Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The 49ers in London  (Read 1647 times)

stevie

• Getting Better
The 49ers in London
« on: October 24, 2013, 07:04:39 AM »

My NFL team, the San Francisco 49ers are in London at the moment, to play a game at Wembley this weekend ( a proper gamer too not an exhibition)

Anyway, the Facebook has the Niner helmet doing a photo tour around London's landmarks.

First stop?  Oh, yes, ABBEY ROAD!  Would love to see a shoot with four of our star players dressed in the same clothes as the Beatles and walk across! Lol

And for any Beatle nuts out there who don't know? The Niners home ground is Candlestick Park! Sadly this is their last season there where they have played since 1971. Before I started following the Niners in 1988, I had no idea where they played or indeed nothing about them. It was by sheer chance - long story - that I started following them and when I discovered the Stick was their ground, well, it was meant to happen! Lol

Doesn't get much better than this.  The mighty Niner helmet on Abbey Road, lol. http://www.49ers.com/photos/photo-gallery/49ers-Helmet-Tours-London/2c83cd44-18de-4c69-9099-82622f9c055c
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: The 49ers in London
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »

It was by sheer chance - long story - that I started following them and when I discovered the Stick was their ground, well, it was meant to happen! Lol

Indeed!

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »

I hope this will happen - Paul McCartney sets sights on Candlestick's last bow

My NFL team, the San Francisco 49ers are in London at the moment, to play a game at Wembley this weekend ( a proper gamer too not an exhibition)

Anyway, the Facebook has the Niner helmet doing a photo tour around London's landmarks.

First stop?  Oh, yes, ABBEY ROAD!  Would love to see a shoot with four of our star players dressed in the same clothes as the Beatles and walk across! Lol

And for any Beatle nuts out there who don't know? The Niners home ground is Candlestick Park! Sadly this is their last season there where they have played since 1971. Before I started following the Niners in 1988, I had no idea where they played or indeed nothing about them. It was by sheer chance - long story - that I started following them and when I discovered the Stick was their ground, well, it was meant to happen! Lol

Doesn't get much better than this.  The mighty Niner helmet on Abbey Road, lol. http://www.49ers.com/photos/photo-gallery/49ers-Helmet-Tours-London/2c83cd44-18de-4c69-9099-82622f9c055c

NYSPORTSFAN

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 10:25:36 PM »

Is football or to be politically correct American Football starting to be popular in the U.K. Your country might be getting a team over there.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »

Being a Seahawk fan, I can only wish the 49ers the worst over there.  ha2ha

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 02:12:07 AM »

5dp
Being a Seahawk fan, I can only wish the 49ers the worst over there.  ha2ha

Ouch, TK, I had forgotten that. The return game at the Stick will most likely determine a lot heading into the playoffs. Although you guys have a pretty soft schedule, lol. My Niners have the bye tomorrow, I will be lost without my fix!

Page created in 0.503 seconds with 49 queries.