Other forums > Current Affairs

Queen Elizabeth dies.

(1/3) > >>

nimrod:
I'm not a Royalist but feel sad about this, she's been around all my life and did the job very well, unlike the grubby lying politicians we seem to get.

Hello Goodbye:
I'm saddened by the news too, Kev.  She did her job as Princess Elizabeth very well too.  She truly kept the promise she made at age 21...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yDDqO4dH3c

I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.

Hello Goodbye:

This morning, a rainbow formed as people gathered outside Buckingham Palace following a statement from the Palace over concerns for Queen Elizabeth's health.

Moogmodule:
I’m the same Nim. Not really a monarchist but she was an admirable person. It’s a strange feeling that she’s no longer in that job.  Things will change that have been constants through my life. It will be strange to see a new face on the reverse of our coins for instance. And like the passing of our musical heros it underlines time passing us by.

Normandie:

I'm sadder than I expected I would be about her passing. She always seemed so classy, and so strong, as well as genuinely kind and down to earth. A steady, constant presence in a world that at times can seem frightening and/or sad. From what I've been reading online, I'm not the only American who feels this way. RIP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version