Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MDC facing Parole next month  (Read 6896 times)

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
MDC facing Parole next month
« on: September 22, 2004, 02:43:13 AM »

Lennon's murderer facing Parole Board hearing
21/09/2004 - 15:34:38

John Lennon

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: MDC facing Parole next month
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 03:04:16 AM »

Voices. Yeah right. Maybe it was the dog that was talking to Berkowitz.
Why should anyone that committed cold blooded murder ever be released? The person they killed sure doesn't get that chance. Sorry liberals but I just don't get it.

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 03:10:46 AM »

Yea, I agree, if you kill someone why should you have the right to a normal life when they don't.

MDC should have to sit and think, every day, about how he ruined the lives of Yoko, Julian, Sean, all of John's fans, and every child who will grow up never getting to know John Lennon.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 03:33:42 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095820993,s=1 date=1095822256] Sorry liberals but I just don't get it. [/quote]

Sorry compassionate conservatives, but your ol' buddy Jesus taught forgiveness.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 03:52:01 AM »

Hey!! I was just saying!

BTW, I'm not a conservative right winger who uses God to further my agenda. Far from it. I'm also not a bleeding heart liberal though. Anyway, forgiveness is one thing, but I have a hard time believing that people who commit such heinous crimes should be given the right to a normal life. I think if you take a life on purpose and in such a callous way, you just gave up your right to have that normal life. Sorry. I know it's not a popular belief or anything but I'm just being honest. Don't yell at me!

PS
Manslaughter and mental illness are different cases. I just don't happen to think MDC is mentally ill. But I haven't examined the guy so again it's just opinion.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

new siggie in honor of the "event" ANy one else want it http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/2062100/481977

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 05:22:49 AM »

[quote by=Beatle_Ed link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095820993,s=5 date=1095828900]new siggie in honor of the "event" ANy one else want it http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/2062100/481977[/quote]

Nice.

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 05:25:52 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095820993,s=4 date=1095825121]Hey!! I was just saying!

BTW, I'm not a conservative right winger who uses God to further my agenda. Far from it. I'm also not a bleeding heart liberal though. Anyway, forgiveness is one thing, but I have a hard time believing that people who commit such heinous crimes should be given the right to a normal life. I think if you take a life on purpose and in such a callous way, you just gave up your right to have that normal life.

Indeed.
Frankly I think the best justice system ever devised was the 'eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth'.  You callously kill someone you can expect to forfeit your life.
Rob someone and your possessions will be taken from you (in equal value to the initial robbery).  Beat some one up and you're going to get the same.

I swear, people would NOT do much of the stuff they do now.  They know better, and if it happened to them they'd be appalled.

I know this is a discredited justice concept but the more I live and the more I see it's the only one that makes sense to me.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 10:04:19 PM »

yeah, the voices thing is a little too far fetched for me. you can't blame doing a horrible, serious, tragic crime like that on "voices"...it's just not right. i hope he doesn't get released, it's definitely not fair
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2004, 10:40:01 PM »

Hey everyone who's got a website! Put this pic on there! Spread it around!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 12:11:46 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095820993,s=4 date=1095825121]Hey!! I was just saying!

BTW, I'm not a conservative right winger who uses God to further my agenda. Far from it. I'm also not a bleeding heart liberal though. Anyway, forgiveness is one thing, but I have a hard time believing that people who commit such heinous crimes should be given the right to a normal life. I think if you take a life on purpose and in such a callous way, you just gave up your right to have that normal life. Sorry. I know it's not a popular belief or anything but I'm just being honest. Don't yell at me! [/quote]

Very true. These are my views exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2004, 01:10:38 AM »

BTW, I'm not a conservative right winger who uses God to further my agenda. Far from it. I'm also not a bleeding heart liberal though. Anyway, forgiveness is one thing, but I have a hard time believing that people who commit such heinous crimes should be given the right to a normal life. I think if you take a life on purpose and in such a callous way, you just gave up your right to have that normal life. Sorry. I know it's not a popular belief or anything but I'm just being honest. Don't yell at me!

PS
Manslaughter and mental illness are different cases. I just don't happen to think MDC is mentally ill. But I haven't examined the guy so again it's just opinion. [/quote]

i wasnt yelling yknow i luv ya ;)

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2004, 02:38:47 AM »

I wonder if MDC realizes that life outside of prison may not be the best thing. He's made himself notorious for being the man who shot and killed John Lennon and I'm sure there will be someone willing to take him out.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 03:08:28 AM »

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 03:26:44 AM »

I signed the petition.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2004, 04:19:39 AM »

me too.

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2004, 08:27:25 AM »

after listening to this.. I'd never let him out.

http://www.geocities.com/laughtershock/Dakota/len_trib.ram
Made me cry like a girl

(real music player)

Kiss My Bad Self

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 12:23:23 PM »

an eye for an eye may seem fair and maybe it is but things never get resolved like that, everything just keeps going round an round an round an you get stuck.
You think your chocolate but your chewing gum.

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2004, 01:28:02 PM »

Ed thanks for posting that link. I remember those news casts, its still chilling to hear those all these years later.

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2004, 02:22:59 PM »

[quote by=Kiss_My_Bad_Self link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1095820993,s=17 date=1096028603]an eye for an eye may seem fair and maybe it is but things never get resolved like that, everything just keeps going round an round an round an you get stuck. [/quote]

But that's alright because eventually everyone is blind and no one can f*** with anyone else.

:)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.429 seconds with 88 queries.