still is that his health is extraordinary and nowhere near calling it a life.  I love this.  If he disappeared from public view, wasn't constantly touring, I would begin to wonder when the day would come that he was in the hospital or, gasp, gone for good.

Tour, tour, tour...yeah Paul!

KelMar

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 11:57:05 PM »

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 10:11:42 PM »

:-*

come over to Oz sweetie Kell and I'll make you a nice cup of Billy tea   ;)

Kevin

All You Need Is Love

KelMar

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 03:43:18 AM »

come over to Oz sweetie Kell and I'll make you a nice cup of Billy tea   ;)

Put the billy on; I'll be there in 24 hours.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.646 seconds with 79 queries.