Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Guitar Article  (Read 3717 times)

KelMar

Guitar Article
« on: June 27, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Guitar Article
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 01:14:08 AM »

It's really happening, Kelley.  The younger generation would rather play Rock Band on their Playstations, I reckon.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 01:35:44 AM »

:'(

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:47:20 PM »

That is truly sad.  :(

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »

For guitar to be prominent you need a few hit bands going around.  Really what bands that aren't hangovers from an earlier era are high in the charts or big touring acts nowadays? I can't pretend to be that familiar with current music charts but it seems to be all Beyoncé, Kanye, Taylor Swift and Adele at the moment. The indie charts seem dominated by acoustic based acts ( lots of sensitive folky types)  The last person I can think of as a "guitar hero" of sorts was Jack White of the White Stripes. We seem to have gone back to a pre Beatles era in popular music in more ways than one.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 09:41:48 PM »

I agree, Moog.  And those singers you mentioned are probably Auto-Tuned.

Here's a guitar hero that deserves more recognition...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uAUoz7jimg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uAUoz7jimg</a>

Guitar solo by Terry Kath

Damn!  That Stratocaster has nothing left to say!

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 08:33:39 PM »

In my Life:  I enjoyed the article. I read it previously but enjoyed the re-read.  I really liked the song "Rumble" that was referenced in it so I decided to post the YouTube link for it.  It really sounds kind of modern to me for something that was created in 1958.  It's funny but I don't remember ever hearing it in my lifetime.  I like the way the guitar reverberates after the midpoint and during the fade out of the song.  Also, I'm not really worried about guitar sales but if you're working in that industry, I can see where you're coming from.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTg6rZJCu4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTg6rZJCu4</a>

Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 09:38:50 PM »

Re: the article:  I think it said that acoustics sales were up in comparison to electrics.  This tells me that there's a new market for guys who play for themselves.  I've known 3 guys at different times in my life who seemed to have no desire to be in a band.  I think there's a lot of guitar players like this.  So, an acoustic should really be appealing to them because who needs an electric other than for amplification?  If you're playing for yourself, what do you need to turn up the volume for?

Guitars will always be popular because they're so easy to carry around.  And six strings to learn - not bad - not too many elements to master.  Get to know the frets for each string and a couple of chords and presto - You're a Guitar God!

I've given up on my guitar fantasies.  I will never learn to play it well.  At this point in time, I'm thinking of donating them to a school.  I only have five now but I've had more in the past.  I think a lot of guitarists like to have multiple collections of guitars.  Can you imagine a pianist having a dozen pianos?  No, I can't but I can imagine a life long guitar player having a dozen guitars or more.  They probably like the excitement of buying something new, too.

Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 10:43:06 PM »

Re: the article:  I think it said that acoustics sales were up in comparison to electrics.  This tells me that there's a new market for guys who play for themselves.  I've known 3 guys at different times in my life who seemed to have no desire to be in a band.  I think there's a lot of guitar players like this.  So, an acoustic should really be appealing to them because who needs an electric other than for amplification?  If you're playing for yourself, what do you need to turn up the volume for?

Guitars will always be popular because they're so easy to carry around.  And six strings to learn - not bad - not too many elements to master.  Get to know the frets for each string and a couple of chords and presto - You're a Guitar God!

I've given up on my guitar fantasies.  I will never learn to play it well.  At this point in time, I'm thinking of donating them to a school.  I only have five now but I've had more in the past.  I think a lot of guitarists like to have multiple collections of guitars.  Can you imagine a pianist having a dozen pianos?  No, I can't but I can imagine a life long guitar player having a dozen guitars or more.  They probably like the excitement of buying something new, too.

Unlike guitar based rock bands there’s not shortage of acoustic types going around. Ed Sheeran fills stadiums as a one man act. So the main role model for young guitarists are acoustic at the moment.

Guitarists buy lots of guitars as each one is different. The feel, the sound. I have five guitars I’ve collected over the decades  and they’re all good for different things. No doubt pianos differ as well but it’s probably harder to find space for six pianos. And they’re a lot more expensive. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 04:09:07 AM by Moogmodule »

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 11:36:57 PM »

Piano players collect keyboards and synths. (Look at Rick Wakeman) !

Guitar bands went out of fashion for a while but I think Oasis stopped that LoL.

It doesn't bother me if guitar bands fizzle out, Im purely Jazz now and occasionally old 60's 70s pop & rock. (still listen to Yes & Steely Dan)

I read a quote by Hilary Clinton about The Beatles recently, she loves them and said "The White Album is my past, present and future as far as music goes" I really liked that and know what she means. :)
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

KelMar

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 12:09:26 AM »

I read a quote by Hilary Clinton about The Beatles recently, she loves them and said "The White Album is my past, present and future as far as music goes" I really liked that and know what she means. :)

Hmm...I wonder if she bought the 50th anniversary super deluxe edition?    ;D

I know what she means, too.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 02:58:21 AM »

The article:  Hillary Clinton Reveals Favourite Beatle And When She Asked Keith Richards to Call Her Mother on Her Birthday

https://youtu.be/ocMokEhBM-o

Lost verse at 1:53

;D

Page created in 0.563 seconds with 64 queries.