Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Cee Lo Green changes Lennon's "Imagine" lyrics to include pro-religion message  (Read 29467 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?

I think i'm just going to imagine that John Lennon was an a**hole and leave it at that.

nimrod

I think i'm just going to imagine that John Lennon was an a**hole and leave it at that.

ha2ha

my view is that whether you think John was an a**hole or not (and I think we are all capable of that) I liked the fact that he used his fame to constantly promote love & peace and not war......even his xmas song is anti war.

I never saw Elvis, Jacko or Dylan do anything comparable with their influence.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

ha2ha

my view is that whether you think John was an a**hole or not (and I think we are all capable of that) I liked the fact that he used his fame to constantly promote love & peace and not war......even his xmas song is anti war.

Thats wonderful and thats how John wanted everybody to see him as the promoter of peace and love, when in truth, he was a horrible human being and manipulator. I dont buy his disguise.

7 of 13

• Getting Better

Instant Karma - John lennon
day tripper yeah

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

Once again, you've added nothing to the thread.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

Maybe he did, Todd.  You can't have a revolution without Madame Defarge!

ha2ha
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

Thats wonderful and thats how John wanted everybody to see him as the promoter of peace and love, when in truth, he was a horrible human being and manipulator. I dont buy his disguise.

whatever his reasons, Im glad he did it

Lennon93

• One And One Is Two

nimrod

So Im guessing Todd that if you won my imaginary competition and the prize was dinner and an evening at the Dakota with John you would turn it down ?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

So Im guessing Todd that if you won my imaginary competition and the prize was dinner and an evening at the Dakota with John you would turn it down ?

At this stage in my life, yes. I dont care if you believe me or not, but its true. 10 or even 5 years ago, I would have went.

nimrod

At this stage in my life, yes. I dont care if you believe me or not, but its true. 10 or even 5 years ago, I would have went.

No, I believe you Todd, its fair enough if you feel that way about him

7 of 13

• Getting Better

Maybe he did, Todd.  You can't have a revolution without Madame Defarge! ha2ha
nor can you have a proper revolution without zombies!

A Hard Day's Night of the Living Dead Trailer
day tripper yeah

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning

It is really clear that John got it wrong. I think what John was trying to go for was to explain the Holy Spirit, but thats not the whole picture. He never did get the whole picture.

You are the one who never gets the whole picture.

The Beatles (1960-1970) - John, Stu, Paul, George, Pete & Ringo

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

If I didnt know any better, i'd almost swear that your comment was personal.

The sad thing is that your right a good bit of the time. Sorry about my tangents lately.

nimrod

please keep to the thread topic and not personal remarks  :)

7 of 13

• Getting Better

for my money that's a pretty corrupt, self-serving, insensible, awful and delusional statement to make. imagine is a powerful track with powerful lyrics and a powerful message of world peace. John Lennon was an angel, his music changed the world.

cee lo green what is there to say, his bling bling interpretation is corny and corrupt. ???
 ;yes

john lennon Plays The Ukulele "its only love "
day tripper yeah

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning

If I didnt know any better, i'd almost swear that your comment was personal.

The sad thing is that your right a good bit of the time. Sorry about my tangents lately.

The point I was making is your replies seemed always have this authorative GTFOOH kind of tone.  As if your opinion is always the final word on a topic.

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

BeatlesAtTheirBest

• A Beginning

for my money that's a pretty corrupt, self-serving, insensible, awful and delusional statement to make. imagine is a powerful track with powerful lyrics and a powerful message of world peace. John Lennon was an angel, his music changed the world.

John might have been an Angel, but he could also be a theif, a bully and a selfish bas---- too. 

www.TheUltimateTrip.net

tkitna

• That Means a Lot

for my money that's a pretty corrupt, self-serving, insensible, awful and delusional statement to make.

John Lennon was an angel, his music changed the world.

Without spelling to much out for you, you do realize he was a womanizer, horrible father, herion junkie, drunk and an all around prick to most people he knew right?

Yeah, what a saint.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 1.209 seconds with 85 queries.