Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Titan submersible  (Read 2029 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Titan submersible
« on: June 21, 2023, 11:34:50 PM »

I was dismayed to learn on Tuesday  that Paul-Henri Nargeolet is on this missing Titan submersible. I've never corresponded with him directly, but after 25+ years in the ocean liner community one can't help but feel concern. This screenshot sums it up nicely:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 11:37:10 PM by Normandie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Titan submersible
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 12:15:03 AM »

Let's hope this incident has a happy conclusion.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 01:05:49 AM »

Let's hope this incident has a happy conclusion.

I have been praying for their rescue. However, if they do not survive, then I certainly hope it was due to a compromise of the hull, which would mean an instantaneous death, instead of slowly dying in the cold dark of suffocation and dehydration.  :-\

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 03:37:40 AM »

^^^
Yes the slow way sounds horrible.  Seems like a miracle is needed from here.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 07:15:56 PM »

I've been literally sickened by some of the mocking comments made on social media about this event and the tasteless jokes, so I was heartened to read this beautiful post on Instagram from a member of the ocean liner community:

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 09:14:54 PM »

That is moving. The things on social media just prove my maxim that the majority of users are teenagers and the immature at heart. Which is why I never engage on social media.

Which isn’t to say there arent valid questions about the company’s approach to safety. They do seem to have been reckless. Which is fine if it’s just you going down. But when you start charging customers and accepting 19 year olds on your vessels safety has to be paramount.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 11:11:52 PM »

Which isn’t to say there arent valid questions about the company’s approach to safety. They do seem to have been reckless. Which is fine if it’s just you going down. But when you start charging customers and accepting 19 year olds on your vessels safety has to be paramount.

19 or 90 year olds. It makes no difference. These fast-biuck criminals shoiuld be held to account.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2023, 01:11:54 AM »

The things on social media just prove my maxim that the majority of users are teenagers and the immature at heart. Which is why I never engage on social media.

Agreed, and that is also why I too don't engage on social media, except for a few Instagram accounts. I used to, but I learned my lesson fairly quickly.  ;)

A lot of nastiness also shows up in comments on news sites, which I would think would comprise mostly adults. But from what I've been seeing lately, I'm beginning to doubt that. The meanness is disheartening. So I'll be skipping the comments sections from now on. 

19 or 90 year olds. It makes no difference. These fast-biuck criminals shoiuld be held to account.

Agreed. I'd never heard of this company, or of Stockton Rush, before this. I was dismayed at the corners they seem to have cut.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 01:13:41 AM by Normandie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2023, 02:41:30 AM »

I'd never heard of this company, or of Stockton Rush, before this. I was dismayed at the corners they seem to have cut.

The Titanic sea bottom site now includes the wreckage of Titan.  The similarity of the names is uncanny.  Even more unsettling is what contributed to the demise of both vessels...

I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 1.177 seconds with 53 queries.