Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Should've been on the RED Album  (Read 4664 times)

dbone828

• A Beginning
Should've been on the RED Album
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:18:06 AM »

Which songs do you think should have been included on the Red Album compilation (1962-1966)?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Should've been on the RED Album
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 03:57:28 AM »

I Saw Her Standing There and Twist and Shout are glaring omissions IMO.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:08:13 PM »

Quote from: 218
I Saw Her Standing There and Twist and Shout are glaring omissions IMO.

Absolutely agreed.

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 12:42:41 PM »

I voted for "I Saw Her Standing There".  "Twist and Shout" is one of my faves, but I would keep it off the Red Album as it is a cover-  and keep the Red and Blue albums compilations of Beatles' originals.
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »

Quote from: 1426
I voted for "I Saw Her Standing There".  "Twist and Shout" is one of my faves, but I would keep it off the Red Album as it is a cover-  and keep the Red and Blue albums compilations of Beatles' originals.

You can vote for more than one song.

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »

Here, There and Everywhere, Rain and I Saw Her Standing There should have been on it!
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Relentless

• One And One Is Two
  • What Will Be...
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »

I am glad the 'Revolver' songs never made it on there except Yellow and Eleanor, they are the weakest offerings from the Revovler album imo. Makes Revolver more special to me.

dbone828

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »

I voted for "I Saw Her Standing There," "Twist and Shout," "Got to Get You Into My Life," and "Here, There and Everywhere."  As much as the lack of Revolver songs probably did make it more special to me as well, only two songs to represent it just isn't enough.  This is considered to be one of the greatest albums of all time!  Also, it is quite strange that Rubber Soul has so many songs included (6), while Sgt. Pepper has 4, the White Album has 3, and Abbey Road 4.

I think that if the Red and Blue albums would have been released after "Got to Get You Into My Life" became a hit single, it probably would have been included.

Also, I can understand why "Twist and Shout" wasn't included (because of lack of space, they opted not to include any cover songs), but this is one of their biggest hits, cover or not.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »

I Saw Her Standing There.
Though the biggest his single left-off was "Twist and Shout"
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 07:08:23 AM »

I Saw Her Standing There

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »

One or two "album cuts" would have been good.  Songs like Misery are unknown to "radio fans" who haven't sampled entire albums, and it is a great song.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:39 AM »

"I Saw Her Standing There," "Rain," and "Tomorrow Never Knows" for me, and I'd replace "Michelle" with "Here, There, and Everywhere." "I've Just Seen A Face" is another favorite of mine. A couple of covers, like "Twist and Shout" and "Long Tall Sally," certainly belong as well.

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 11:03:57 PM »

Quote from: 1161
"I've Just Seen A Face" is another favorite of mine. .

Another vote for I've Just Seen A Face - great tune

BlueMeanie

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »

I've never owned either of these albums. I don't see the point in buying what you already have, when you'll almost certainly disagree with the selection. So easy just to make your own.

As far as I can see The Beatles have never had a totally comprehensive 'Greatest Hits' package. '1' almost did it, but left off Please Please Me, and Strawberry Fields because of course, they didn't get to No. 1. Even 'Oldies, But Goldies' left off a couple of songs.

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 04:19:05 AM »

Well The album is a Greatest Hit album EMI Choose to only include only the Big hits You can only fit so many songs on a Record since CD did not Exist yet  If they added more songs it would turn into a 3 Album set and they would have to find 11 more songs  to fill that records You can squeeze more song a Record  but It will take the sound Quality down to a to all most half. All of them are great songs and some of these are B sides and Album fillers songs. and in the Beatles contract only released 2 album and EMI has to release the double albums on a Double CD`s

NoNameR

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 03:33:23 PM »

I don't think "Twist and Shout" would be suitable, as that would make it the only cover-version on there (I think?).

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »

It's gotta be "I Saw Her Standing There" and "Rain," at least for me. And I agree with whoever said "Michelle" needs to come off. There are a ton of superior songs... to be honest, I never understood what the big deal with "Michelle" was.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 12:28:40 AM »

Megan, no arguments from me. "Michelle" is one of the few Beatles songs I absolutely can't stand.

Quote from: 1161
I'd replace "Michelle" with "Here, There, and Everywhere."
I second this whole-heartedly.

But I am further outraged. Why are "And Your Bird Can Sing" and "I'm Only Sleeping" so far down in the poll? Sacrilege! :)

In terms of importance, however, I think "I Saw Her Standing There" absolutely should be there. It's not one of my favorites personally, but it was a huge song in their breaking in period. I think "Twist and Shout" should be there because it is still one of the greatest Beatles performances ever, and equally important in establishing their name and feel.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

dbone828

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »

I have added the poll, and thanks to the seemingly unlimited amount of options we can add now, I included every song released from 1962-1966 that wasn't on the Red album.
Enjoy! :D

Mustang_Ed

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »

I tried to vote for two songs that jumped off the screen at me.  "I'll Be Back" and "No Reply".  But I think only "No Reply" was counted.

I love these two songs.

So many great songs on this list though!

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 90 queries.