Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: First Album You Bought  (Read 7080 times)

Beatles Memorabilia

• One And One Is Two
Re: First Album You Bought
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2008, 01:12:30 PM »

The one the only Sgt Pepper!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Fruitcake

• One And One Is Two
  • Anything can happen if you let it
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2008, 05:30:49 AM »

I went out and bought Hey Jude,Let It Be, Mystery Tour, Sgt Pepper's, and Abbey Road at the same time.

duane v

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »

My dad drove me to Gemco and I purchased Let it Be.... this was during the summer of 1970... I used my paper route earnings

raquelle

• One And One Is Two
  • Peace.Love.Revolution.
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 07:15:34 PM »

The Blue Album. this was a year or two ago. i had just started to develop an interest in the beatles, and my mom took me to the cd store to buy a cd by them. we took a look at all the selection (pretty scarce) and decided that i should get it. it was very expensive but when we got to the til we found out it was on sale for about half price.  :)
<br />[size=14][size=9]Limitless undying love which[/size]<br />shines around me like a million suns [/size]

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2008, 12:00:31 AM »

I remember, about a year ago, I told my mom "I'm going to Wal-mart" For what? "I'm getting a Beatles CD"She's like "BEATLES??" So I made the trek to my local Wal-mart and when i got there, the only albums they had were 'LOVE' and '1'.(cheap bargain market(nono)) As you can imagine, me bieng a young Beatles fan, I had no idea what the track listings on LOVE were talking about (i.e. 'Tomorrow Never Knows/ Within You, Without You),so I went with 1. After I finally got the wrapping off, I popped it one the player. After 70 minutes of that, my life was never the same afterwords. (aside from '1', my first album was Rubber Soul. The same unwrap, play, reflect cycle here and for every other album I bought)

P.S.- Taxman, I love your signature!
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2008, 01:22:20 AM »

The first Beatles album I received as a gift was the Red compilation album from my mom.  Loooooved it to death.  Ah, memories.

The first Beatles CD I bought was the White album.  (Actually, it was the first CD I had ever bought, period.)  

I remember being so excited to get it because I had just gotten a CD player for the first time.  All my Beatles albums at that time were on audiocassette (don't I feel old?), and I never had a chance to listen to the White album in full because it was never offered on tape.  I remember I was really sick that day with a fever and got to stay home from school, too.  I liked most of the White album upon my first full listening, but I was freaked out by "Revolution 9", as I'm other Beatle fans were!  LOL.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 51 queries.